Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

eVisitor business trip pending 457 - anything I should be wary of?

eVisitor business trip pending 457 - anything I should be wary of?

Old May 23rd 2017, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

extrobe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default eVisitor business trip pending 457 - anything I should be wary of?

Hi, pending the issuance of a 457 visa, work have booked a business trip on a eVisitor visa.

It's possible that by the time I go, the 457 visa will have been granted, but either way, this will be a return trip after 3 weeks.

My plan was to load up on luggage to leave behind in oz for when we travel out in August (eg, kids clothes etc). Assuming I'm only on the eVisitor visa, is this something I should be careful about doing - could immigration view it as suspicious that I've got more luggage than I plan to return with, or, if I was quizzed, would they take into account that we have a pending 457 application?

The return flight will already be booked, I won't be travelling with family - but don't want to jeopardise the 457 visa