Meds tomorrow

Old Aug 8th 2007, 8:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of light
Default Meds tomorrow

We have our meds tomorrow and I'll be very glad once they're over !!

Any pearls of wisdom of dos and don'ts from those who've been through them???

Karen xx
Old Aug 8th 2007, 8:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Meds tomorrow

Originally Posted by TheColebecks

Karen xx
Hi Karen
Where are you having them done? My kids and I had ours done yesterday in Manchester. I was dreading it BUT everyone there from the receptionist to the docs were fantastic. They put us all at ease straight away and really felt like they were fighting my corner. You will still worry cos i did despite being told lots of times nothing to worry about BUT in my experience they were great Good luck - Im sure you will all be fine
Mandy xx
ps oh yeah and Dr Million is THE best aim with a needle EVER!!!!! x
Old Aug 8th 2007, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

ozdreamer will become famous soon enoughozdreamer will become famous soon enough

Karen xx
Hi, the only thing I can say is 'don't worry' they are not as bad as you imagine them to be.
We had ours a couple of weeks ago, the kids got the basics - height, weight, chest x-ray, quick eye test, check of heart, lungs, glands.
OH and mine were a little more in-depth, same as the kids apart from we had to undress and I had a breast examination (not too bad as a really nice woman doctor). Not sure if hubby had anything else - when he came out he just said how easy he found it

The most painful part was paying the £650

Hope this helps
Amanda
Old Aug 8th 2007, 9:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

hunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the rough

Karen xx

Good luck with meds, had ours at bridge clinic maidenhead, don't know what i was worrying about.
Old Aug 8th 2007, 9:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

the pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nice

Had ours done at Chichester, very friendly, nothing to worry about, just some questions about the info on your form and a basic examination...the worst bit was having the blood test with my toddler trying to climb up the Doc's leg and then emptying out all the drawers in his filing cabinet etc before either of us could stop her
He was fine about it all though
Don't worry - by this time tomorrow you can think 'well, that's another thing ticked off the list!'
Good luck
Old Aug 8th 2007, 10:03 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Karen xx
Make sure you dont cry when the doctor smacks your bottom, its all part of the process

Seriously, it is the thought of the meds that is often far worse than the medicals themselves.

It really is nothing to worry about and the time whizzes by and before you know it, you are done and dusted.

You will be just fine.
Old Aug 8th 2007, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

dinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nicedinky2 is just really nice

Good luck! Sure you will be fine, I was absolutely dreading ours and they were over before I knew it. I would say drink plenty of water for the urine sample but we did that and I didn't stop weeing all day!!
Old Aug 9th 2007, 7:25 am
BE Enthusiast

TheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by hunt66
Good luck with meds, had ours at bridge clinic maidenhead, don't know what i was worrying about.
Thanks everyone for the reassurance

Hunt66 - we're having our at The Bridge Clinic too

Karen xx
Old Aug 9th 2007, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

struth is on a distinguished road

dont drink too much alcohol the night before if you do your urine sample may fail and you have to sit about for another hour or so drinking water till it clears
Old Aug 9th 2007, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by struth
dont drink too much alcohol the night before if you do your urine sample may fail and you have to sit about for another hour or so drinking water till it clears
Thankfully we did enough drinking over the last 2 weeks on our hols to last us a fair while so no alcohol in our water today !!!!

K x
Old Aug 9th 2007, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

Donna Doo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

We had ours done this week at a small surgery in Kingston upon Thames. The whole process for the four of us took about 3 hours and it was fairly bemusing in places - the doctor rubbed his fingers together next to my ears and asked if I could hear it!!! I had to laugh!

In all honesty though we were really worked up about it - I'm a bit (well, a lot) on the curvy side and so had been trying to lose a few pounds beforehand. Luckily this paid off cos the doctor said that they start getting twitchy if your BMI is 35 and over - mine was 34 - phew

What I would suggest though is that if you're taking medication as my OH is then get a report beforehand stating what the condition is, how it was diagnosed, the treatment so far and what the treatment is likely to be in the future. We have to get this done before the meds are sent off but luckily we are frontloading so it won't waste too much time. It could save you uneccessary delays if you bear it in mind though.
Old Aug 9th 2007, 12:11 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Karen,

You'll be fine!

D D
Old Aug 9th 2007, 9:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Two blips during our meds

Hubby had very high BP so has been referred to GP for 3 x readings.

I had blood in my urine, sample is now being sent for further investigation (more dosh!) - hopefully just a kidney infection or something, trying not to think beyond that

If anyone has had either of these problems, I'd like to know how you got on.

Karen x
Old Aug 9th 2007, 9:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

suesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of light

Two blips during our meds

Hubby had very high BP so has been referred to GP for 3 x readings.

I had blood in my urine, sample is now being sent for further investigation (more dosh!) - hopefully just a kidney infection or something, trying not to think beyond that

If anyone has had either of these problems, I'd like to know how you got on.

Karen x
Hi Karen

Snap i also got blood in my urine and had 3 more tests since all the bloomin same gotta go back to my own gp 2moro to find out what next step is as ive had a sample sent off and said no infection another sample on the way to lab (god im bloody stressed).

Good luck with the blood pressure and urine samples keep me informed

Suexx
Old Aug 10th 2007, 5:34 am
Forum Regular

scooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nicescooterdan is just really nice

Hey!

I had a high BP when i went for meds and 3 from my GP. I had to get a cardiologist report, at a cost 0f £700. After all the test he told me i have white coat syndrome..... so all clear.

Dan and Steph

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.