Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Meds - How long until they show up on the immi website?

Meds - How long until they show up on the immi website?

Old Sep 26th 2008, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

springonion will become famous soon enoughspringonion will become famous soon enough
Question Meds - How long until they show up on the immi website?

Hi,

I've had my meds and xrays and these were sent off by the doctor over a week ago. I've got the confirmation slip from the courier that they were received at the LCU in Sydney. So Sydney LCU have had them about a week now.

I've been going online to check my status and it still says I need to supply the meds. I uploaded my PCC certificates a week ago and that has now disappeared from the list of required information.

Does anyone know how long it takes for the meds to be "signed off" and the website updated to show everything is ok? The suspense is killing me.

Thanks everyone

Nick
Old Sep 26th 2008, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

CYGNET will become famous soon enoughCYGNET will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Meds - How long until they show up on the immi website?

Originally Posted by springonion
Hi,

I've had my meds and xrays and these were sent off by the doctor over a week ago. I've got the confirmation slip from the courier that they were received at the LCU in Sydney. So Sydney LCU have had them about a week now.

I've been going online to check my status and it still says I need to supply the meds. I uploaded my PCC certificates a week ago and that has now disappeared from the list of required information.

Does anyone know how long it takes for the meds to be "signed off" and the website updated to show everything is ok? The suspense is killing me.

Thanks everyone

Nick
We did our Meds on the 10th Sept, not sure if they have arrived in Sydney yet. Our Panel Doctor said they would be sent by Royal Mail, so we won't be able to track them. I asked this question before on this forum & looks like it is an average of 2 weeks. We got a Case Officer on the 17th Sept, & they have emailed & requested our meds, so I'm constantly checking our online status to see if they are showing as received. No Luck yet !!
Old Sep 26th 2008, 1:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Nick -

Do you have a CO? - I see that you do have CO

I wish I knew the answer to the MEDS question. Our MEDS have been with the HOC in Sydney since 10 September and STILL NO CHANGE. I phoned on 24 September and was told the MEDS had not been processed. I'm really anxious to see these clear too!

I am expecting the page to change from "outstanding" to "received" but that might be a mistake. What does it look like when the MEDS are "done"?
Old Sep 26th 2008, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

springonion will become famous soon enoughspringonion will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by tiger222
Nick -

Do you have a CO? - I see that you do have CO

I wish I knew the answer to the MEDS question. Our MEDS have been with the HOC in Sydney since 10 September and STILL NO CHANGE. I phoned on 24 September and was told the MEDS had not been processed. I'm really anxious to see these clear too!

I am expecting the page to change from "outstanding" to "received" but that might be a mistake. What does it look like when the MEDS are "done"?
Hi Tiger222,

Yes I've got a CO and they were the ones who then requested my meds and PCC's as I didn't want to frontload them due to the time processing was taking. This then gives me the maximum time once my visa does get approved.

I scanned my PCC certificates in and loaded them up and within almost a day that part was then removed from the page and just left the meds. I've also uploaded the courier tracking information to show it was delivered hoping that might help speed it up but it doesn't seem to have.

I think from what else I've read, that it may stay like this and then suddenly your visa is given to you out of the blue. Having looked through other postings I can find, it seems to be approximately 2 weeks before things start happening.

It would be good if it just went to received so I could then relax and not worry about the meds having not made it to the right person.

Good luck with yours and let me know if you get any movement on yours.

cheers

Nick

Last edited by springonion; Sep 26th 2008 at 1:23 pm.
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Good luck with yours and let me know if you get any movement on yours.

cheers

Nick
Nick -

Just wanted to let you know that my MEDS were finally FINALIZED on 01/10. So it took 21 days from time of arrival in Sydney.

Any news on your situation?

I read on the JUNE thread this am that a reply from HOC told them they are currently processing MEDS received 16 September - so soon for you, I'd imagine.
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

Nick -

Just wanted to let you know that my MEDS were finally FINALIZED on 01/10. So it took 21 days from time of arrival in Sydney.

Any news on your situation?

I read on the JUNE thread this am that a reply from HOC told them they are currently processing MEDS received 16 September - so soon for you, I'd imagine.
Hi,

CONGRATULATIONS on your meds being processed. Does this mean you've got your visa now?

I've just been on and checked and no change yet. Its been about 14 days now so fingers crossed. Great news that they are on 16 september .... means I can only be a matter of days away.

I'm not so worried about the time they take to process them, its more that I don't feel completely relaxed until I know they are properly in the system. I'm probabley worrying too much but its like the very last part and then I've reached the finish line ..... can't wait!
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

Maz14 is a jewel in the roughMaz14 is a jewel in the roughMaz14 is a jewel in the roughMaz14 is a jewel in the rough

Hi,

CONGRATULATIONS on your meds being processed. Does this mean you've got your visa now?

