Wikiposts

Meds,Pc,s & Not validating on time?

Old Jun 18th 2004, 9:28 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Meds,Pc,s & Not validating on time?

Hi, Has anyone frontloaded thier Pc,s & Medicals & then not validated the visa in time? I know you have to re-do them but what happens?what does it involve?
Thanx,
Donna.
Old Jun 18th 2004, 10:12 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: Meds,Pc,s & Not validating on time?

Originally posted by madsad
Hi, Has anyone frontloaded thier Pc,s & Medicals & then not validated the visa in time? I know you have to re-do them but what happens?what does it involve?
Thanx,
Donna.

It actually says on your visa the time you have to validate it by. If you don't meet this deadline your visa is void, from what I can gather it is only possible under exceptional circumstances to get an extension.

Unless of course you mean to get your visa evidenced? If your meds and PCC's run out before then I think you just have to redo them and resubmit them so they are within the 12 months validity period.
Old Jun 18th 2004, 10:38 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mlbonner
It actually says on your visa the time you have to validate it by. If you don't meet this deadline your visa is void, from what I can gather it is only possible under exceptional circumstances to get an extension.

Unless of course you mean to get your visa evidenced? If your meds and PCC's run out before then I think you just have to redo them and resubmit them so they are within the 12 months validity period.
Hi Mlbonner,
We are frontloading pc,s& meds(next wk)(got pc).Visa application lodged on 13th April & ack"d,
What George was saying about visas being validated within 12mth period from meds,but for some with "minor health probs" this could be a 6mth period? Help!(We have a house to sell!!)
We are most likely to be a "B"rating on our meds.
So if we did fail to get to Oz within the time limit,wot does happen?Do we go through the whole visa process again or will it just be a matter of re-doing meds again?
Sorry our Agent will put us straight on Mon i hope"Its just one of those buging issues that always seem to occur at the weekend!
Thanx for your help,
Donna.
Old Jun 19th 2004, 12:15 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Hi Mlbonner,
We are frontloading pc,s& meds(next wk)(got pc).Visa application lodged on 13th April & ack"d,
What George was saying about visas being validated within 12mth period from meds,but for some with "minor health probs" this could be a 6mth period? Help!(We have a house to sell!!)
So if we did fail to get to Oz within the time limit,wot does happen?Do we go through the whole visa process again or will it just be a matter of re-doing meds again?
Sorry our Agent will put us straight on Mon i hope"Its just one of those buging issues that always seem to occur at the weekend!
Thanx for your help,
Donna.

I 'think' that if you've been given your visa you HAVE to validate it within that time, regardless really of how long you have to do it in (be it a month or 12months). If you fail to do this without prior consent from the DIMIA your visa is no longer valid. If a decision isn't made on your visa before your meds run out, I think this is when you get to do them again (is that what you meant??)

If you're afraid you're not going to have much time to validate in because of your 6 month cat B, I'm not sure if much can be done obviously your agent would know. People re-do their meds when their application takes longer than the validity of the meds/pcc, not because they're not going to have time to get into the country (I think)

I'm sure your agent will know much better than I do!

This may help?? http://www.australia.org.uk/vti/FORMS/visa_evidence.pdf

Last edited by mlbonner; Jun 19th 2004 at 12:25 am.
Old Jun 19th 2004, 7:36 am
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Hi Mlbonner,
Thanx for your help,
Donna.
There is a risk in doing the front loading. One of the option is to wait with the front loading may be for a month or so then send your papers. That's my personal opnion i strongly advice you to talk to your agent and follow his/her advice

Redoing the meds and pcc all can be expensive and lead to lots of tension..

Cheer
Badri
Old Jun 19th 2004, 8:22 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mlbonner,
Thanx for your help,
Donna.
Hi Donna

Be careful with police checks

IE: We had our checks done in advance because people on the forum seem to be waiting ages.

We had them done in Feb this year in anticipation of our med and police requests coming in March/ April which they did.

However, we have had our house sale fall thru. Our meds are valid till next April but the police checks are only valid till next Feb.

I rang the police and they will only give you a clearnace cert up to the date of your original cert running out. So if I applied now for clearance they would only give me another certificate until Feb next year. Does this make sense? And not another full 12 months, so it's not a roll on thing with police checks like it can be with meds.

