Wikiposts

Migrant Baggage Allowance

Old Aug 24th 2004, 6:29 am
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Migrant Baggage Allowance

QANTAS also give you the 40kg baggage allowance and they offer a reduced migrant airfare as well...only applies to cattle class though.. business classs still same price and baggage allowance of 30kg
Old Aug 24th 2004, 9:21 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fiona&malc
QANTAS also give you the 40kg baggage allowance and they offer a reduced migrant airfare as well...only applies to cattle class though.. business classs still same price and baggage allowance of 30kg
Beware the Qantas Migrant fare though - before you take them up on it, shop around! They offered me a "special migrant fare", Cathay were £200 cheaper!!!!
Old Aug 24th 2004, 3:03 pm
Just Joined

marcelectro is an unknown quantity at this point

40kg baggage allowance applies only for refugees, you need an special certificate from the International Organization for Migration (www.oim.int)
Old Aug 24th 2004, 7:55 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marcelectro
40kg baggage allowance applies only for refugees, you need an special certificate from the International Organization for Migration (www.oim.int)
From your country maybe, but from the UK its different.
Old Aug 25th 2004, 3:50 am
Just Joined

marcelectro is an unknown quantity at this point

from everywhere (Quantas - Sydney said that) , I think it's an UN international agreement ( 4 x 40Kg x person )
Old Aug 25th 2004, 9:19 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by marcelectro
from everywhere (Quantas - Sydney said that) , I think it's an UN international agreement ( 4 x 40Kg x person )
I'm willing to stand corrected if I'm wrong, but most of the people using the forum, who have lready emigrated, managed to get the 40 kg but I don't think anyone has ever mentioned this certificate before, much less got one..... anyone out there wanna correct me?
Old Sep 5th 2004, 12:16 pm
Just me!

antjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: Migrant Baggage Allowance

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I'm willing to stand corrected if I'm wrong, but most of the people using the forum, who have lready emigrated, managed to get the 40 kg but I don't think anyone has ever mentioned this certificate before, much less got one..... anyone out there wanna correct me?
As of June 2004. EU law states that no baggage can weigh more than 32kgs entering or leaving London Heathrow due to health and safety laws protecting the baggage handlers well being, this applies to all airlines.

Ant
Old Sep 5th 2004, 12:23 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by antjen
As of June 2004. EU law states that no baggage can weigh more than 32kgs entering or leaving London Heathrow due to health and safety laws protecting the baggage handlers well being, this applies to all airlines.

Ant
That applies to ONE individual item of baggage, not to the actual allowance. Its not very clear admittedly, but it basically means that no one item can weigh more than 32kgs (for Health and Safety reasons, as you state)
Old Sep 5th 2004, 8:09 pm
Hugh Janus

That's 32kg as a single item. Some airlines allow 2 items i.e. 64kgs if
flying via USA

Old Sep 6th 2004, 12:51 am
Just Joined

Clipper is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hugh Janus
That's 32kg as a single item. Some airlines allow 2 items i.e. 64kgs if
flying via USA
Cheers everyone. I finally plumped for Singapore, as I couldn't bear the thought of having to go through US customs in the middle of such a long journey. I'll get in contact with Singapore and see what hopefully happens.