Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Meds - How long until they show up on the immi website?

Meds - How long until they show up on the immi website?

Old Oct 30th 2008, 7:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

loubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really nice
Default Re: Meds - How long until they show up on the immi website?

Originally Posted by jollyswagman
I am a bit worried, Dr sent meds on 17th Sept and 2 weeks ago on the status page 1 changed to finalised and the other 3 are still received. Judging by the timelines on here they seem to taking longer than usual to make their mind up about the other 3 of us!!
I hope something changes overnight as i will be worrying all weekend!
Hi Jollyswagman, we rang Sydney last night because ours still said received and were not finalised. We knew that the other 4 were finalised on the 20th October so like you were a little worried. Sydney told us that they were finished with them all and have been since Tuesday but couldn't tell us if they were ok we had to speak to the DIAC. We then phoned the DIAC to be told all were fine just waiting for CO to finalise everything. Got up at just gone 6 this morning to find we had visa granted email.

If I were you then I would give them a ring, its worth a call to attempt to put your mind at ease.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards Lou xx
Old Oct 30th 2008, 9:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

jollyswagman has a spectacular aura aboutjollyswagman has a spectacular aura aboutjollyswagman has a spectacular aura about

Hi Lou, r u still sober? I thought you would be drunk by now after your great news today!!
Your reply has put my mind at rest and as we do not have a case officer yet (if we get to find out if we have one as we have submitted everything) i guess we will just sit tight!
Do you know if everything is frontloaded and you go straight to grant do you not get the message about further processing commenced?
I realise as July applicants we will still be waiting for a few months yet but i am just curious?
Good luck with your new life in Oz and i hope you get away from this miserable weather sooner rather than later!!
Debbie x
Old Oct 30th 2008, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

jollyswagman has a spectacular aura aboutjollyswagman has a spectacular aura aboutjollyswagman has a spectacular aura about

Hi again, on reading your post again it seems that when anyone rings diac and they are close to the grant stage, they get visa day after enquiry!! Just a thought as i have noticed a few people have chased things up and got their grant next morning!!
Old Oct 30th 2008, 10:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

loubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really niceloubiegreen is just really nice

Originally Posted by jollyswagman
Hi again, on reading your post again it seems that when anyone rings diac and they are close to the grant stage, they get visa day after enquiry!! Just a thought as i have noticed a few people have chased things up and got their grant next morning!!
Yep does seem that way for at least a few of us anyway. Not sure if it goes straight to visa grant cos we knew we had a CO.

Good luck and heres to getting out of Yorkshire.

Lou xx
Old Oct 31st 2008, 2:23 am
Forum Regular

sram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nice
Smile Re: Meds - How long until they show up on the immi website?

Originally Posted by loubiegreen
Hi, we have had the same as you. It took 21 days for 4 meds to be finalised, then a further 8 days to clear the other 2 meds but the status page said finalised on the first 4 but the other 2 still said received. On the checklist page we still had some things saying requested, that was at 3 this morning but by 7 we had the Visa Grant email through.

So basically they never updated our status page before we got the grant email.

Hope this helps

Lou xx
Hi Lou, congratulations on your VISA .
Old Oct 31st 2008, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

springonion will become famous soon enoughspringonion will become famous soon enough

Hi all,

I'm still in the same position and need to call my CO but I can't find a number which will put me through to them.

Do I just ring the DIAC number from the website or does anyone have a number in Oz that seems to get you a better response?
Old Oct 31st 2008, 1:39 pm
Just Joined

markjuliej is an unknown quantity at this point

:curse:
Originally Posted by springonion
Hi all,

I'm still in the same position and need to call my CO but I can't find a number which will put me through to them.

Do I just ring the DIAC number from the website or does anyone have a number in Oz that seems to get you a better response?
Hi springonion
We are in the same position as you, our Co asked for our meds on 12/9/08, meds were sent on the 24/9/08 arrived at HOC 8/10/08, does it take 21 days from then, cos our still say required on our status page. I have emailed my Co with our receipt for meds and she has said there is a backlog at HOC and that not to worry, they will be processed in date order. Does any one know what date meds are: being processed at. We have applied for a 176 visa on the 7/6/08
Old Oct 31st 2008, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

