Migration agent based in Australia?

Old Sep 1st 2018, 7:41 pm
Just Joined

Sam_B is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Migration agent based in Australia?

Hi,

I want to apply for the Partner Visa, and am thinking of doing so using an agent's help. Would it be better for my application if I looked for an agent based in Australia as opposed to hiring one in my own country? Alternatively, how easy or difficult would it be for me to file the application myself?

Any and all advice appreciated.

Thanks
Old Sep 2nd 2018, 12:49 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Migration agent based in Australia?

Originally Posted by Sam_B
Hi,

I want to apply for the Partner Visa, and am thinking of doing so using an agent's help. Would it be better for my application if I looked for an agent based in Australia as opposed to hiring one in my own country? Alternatively, how easy or difficult would it be for me to file the application myself?

Any and all advice appreciated.

Thanks
Plenty of people file for themselves without using an agent - a quick check of this forum would verify that.

It makes no difference where the agent is based if you do choose to use one, but please use a MARA registered agent. You can check their register to locate agents in either country.
Old Sep 2nd 2018, 11:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

TeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond repute

As old.sparkles says it makes little difference where your agent is based.
The website to check that the migration agent you choose is registered is https://www.mara.gov.au/
Note it is the individual person, not the agency, that is registered and each agent should be able to show you their individual MARN number that you can check on the above site.
Old Sep 5th 2018, 8:39 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sam.

A few agents have offices in the UK and in Australia. No names mentioned ...

Maybe have a chat with one or two agents to get some prices, and to gauge whether you think an agent will add value/give you comfort/etc?

Best regards.
Old Sep 9th 2018, 8:46 pm
Just Joined

Sam_B is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you every one for your input. <snipped>

Last edited by BEVS; Sep 9th 2018 at 8:57 pm. Reason: Rather odd and spammy for a 2nd post. Ask about agents. Have two answer & then come up with a magic one.