I've just been on and checked and no change yet. Its been about 14 days now so fingers crossed. Great news that they are on 16 september .... means I can only be a matter of days away.

I'm not so worried about the time they take to process them, its more that I don't feel completely relaxed until I know they are properly in the system. I'm probabley worrying too much but its like the very last part and then I've reached the finish line ..... can't wait!
Hiya! i'm also waiting for my meds to be processed. I have a CO and they requested meds. I had them done on 12th Sept. They were sent to Sydney on 24th Sept but haven't heard anything since. Last week i looked at threads and it said they were processing 8th Sept meds so they seem to be moving pretty quickly. Hopefully we'll hear in a couple of weeks max. Getting really frustrated as i applied for my 475 visa on 25th November 2007. Do not want to be in England for another cold winter!!!
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 12:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi,

No VISA. My DH's MEDS are still sitting in the PILE! His were delivered 24 September - so a week or more before they are processed. We don't have a CO.

I know the uncertainty. It's difficult - especially since I was thinking it could be as quick as 3 days (another person's experience).

Please let me know when yours are processed - could be next week
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Maz14
Hiya! i'm also waiting for my meds to be processed. I have a CO and they requested meds. I had them done on 12th Sept. They were sent to Sydney on 24th Sept but haven't heard anything since. Last week i looked at threads and it said they were processing 8th Sept meds so they seem to be moving pretty quickly. Hopefully we'll hear in a couple of weeks max. Getting really frustrated as i applied for my 475 visa on 25th November 2007. Do not want to be in England for another cold winter!!!
CONGRATS on the CO!!! Did you send the CO the information about the MEDS? Tracking number and courier?

Why not make plans while you're waiting - won't be long now!!
Old Oct 4th 2008, 2:00 pm
Reg Migration Agent

chelov62 is just really nicechelov62 is just really nicechelov62 is just really nicechelov62 is just really nicechelov62 is just really nicechelov62 is just really nicechelov62 is just really nicechelov62 is just really nice

Below is the Health Operations Centre weekly update for the week beginning Monday 29 September 2008.

We are currently processing medicals completed OFF-SHORE:

1. Urgent cases (457 visas) not requiring MOC's assessment received on 24th September 2008.

2. Temporary cases not requiring MOC's assessment received on 12th September 2008.

3. Permanent cases not requiring MOC's assessment received on 10th September 2008.

4. Urgent cases (e-visas, adoptions, 457 visas) requiring assessment by a Medical Officer received on 26th September 2008.

5. Other cases requiring medical assessment by a Medical Officer received on 17th September 2008.

The case officer processing your visa application should be your first point of contact regarding any inquiry in relation to the application, including your health assessment results.

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Cheryl
Old Oct 4th 2008, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by chelov62
Below is the Health Operations Centre weekly update for the week beginning Monday 29 September 2008.

We are currently processing medicals completed OFF-SHORE:

1. Urgent cases (457 visas) not requiring MOC's assessment received on 24th September 2008.

2. Temporary cases not requiring MOC's assessment received on 12th September 2008.

3. Permanent cases not requiring MOC's assessment received on 10th September 2008.

4. Urgent cases (e-visas, adoptions, 457 visas) requiring assessment by a Medical Officer received on 26th September 2008.

5. Other cases requiring medical assessment by a Medical Officer received on 17th September 2008.

The case officer processing your visa application should be your first point of contact regarding any inquiry in relation to the application, including your health assessment results.

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Cheryl
Interesting - I didn't know the HOC sent out these emails!
Old Oct 4th 2008, 11:08 pm
Reg Migration Agent

chelov62 is just really nicechelov62 is just really nicechelov62 is just really nicechelov62 is just really nicechelov62 is just really nicechelov62 is just really nicechelov62 is just really nicechelov62 is just really nice

Interesting - I didn't know the HOC sent out these emails!
They are sent to registered migration agents
Old Oct 5th 2008, 12:32 am
BE Forum Addict

They are sent to registered migration agents
Cheryl -

Would you be willing to post NEXT WEEKS HOC email? There are several of us wondering the status of our MEDS!!
Old Oct 5th 2008, 12:51 am
Reg Migration Agent

Cheryl -

Would you be willing to post NEXT WEEKS HOC email? There are several of us wondering the status of our MEDS!!
Hi

We get them sent every 2 weeks (sometimes 3) but i am happy to post them when i receive it.

I will start a new thread if thats okay with everyone?

kind regards

Cheryl
Old Oct 5th 2008, 5:49 am
Forum Regular

sram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nicesram466 is just really nice
Smile Re: Meds - How long until they show up on the immi website?

Hi

We get them sent every 2 weeks (sometimes 3) but i am happy to post them when i receive it.

I will start a new thread if thats okay with everyone?

kind regards

Cheryl
Hi Cheryl,

That's a great idea bet everyone including me will be very appreciative of your kind effort. Let us know once the new thread is up.

Regards,
sram
from singapore.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.