So we have to be out in Oz by Feb next year before police checks run out.

I know this may not appear clear but it's the best I can do watching the football at the same time!!

Walla
Old Jun 19th 2004, 9:11 am

Originally posted by walla1
Hi Donna

Be careful with police checks

IE: We had our checks done in advance because people on the forum seem to be waiting ages.

We had them done in Feb this year in anticipation of our med and police requests coming in March/ April which they did.

However, we have had our house sale fall thru. Our meds are valid till next April but the police checks are only valid till next Feb.

I rang the police and they will only give you a clearnace cert up to the date of your original cert running out. So if I applied now for clearance they would only give me another certificate until Feb next year. Does this make sense? And not another full 12 months, so it's not a roll on thing with police checks like it can be with meds.

So we have to be out in Oz by Feb next year before police checks run out.

I know this may not appear clear but it's the best I can do watching the football at the same time!!

Walla
Thanx Walla,i get what you are saying!
Theres me thinking "great at least its only 20 quid to renew that part of it" Glad you told me! Is anything easy these days?!
Not to worry it will sort itself out,We want to leave as soon as poss but a little worried about house sale(never sold a house before)not the actuall selling,getting the buyer to move in asap.
We are in a good area & have already been told by several agents we will have no probs in selling it!
Get back to your football(personally i am ready for a major stropp if i see much more of it! Hubby is a season ticket holder so i put up with it all year round!)
Enjoy,
Thanx again,Donna.
Old Jun 19th 2004, 10:55 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Don't even *think* of not validating by the first entry date, if you are serious about keeping your PR visas.

And don't leave it too close to the deadline either, as sometimes last minute delays can prevent people from travelling.

Standard plan if you can't move on time, is to get on a plane (whole family) and take a holiday in Australia.

Why not wait until DIMIA ask you to do medicals and police checks? Have you got a prioritised application?

Jeremy

Hi Mlbonner,
Thanx for your help,
Donna.
Old Jun 19th 2004, 6:51 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Thanx Walla,i get what you are saying!
Theres me thinking "great at least its only 20 quid to renew that part of it" Glad you told me! Is anything easy these days?!
Not to worry it will sort itself out,We want to leave as soon as poss but a little worried about house sale(never sold a house before)not the actuall selling,getting the buyer to move in asap.
We are in a good area & have already been told by several agents we will have no probs in selling it!
Get back to your football(personally i am ready for a major stropp if i see much more of it! Hubby is a season ticket holder so i put up with it all year round!)
Enjoy,
Thanx again,Donna.
Hi Donna

Glad it was understandable!! Yeah my wife went out for the full day yesterday to avoid the football and she's a footie chick!! She has sensory overload thou and a bad head with the vino she consumed!!

And yes nothing is easy, good luck with the house sale

Season ticket?

Celtic or Rangers?

Walla
Old Jun 19th 2004, 7:40 pm

Hi Donna

Glad it was understandable!! Yeah my wife went out for the full day yesterday to avoid the football and she's a footie chick!! She has sensory overload thou and a bad head with the vino she consumed!!

And yes nothing is easy, good luck with the house sale

Season ticket?

Celtic or Rangers?

Walla
Rangers!
Donna.
Old Jun 19th 2004, 7:45 pm
Keeping it fairly real

Rangers!
Donna.
I'm Celtic!! (and Newcastle)

Tell hubby not to worry bout last season!!

But I'm sure we can still get on!!!

Will get that PM to you tomorrow

Walla
Old Jun 20th 2004, 5:36 am

I'm Celtic!! (and Newcastle)

Tell hubby not to worry bout last season!!

But I'm sure we can still get on!!!

Will get that PM to you tomorrow

Walla
And not just last season!! "ouch!
Doesnt interest me one, bit except the celebratory drinking afterwards;(should of said comiseratory drink eh?!!)
Thanks
Donna.
Old Jun 20th 2004, 6:34 am
Keeping it fairly real

And not just last season!! "ouch!
Doesnt interest me one, bit except the celebratory drinking afterwards;(should of said comiseratory drink eh?!!)
Thanks
Donna.
Didn't want to mention the previous years in case I tipped him over the edge!!

Walla