Wikiposts

Migrating as hairdressers

Old Aug 30th 2007, 11:32 pm
Forum Regular

Michang is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Migrating as hairdressers

Hi there,

We are contemplating migrating to Australia (Sunshine Coast, Queensland). I will be doing a Masters degree on a student visa and my wife would like to do a hairdresser course.

Who has experience with the schools in or near Brisbane?

The ones I found are:

TAFE in the sunshine coast
WHA in Brisbane
Brisbane School of hairdressing in Brisbane (Brishair).

The last one is advertising that some of the courses include the 900 hours of work expeirence which is required to get a positive assessment by TRA.

WHA looks far more professional judged by their E-mail responses, their website and the fact that they particpate in many contests.

The TAFE school is a state run school which does not reply to E-mail queries at all (in my experience).

Who has done (or spoken to people, or about to start) courses of these institues and what are your experiences?
Is it true that the 900 hours of experience included in the BRISHAIR is acceptable to TRA?
Would it be easy to find a job as a hairdresser in Australia (Sunshine Coast)after completing Certificate III in hairdressing if you are over 35 years of age?

I know that if you would do a course which runs for 2 years full time (according to CRICOS) you can apply for the new Graduate visa (after Sept 01, 2007) which will allow you to remain in Australia for another 18 months to gain more work expeirence to apply for a PR.

Any advise/help is welcome.
Old Sep 1st 2007, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Migrating as hairdressers

Anybody?
There must be many people doing this path...
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

Carlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to all

Hi, we are planning to do a student visa to Melbourne this Jan 08, so sorry no knowledge of those colleges you mentioned, but we were lead to believe that the 900 hrs for a tra assessment was required to be outside of the normal work experience which forms part of the college course, as my wife's course in patisserie requires 1000 hrs over the 2yrs, which would be great if that was acceptable to the tra, but I don't think so. I think I'll probably contact an agent nearer the time and seek their advice..

Good luck to you and your family with your plans.

Best wishes
Russ & Sarah
Old Oct 4th 2007, 7:07 am
Banned

mendoncan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Carlton Cold's
Hi, we are planning to do a student visa to Melbourne this Jan 08, so sorry no knowledge of those colleges you mentioned, but we were lead to believe that the 900 hrs for a tra assessment was required to be outside of the normal work experience which forms part of the college course, as my wife's course in patisserie requires 1000 hrs over the 2yrs, which would be great if that was acceptable to the tra, but I don't think so. I think I'll probably contact an agent nearer the time and seek their advice..

Good luck to you and your family with your plans.

Best wishes
Russ & Sarah
Hi,

Why dont you think so? I am planning to do the same Course from TAFE. Will this not assist in obtaining a positive skills assessment? Let me know what happens for you.

Nat
Old Oct 4th 2007, 7:19 am
BE Enthusiast

annkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud of

Hi everyone, i have just got my bn136 visa, using my hairdressing trade. To gain entry to oz on this visa I needed to have 900hrs training at college which i much more of and have 6 yrs experience of which i had to have proof of. i hope this helps you all, it has taken 13months to get this using an agent
ann
Old Oct 5th 2007, 12:26 am
Forum Regular

trainee_pilot will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Michang
Hi there,

We are contemplating migrating to Australia (Sunshine Coast, Queensland). I will be doing a Masters degree on a student visa and my wife would like to do a hairdresser course.

Who has experience with the schools in or near Brisbane?

The ones I found are:

TAFE in the sunshine coast
WHA in Brisbane
Brisbane School of hairdressing in Brisbane (Brishair).

The last one is advertising that some of the courses include the 900 hours of work expeirence which is required to get a positive assessment by TRA.

WHA looks far more professional judged by their E-mail responses, their website and the fact that they particpate in many contests.

The TAFE school is a state run school which does not reply to E-mail queries at all (in my experience).

Who has done (or spoken to people, or about to start) courses of these institues and what are your experiences?
Is it true that the 900 hours of experience included in the BRISHAIR is acceptable to TRA?
Would it be easy to find a job as a hairdresser in Australia (Sunshine Coast)after completing Certificate III in hairdressing if you are over 35 years of age?

I know that if you would do a course which runs for 2 years full time (according to CRICOS) you can apply for the new Graduate visa (after Sept 01, 2007) which will allow you to remain in Australia for another 18 months to gain more work expeirence to apply for a PR.

Any advise/help is welcome.
see my last lot of posts regarding SC Tafe and hairdressing...be prepared and be careful what with what they promise! btw my OH older than 35!

TP
Old Oct 5th 2007, 1:36 am
Forum Regular

TP,

Where can I find your "last lot of posts"?

What do the abbreviations "SC" and "OH" mean?

Michang
Old Oct 5th 2007, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

trainee_pilot will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Michang
TP,

Where can I find your "last lot of posts"?

What do the abbreviations "SC" and "OH" mean?

Michang
Click on my name then a little menu appears, select view posts (cant remember exactly) and there you go.

OH means 'other half' meaning partner.

SC means 'Sunshine Coast'

TP