Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

CDR, WORK EXPERIENCE REFERENCE related Queries

CDR, WORK EXPERIENCE REFERENCE related Queries

Old Jun 27th 2016, 11:10 am
Just Joined

DrSpeed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CDR, WORK EXPERIENCE REFERENCE related Queries

Hi Friends,

I have started writing my CDR , as I am writing it on my own instead of outsourcing it, I am facing few issues and need your support to resolve them.

My profile: B.tech ECE, 4 years experience in automotive electronics, IELTS : L 7.5, S 7, W 6.5, AGE:28

Below are the queries.

1. In CDR do we have to mention any part of code(embedded c) which we have implemented?

2. FOR electronics engineers (233411 ELECTRONICS ENGINEER), below are the JOB duties as per ANZCO.
Tasks Include:
  • designing electronic components, circuits and systems used for computer, communication and control systems, and other industrial applications
  • designing software, especially embedded software, to be used within such systems
  • developing apparatus and procedures to test electronic components, circuits and systems
  • supervising installation and commissioning of computer, communication and control systems, and ensuring proper control and protection methods
  • establishing and monitoring performance and safety standards and procedures for operation, modification, maintenance and repair of such systems
  • designing communications bearers based on wired, optical fibre and wireless communication media
  • analyzing communications traffic and level of service, and determining the type of installation, location, layout and transmission medium for communication systems
  • designing and developing signal processing algorithms and implementing these through appropriate choice of hardware and software

Do we have to fulfill all these duties or 1 or 2 duties are enough to get positive assessment?

3. For work experience: what all documents can be attached, is it compulsory to get a declaration for job duties on company letter head from HR. I am worried as current employer gets to know my plans they will scrap my appraisal. hope you guys understand my point?

4.is it worth to get assessment done on fastrack basis, can we save time by this?

5. For CPD document do we need proof of CPD's/ trainings attended, as i assume in all companies internal training they dont from certificate.

6 Can anyone share their CDR specific to Embedded engineer of electronics engineer?
Old Jun 27th 2016, 2:55 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: CDR, WORK EXPERIENCE REFERENCE related Queries

hi friends this post has been moved and no replies any violation of the rules in this post ???
Old Jun 27th 2016, 2:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DrSpeed
hi friends this post has been moved and no replies any violation of the rules in this post ???
It's been moved because you put it in The Welcome Inn - which is only a place to say hi and introduce yourself. As you were asking specific questions, I moved it to the appropriate forum.

As for no replies, it's only been a few hours and most of Oz is fast asleep! Have patience (and perhaps note Site Rule 13 ).

HTH.
Old Jun 27th 2016, 3:02 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
It's been moved because you put it in The Welcome Inn - which is only a place to say hi and introduce yourself. As you were asking specific questions, I moved it to the appropriate forum.

As for no replies, it's only been a few hours and most of Oz is fast asleep! Have patience (and perhaps note Site Rule 13 ).

HTH.
heheheh.... okay.. thank you moving to correct forum.
Old Jun 28th 2016, 3:21 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Have you read the guidance booklet on EA website?

There is info in there on what is needed for the CDR / CPD
Old Jun 28th 2016, 3:35 pm
Lost in the antipodes

msmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Friends,

I have started writing my CDR , as I am writing it on my own instead of outsourcing it, I am facing few issues and need your support to resolve them.

My profile: B.tech ECE, 4 years experience in automotive electronics, IELTS : L 7.5, S 7, W 6.5, AGE:28

Below are the queries.

1. In CDR do we have to mention any part of code(embedded c) which we have implemented?

2. FOR electronics engineers (233411 ELECTRONICS ENGINEER), below are the JOB duties as per ANZCO.
Tasks Include:
  • designing electronic components, circuits and systems used for computer, communication and control systems, and other industrial applications
  • designing software, especially embedded software, to be used within such systems
  • developing apparatus and procedures to test electronic components, circuits and systems
  • supervising installation and commissioning of computer, communication and control systems, and ensuring proper control and protection methods
  • establishing and monitoring performance and safety standards and procedures for operation, modification, maintenance and repair of such systems
  • designing communications bearers based on wired, optical fibre and wireless communication media
  • analyzing communications traffic and level of service, and determining the type of installation, location, layout and transmission medium for communication systems
  • designing and developing signal processing algorithms and implementing these through appropriate choice of hardware and software

Do we have to fulfill all these duties or 1 or 2 duties are enough to get positive assessment?

3. For work experience: what all documents can be attached, is it compulsory to get a declaration for job duties on company letter head from HR. I am worried as current employer gets to know my plans they will scrap my appraisal. hope you guys understand my point?

