Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Message to SS applicants - new changes play in your hand.

Message to SS applicants - new changes play in your hand.

Old Mar 6th 2010, 2:59 am
Just Joined

Avstral is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Message to SS applicants - new changes play in your hand.

Hi everyone,

There has been a lot grief on the phorum regarding the new changes from the 8th of Feb.
Let's try to look at it from the different perspective.

I applied for SS (NSW), non CSL, non MODL in May 2009, got a case officer within 20 days, submitted meds and police check and then suddenly my application was put on ice in September.
I have a PhD, 5 years of work experience in Oz (457 visa), NSW sponsorship, I've paid hundreds thousands in taxes and I had to give a way to all hairdressers and cooks who spent 6 months studying some course in OZ to receive the CSL priority and become taxi drivers. Not too bad....

I hope finally there will be some justice and I would like to thank Chris Evans for that. Finally OZ will be looking to accept those applicants who are really skilled. Actually, the justice has already happened to me, I got my 176 visa last week. I believe it could only happen cos now the case officers have some time to look at the 5th category - State Sponsored applicants and maybe even 6th category - MODL and family sponsored.

To cut long story short I got a message to all Cat 5 applicants - you are the clear winners from the new changes, it is not going to be three years for you to get a visa, it is coming. And it is coming soon......
Good luck to all of you!
Fingers crossed!
Old Mar 6th 2010, 4:04 am
Forum Regular

azakir is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Message to SS applicants - new changes play in your hand.

Originally Posted by Avstral
Hi everyone,

There has been a lot grief on the phorum regarding the new changes from the 8th of Feb.

I applied for SS (NSW), non CSL, non MODL in May 2009, got a case officer within 20 days, submitted meds and police check and then suddenly my application was put on ice in September.
I have a PhD, 5 years of work experience in Oz (457 visa), NSW sponsorship, I've paid hundreds thousands in taxes and I had to give a way to all hairdressers and cooks who spent 6 months studying some course in OZ to receive the CSL priority and become taxi drivers. Not too bad....

I hope finally there will be some justice and I would like to thank Chris Evans for that. Finally OZ will be looking to accept those applicants who are really skilled. Actually, the justice has already happened to me, I got my 176 visa last week. I believe it could only happen cos now the case officers have some time to look at the 5th category - State Sponsored applicants and maybe even 6th category - MODL and family sponsored.

To cut long story short I got a message to all Cat 5 applicants - you are the clear winners from the new changes, it is not going to be three years for you to get a visa, it is coming. And it is coming soon......
Good luck to all of you!
Fingers crossed!
I believe you . I am one of the companions as you said. This is a great news that we do not have to wait 3 yeras.

Wish you good luck and all the best on your achievement.
Old Mar 6th 2010, 4:11 am
Forum Regular

may_app is an unknown quantity at this point

Hard works paying off....
Congratulations and All the best!!
Old Mar 6th 2010, 10:49 am
GSM 886, Feb 09 applicant

Cath76 is an unknown quantity at this point

FYI cooks and hairdressers study for 2 years not 6 months and they were never on the CSL.

Also some of us are skilled!!!!

Hi everyone,

Good luck to all of you!
Fingers crossed!
Old Mar 6th 2010, 10:55 am
BE Enthusiast

wookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nicewookiee06 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Cath76
FYI cooks and hairdressers study for 2 years not 6 months and they were never on the CSL.

Also some of us are skilled!!!!
hey cath, you dont fit into this, as a pasty chef is very skilled and its takes years of hard work to get to this,

Pastry chefs aree like artists
Old Mar 6th 2010, 11:12 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Finally OZ will be looking to accept those applicants who are really skilled.
A lot of people on here will find that comment very offensive. There are plenty of IT people who consider themselves 'skilled' yet will find it very, very hard to find a job.

On the other hand I think a good chef or hairdresser will never have problem getting work.
Old Mar 6th 2010, 12:43 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by hoofie2002
A lot of people on here will find that comment very offensive. There are plenty of IT people who consider themselves 'skilled' yet will find it very, very hard to find a job.

On the other hand I think a good chef or hairdresser will never have problem getting work.
So do you think that the IT or engineering or maths guys who have spent number of years studying hardcore subjects at Uni (quite of few of them got Masters and PhD degrees as well) with years of work experience should wait until hairdressers get processed first?
I'd like to see Australia leading the world in science and technology, not the hair styles and pastry recepies...
Old Mar 6th 2010, 3:58 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

So do you think that the IT or engineering or maths guys who have spent number of years studying hardcore subjects at Uni (quite of few of them got Masters and PhD degrees as well) with years of work experience should wait until hairdressers get processed first?
I'd like to see Australia leading the world in science and technology, not the hair styles and pastry recepies...
Who told you that you are superior to hairdressers and pastry chefs?
Old Mar 6th 2010, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

JoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really nice
Exclamation Re: Message to SS applicants - new changes play in your hand.

Originally Posted by paulry
LOL
Old Mar 6th 2010, 11:11 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by paulry
Where did I write I want to be superior?
They have been superior to me for a long time at least in the eyes of immigration. I am glad it is over and everyone is on the same page and some qualified people have chance to be processed and not wait in the queue for 3 years.
Go the 5th category.
Old Mar 7th 2010, 12:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Hairdressers are not CSL and would also have been in for a three year wait. Just like anybody else in an occupation DIAC feels is less critical at the moment. A country needs people with a variety of skills, not only scientists or whatever it is you think is more important.
Old Mar 7th 2010, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

crispysince70 is an unknown quantity at this point

So "Take that" Lol. ( I'm also a very experienced and talented hairdresser)
Old Mar 7th 2010, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

Tye68 is just really niceTye68 is just really niceTye68 is just really niceTye68 is just really niceTye68 is just really niceTye68 is just really niceTye68 is just really niceTye68 is just really niceTye68 is just really niceTye68 is just really niceTye68 is just really nice

[QUOTE=Avstral;8398218]Hi everyone,

There has been a lot grief on the phorum regarding the new changes from

phorum
Old Mar 7th 2010, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

Chris N Lora will become famous soon enoughChris N Lora will become famous soon enough

Lets be frank .. Australia is never going to be the leaders when it comes to Science and Techology .... to be fair if I wanted to I could go get a PHD for free and pretend to be and expert at a occupation ... I bet loads of these people with a Phd are driving a Taxi or sweeping floors or working stacking shelfs .... Idiotic posts like these are one of the reasons this site is going down hill and going down fast.
Old Mar 7th 2010, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

cfmx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chris N Lora
Lets be frank .. Australia is never going to be the leaders when it comes to Science and Techology .... to be fair if I wanted to I could go get a PHD for free and pretend to be and expert at a occupation ... I bet loads of these people with a Phd are driving a Taxi or sweeping floors or working stacking shelfs .... Idiotic posts like these are one of the reasons this site is going down hill and going down fast.
Hi all,

I think it is not what we have studied but what we do and how we take ourselves higher professionally counts.

Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.