Maz14 is a jewel in the roughMaz14 is a jewel in the roughMaz14 is a jewel in the roughMaz14 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by markjuliej
Hi springonion
We are in the same position as you, our Co asked for our meds on 12/9/08, meds were sent on the 24/9/08 arrived at HOC 8/10/08, does it take 21 days from then, cos our still say required on our status page. I have emailed my Co with our receipt for meds and she has said there is a backlog at HOC and that not to worry, they will be processed in date order. Does any one know what date meds are: being processed at. We have applied for a 176 visa on the 7/6/08
Hi. Our meds were sent on 24/9 too. They arrived on 7th Oct and were finalised on 27/10. We were granted our 475 visa on 28/10. I was originally told there was a 10 week delay on the medicals but ours were still processed within 21 days ??
For the official processing times, there's a thread called 'Health Operations Update'. It's updated fornightly with the dates the HOC are processing.
Hope that helps!
Old Oct 31st 2008, 5:10 pm
Just Joined

markjuliej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Maz14
Hi. Our meds were sent on 24/9 too. They arrived on 7th Oct and were finalised on 27/10. We were granted our 475 visa on 28/10. I was originally told there was a 10 week delay on the medicals but ours were still processed within 21 days ??
For the official processing times, there's a thread called 'Health Operations Update'. It's updated fornightly with the dates the HOC are processing.
Hope that helps!
Hi maz14, we are going on a 176 visa are these taking longer for medicals to be processed??, I have looked at HOC update but it does not say were they are upto regarding dates, I do not think it has been updated this week, I have also sent an email to Hoc to find out what date they are currently processing 176 medicals. my CO is only waiting on the medicals its so frustrating.:curse:
Old Oct 31st 2008, 6:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by springonion
Hi all,

Hi Springonion,

We just rang the number on the website, never actually spoke to our CO though but they were always really nice and pretty accurate with what they told us.

Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by markjuliej
Hi springonion
Our meds that were straightforward were done in 21 days they arrived in Sydney on the 28th September so your not that far behind us, so good luck hun but if you are really concerned then ring Sydney we did.

Hope this helps

Lou xx
Old Nov 1st 2008, 2:13 am
Just Joined

Heather and Terence is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, we are actually from South Africa (and still in SA!!) but have found this BE forum very informative.

Does anyone have the actual number to phone in Sydney for the medicals?

We are applying for a 176, (submitted 10 Jan 08 and got a CO 2 Oct), medicals were delivered on 17 Oct (according to the courier company) but still no update on our online status page. Would like to phone them and enquire.

Thanks!
Old Nov 1st 2008, 9:51 am
Holy c%*p, I'm in!!!

lilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nicelilsweets is just really nice

Originally Posted by Heather and Terence
Hi, we are actually from South Africa (and still in SA!!) but have found this BE forum very informative.

We are applying for a 176, (submitted 10 Jan 08 and got a CO 2 Oct), medicals were delivered on 17 Oct (according to the courier company) but still no update on our online status page. Would like to phone them and enquire.

Thanks!
Hi Heather and Terence,

I'm afraid I can't help you with the phone number but waiting this long for the medicals to show on the online status page is normal. It is taking approx 21 days for them to show up so you have a bit to wait yet.

There is an online enquiry you can send to HOC in Sydney through the DIAC website but from what I have read on here, they can't tell you whether they have received them until they are registered on their computer system which can take a while also. If the courier said they arrived in Sydney then I would try not to worry.

Hope this helps....and Welcome to BE!
Old Nov 1st 2008, 4:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Heather and Terence

Thanks!
Hi Heather and Terence

It appears to take around 21 days from delivery to finalising as long as all is straightforward hun, so you have a few days to wait yet, just hang on in there it will all be worth it in the end.

Kind regards and good luck

Lou xx
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 4:49 am
Forum Regular

chasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the rough

Could someone please do a typical timeline of what happens from - posting the meds, to getting your Visa allocated? In particular I don't quite follow what I should be looking for on our document checklist and at what point.
The assumption would be that you have a CO assigned and that getting your meds done is the last thing required for your visa.
Realise that nothing is "typical" in this world of Visa applications we've all entered , but knowing this might make it clearer for a number of posters (myself included) on this thread.
Thanks!
Old Nov 5th 2008, 6:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

GillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of lightGillyG is a glorious beacon of light

How long have people had to wait for their visas to be granted from when online status page is changed to "medicals finalised" and all other documents have also been sent to the CO?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.