4.is it worth to get assessment done on fastrack basis, can we save time by this?

5. For CPD document do we need proof of CPD's/ trainings attended, as i assume in all companies internal training they dont from certificate.

6 Can anyone share their CDR specific to Embedded engineer of electronics engineer?
You really need to read a good read of the Engineers Australia booklet as it goes over how to prepare a CDR and what type of supporting documentation to go with it.

It is supposed to be all your own work (NOT outsourced for someone else to write ). I have no idea what an embedded engineer of electronics is supposed to have done, part of the challenge of writing a CDR is to explain how your work experience satisfies the core competencies of being a professional engineer, i.e. 'knowledge of contextual factors impacting the engineering discipline' (PE1.5), 'fluent application of engineering techniques, tools and resources' (PE2.2)
Old Jun 28th 2016, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by msmyrtle
You really need to read a good read of the Engineers Australia booklet as it goes over how to prepare a CDR and what type of supporting documentation to go with it.

It is supposed to be all your own work (NOT outsourced for someone else to write ). I have no idea what an embedded engineer of electronics is supposed to have done, part of the challenge of writing a CDR is to explain how your work experience satisfies the core competencies of being a professional engineer, i.e. 'knowledge of contextual factors impacting the engineering discipline' (PE1.5), 'fluent application of engineering techniques, tools and resources' (PE2.2)

Thank you for your reply and reading this long post.
Old Jun 28th 2016, 4:24 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Have you read the guidance booklet on EA website?

There is info in there on what is needed for the CDR / CPD
Yes i have gone through the assessment booklet, from that we can get a template for how to write the CDR but It do not describes if we have to share piece of codes which we have written, I am worried as this can be infringement to some patents which are in companies name and i was part of it.
Old Jun 28th 2016, 4:48 pm
Lost in the antipodes

msmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond reputemsmyrtle has a reputation beyond repute

Yes i have gone through the assessment booklet, from that we can get a template for how to write the CDR but It do not describes if we have to share piece of codes which we have written, I am worried as this can be infringement to some patents which are in companies name and i was part of it.
Here are some extracts from the EA booklet:

Do not present large amounts of technical material. It is recommended that each narrative be a minimum of about 1000 words and a maximum of about 2000 words.
Each career episode must clearly demonstrate the application of engineering knowledge and skills in the engineering discipline for which the applicant seeks recognition.
That is, state "what you did" and describe "how you did it", with emphasis on your own personal actions, eg "I designed...", "I investigated...". Excessive technical detail (diagrams, photos, calculations, tables) are not required.
c) Personal Engineering Activity (500 – 1000 words)
This is the body of the narrative and the key assessable component. In this section you must describe in detail the actual work performed by you. It is not sufficient to describe the activity performed by a team or group - your own role must be clearly identified. Remember it is your own personal engineering competencies that are being assessed.
This section should include such things as:
• how you applied your engineering knowledge and skills;
• the tasks delegated to you and how you went about accomplishing them;
• any particular technical difficulties/problems you encountered and how you solved them;
• strategies devised by you including any original or creative design work;
• how you worked with other team members.
Also bear and mind that the reviewer(s) reading your CDRs are looking at how you apply your engineering knowledge. They may or may not have an electrical engineering background, it is up to you to explain (in text and paragraphs, not using snippets of code) why you have the competencies of a professional engineer.
Old May 21st 2017, 1:54 pm
Just Joined

naveen00727 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I am LV engineers use to deals in designing and commissioning of CCTV cameras, Access control system, Building management system and Fire alarm system. I submitted my CDR under 233411(Electronics engineer) and got reply as pls share additional Career episode showing competencies in Electronic Circuit design. Now I am confused if i have to share CE showing PCB-Embedded based designing(Chip level) or Normal electronic/electrical components like relay, power supplies, CCTV devices and accessories. Please help as I dont have experience in embedded.
Old May 21st 2017, 4:40 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by naveen00727
Hi I am LV engineers use to deals in designing and commissioning of CCTV cameras, Access control system, Building management system and Fire alarm system. I submitted my CDR under 233411(Electronics engineer) and got reply as pls share additional Career episode showing competencies in Electronic Circuit design. Now I am confused if i have to share CE showing PCB-Embedded based designing(Chip level) or Normal electronic/electrical components like relay, power supplies, CCTV devices and accessories. Please help as I dont have experience in embedded.
Hi Naveen - all you can do is write a CE that shows competency in the type of electronic circuit design you've actually done (had experience in). Even if they do want experience in the type you haven't done, there's no use worrying about it - you can't give them what you haven't got. Best of luck.