Wikiposts

mention driving offence on visa form?

Old Mar 7th 2006, 12:11 am
Forum Regular

liverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to allliverpool girl is a name known to all
Question mention driving offence on visa form?

We are completing a 457 visa form and one section asks if you have ever been of a crime or offence etc.. My husband got 3 points on license for speeding some time ago. Do we mention this on the form?
Also, there is a section re medical concerns (question no 26). The only thing we can think of is that husband has asthma and takes inhalers. Do we mention this on the form?
Many thanks!!
Old Mar 7th 2006, 12:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: mention driving offence on visa form?

Originally Posted by liverpool girl
We are completing a 457 visa form and one section asks if you have ever been of a crime or offence etc.. My husband got 3 points on license for speeding some time ago. Do we mention this on the form?
Also, there is a section re medical concerns (question no 26). The only thing we can think of is that husband has asthma and takes inhalers. Do we mention this on the form?
Many thanks!!

Re the driving offence, see this post http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=359331

The Asthma will have to be declared, but shouldn't cause too much trouble with your application.

Hope that helps
Old Mar 7th 2006, 3:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Jensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by WendyC
Re the driving offence, see this post http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=359331

The Asthma will have to be declared, but shouldn't cause too much trouble with your application.

Hope that helps
My wife and I declared our SP50 (speeding - one week ban + big fine) and TS10 (red light - 3 points + fine). Got visa's last week.

On the meds front, they'll only worry about anything which will cost them a lot to treat (i.e. $000's)
Old Mar 7th 2006, 4:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jensen Healey
My wife and I declared our SP50 (speeding - one week ban + big fine) and TS10 (red light - 3 points + fine). Got visa's last week.

On the meds front, they'll only worry about anything which will cost them a lot to treat (i.e. $000's)

I think they are only interested in Criminal Offences and custodial sentences. My hubby has 3 points for being 2 miles per hour over in a 30 zone (hidden camera in a van). We didn't have to declare that (asked agent).
Old Mar 7th 2006, 4:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Alison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks!!

You have to put it all on the forms because if it turns up and you haven't admitted it you will be refused your Visa.

My husband got a caution for a driving offence when he was eighteen and we still put it done.

They won't fail your hubby's medical for having asthma and you could always get a letter off your GP just to confirm your medication and how well your doing, there are always ways of making what you feel are negatives into positives.

Ali
Old Mar 7th 2006, 5:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Many thanks!!
Re traffic offences:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=359331