MELBOURNE - ARE WE ALONE?

Old Apr 25th 2003, 3:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there

Im 39 and hubby 38 and daughter 8. we are moving to Melbourne (I was born there). My brother lives in Perth so ineffect we will not know anyone at all. But we will do our best to make friends and will hopefully move to the east subs.
I think loads of us on this forum are going to Melbourne, or it could be that I chat alot to people who are going to Melb.
Once over there we plan to meet up and have a get together. A good idea for those of us with no family over there to help out and chat to.

Cheers BooBoo
Old Apr 25th 2003, 5:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

terryg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by booboo
Hi there

Im 39 and hubby 38 and daughter 8. we are moving to Melbourne (I was born there). My brother lives in Perth so ineffect we will not know anyone at all. But we will do our best to make friends and will hopefully move to the east subs.
I think loads of us on this forum are going to Melbourne, or it could be that I chat alot to people who are going to Melb.
Once over there we plan to meet up and have a get together. A good idea for those of us with no family over there to help out and chat to.

Cheers BooBoo
Hi BB

I think that's a fantastic idea !!!!

I've also heard that you're good at organising things.......

Terry
Old Apr 25th 2003, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Terry

Ok I get the hint. I therefore announce that I will be the official organiser of a get together in Melbourne

Hopefully one of many

"Watch this Space"

Any Suggestions for a name

I.E." The Melbourne Blighties"

or B.I.M ( British in Melbourne)

Sorry but my brainbox not up to scratch today. Childminding in the Easter Holidays has taken it,s toll. Symptons ..... nervous tick,
paranoia, jibberish talk, dribbling and general confusion. Takes a day or two to get over it.
You ought to see me after the summer hols. Major reconstruction needed.
Little cherubs!!!

BooBoo
Old Apr 25th 2003, 9:17 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
I'm quite new to all of this but its really nice to see such "friendliness". We are hoping to be out in Melbourne / frankston area in September, would love to hear from and meet up with people in the same situation. Keep me posted!
Thanks , Heather
Old Apr 25th 2003, 10:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Terry

Ok I get the hint. I therefore announce that I will be the official organiser of a get together in Melbourne

Hopefully one of many

"Watch this Space"

Sorry but my brainbox not up to scratch today. Childminding in the Easter Holidays has taken it,s toll. Symptons ..... nervous tick,
paranoia, jibberish talk, dribbling and general confusion. Takes a day or two to get over it.
Little cherubs!!!

BooBoo

Good on ya' Booboo

I knew I could count on you

Good luck with the therapy and hope to meet you o'er there !

Terry
Old Apr 26th 2003, 1:53 am
Michael Hoffman

Default Re: MELBOURNE - ARE WE ALONE?

booboo wrote in
news:[email protected]:

>
    > Hi Terry
    >
    > Ok I get the hint. I therefore announce that I will be the official
    > organiser of a get together in Melbourne
    >
    > Hopefully one of many

Drat. Still gonna be a while for us. Reserve a seat for us, willya? ACS
willing.........

Mike

Old Apr 26th 2003, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

Mandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really nice

Hi there

Cheers BooBoo
I'm hoping to go over there is Sept. It will just be me 38 a son 12 and daughter 13. I'm beginning to think now just how alone i will be and its pretty scarey. I'd really love being able to meet others in the same boat.
Keep us posted on any get togethers.
Mandy
Old Apr 26th 2003, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

shaun/lor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default where

where abouts around melbourne are you heading too, or have you not decided yet?
Old Apr 26th 2003, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

Mandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really niceMandyisere is just really nice

Where i'm going depends on where i will work. I have applied for a job with the North West Mental Health service (I'm a psychiatric nurse). And there are a few places that i might be offered a position, as far as i know there's Bundoora, Sunshine or Williamstown. Hopefully wherever it is will be somewhere nice or i'm going to have to look for a house in another suburb when i get there.
Mandy
Old Apr 26th 2003, 10:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

shaun/lor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default good

were in geelong about an hours drive to melbourne but we are in town quite a lot so when you get over here, if you fancy a drink prehaps we can sort that out,
good luck with it all shaun lor and olly
Old Apr 27th 2003, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

Default Thats great

Thanks a lot for that i'll look forward to meeting you all. but for now i have to make do with going to Asda in the rain

Mandy
Old Apr 27th 2003, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: Thats great

Originally posted by Mandyisere
Thanks a lot for that i'll look forward to meeting you all. but for now i have to make do with going to Asda in the rain

Mandy

Mandy

Thats what you get for not doing your shopping on Saturday , LOL

Regards

Terry
Old Apr 27th 2003, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

Hi Terry

Hopefully one of many

"Watch this Space"

Little cherubs!!!

BooBoo

Count me in. We'll be there in September hopefully. Probably be staying with my parents when we first get there, but will be looking for somewhere to rent for 6 months. Shouldn't be too difficult as my dad is a Real Estate Agent (one of the few genuine nice ones!!).

Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Old Apr 27th 2003, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

NJFOZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jaykay,

does your dad want some work? post his details of email them to me I'm looking for a good estate agent in Melbourne to help us with our move. Do you know if it is difficult getting furnished accomodation in Melbourne? Our plan is to rent for at least 6 months to help us decide which surburb suits us best.

Regards NJFOZ
Old Apr 27th 2003, 2:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by NJFOZ
Hi Jaykay,

does your dad want some work? post his details of email them to me I'm looking for a good estate agent in Melbourne to help us with our move. Do you know if it is difficult getting furnished accomodation in Melbourne? Our plan is to rent for at least 6 months to help us decide which surburb suits us best.

Regards NJFOZ
Hi ya NJFOZ

Here is my dad's email address.

[email protected].

He works for Stockdale and Leggo and they have offices all over Melbourne. He works in the Glen Waverley branch, but for anyone who's moving to Melbourne and would like some help with getting accommodation, either buying or renting, I'm sure he can pass your details onto the relevant branch of the area you are looking to move to.

He can also give you any information you may need on buying property in Melbourne.

As I said in my previous email, he really is a genuinely great guy (an ex Essex Lad!!) who has lived in Melbourne for over 30 years now, so has alot of local knowledge.

Regards

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.