Wikiposts

Middle East Police clearance

Old Jul 25th 2006, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

imate1 is just really niceimate1 is just really niceimate1 is just really niceimate1 is just really niceimate1 is just really niceimate1 is just really niceimate1 is just really niceimate1 is just really nice
Default Middle East Police clearance

Hi all,

I wonder if you could help me, well my wife will be applying for a spouse visa and she lived for sometime in Saudi-Arabia and now unable to get any police clearance from there. She is no longer resident there and police clearance doesn't seem to exist in Saudi Arabia.

Any one been in the same situation please help. Can you do any sort of declaration to show that you have no criminal record? will DIMIA will waive if she can not provide this.
Old Jul 25th 2006, 9:39 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Middle East Police clearance

Originally Posted by imate1
Hi all,

I wonder if you could help me, well my wife will be applying for a spouse visa and she lived for sometime in Saudi-Arabia and now unable to get any police clearance from there. She is no longer resident there and police clearance doesn't seem to exist in Saudi Arabia.

Any one been in the same situation please help. Can you do any sort of declaration to show that you have no criminal record? will DIMIA will waive if she can not provide this.
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/47p.pdf and check the info for Saudi Arabia
Old Jul 25th 2006, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

imate1 is just really niceimate1 is just really niceimate1 is just really niceimate1 is just really niceimate1 is just really niceimate1 is just really niceimate1 is just really niceimate1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/47p.pdf and check the info for Saudi Arabia
Hi Pollyana,

Thanks for replying, I've already seen that information. My problem is when my wife enquired about it no one seems to know in Saudi-Arabia and she been told because she doesn't live there anymore they can not deal with her. Basically they have no clue about this form.
Old Jul 25th 2006, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

Meretta is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you try going through her former sponsor? We were in a similar situation in Oman and contacted our former sponsor, they were able to get a certificate issued.
Goodluck, that sort of thing can be very difficult in the midle east.
Meretta
Old Jul 25th 2006, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

sunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nicesunburn is just really nice
Wink Re: Middle East Police clearance

Hi Pollyana,

Thanks for replying, I've already seen that information. My problem is when my wife enquired about it no one seems to know in Saudi-Arabia and she been told because she doesn't live there anymore they can not deal with her. Basically they have no clue about this form.
Maybe you should change the name ? Sounds too much like "inmate" ;-)
Old Jul 26th 2006, 11:02 am
Just Joined

JanM is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Hi

We were in exactly the same position. Our CO was very understanding of how difficult it is to get but insisted that we get the Police Clearance, unbelievably you can get it it from the Saudi Embassy in Dubai and Canberra but London kept telling us no they didn't do it - they even offered us a 3 day visitors visa to Riyadh to sort it out! We also went down the route of previous employers but all they could offer was a letter of no objection. So in the end we went to our local police station got fingerprints done (remember to attach photo and get the officer to sign across the photo) sent them with a pleading letter, reasons why we wanted clearance and if possible copies of any Saudi ID, we had copies of our Iqamas and we photocopied our exit visas and sent to the Saudi Embassy in London. I would call them cos I cannot remember which section to send it all to. Don't be put off we applied in the February and rang numerous times- many of which they denied all knoweldge of us. Eventually in the November our fingerprints came back with a purple stamp in arabic basically giving us the clearance!!

Good luck and don't give up! J
Old Jul 26th 2006, 11:15 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JanM
Hi

We were in exactly the same position. Our CO was very understanding of how difficult it is to get but insisted that we get the Police Clearance, unbelievably you can get it it from the Saudi Embassy in Dubai and Canberra but London kept telling us no they didn't do it - they even offered us a 3 day visitors visa to Riyadh to sort it out!

There are DIMA policies about how you might get a police check waived if the country concerned refuses to issue one (form 47P instructions are unrealistic for many countries if you are neither a citizen nor resident) however many case officers don't understand this policy section well.
Old Jul 26th 2006, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you very much everybody for the info and advice. Appreciate it.