meds expiry

Old Apr 8th 2009, 6:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all
Default meds expiry

this is the scenario

we did our meds in jan 09

say we dont get our visa until sep 09

does that mean we only have 3 months before we have to validate?

if so, is there any way we can extend the time before we have to validate? can we send in new meds before we get grant, for e.g.?

just wondering....
Old Apr 8th 2009, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

LouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really niceLouB is just really nice
Default Re: meds expiry

I might be wrong but I was under the impression that we had 12 months to validate from the visa grant date and that if your meds and police checks were running out of time you had to resubmit them.
You will need to update them if they expire and need to validate within the 12 month deadline.
Hope that is clear. You know from talking to me earlier that I am not really to be trusted on visa advice!
Lou
Old Apr 8th 2009, 6:13 pm
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Nope, you've got it just about right LouB - that's the chance you take for front-loading meds.

With visa grants taking longer & longer, it really is wiser for new applicants at the moment to wait for the CO to request that you do the meds. They are expensive & you will be asked to repeat them if they expire.

Fingers crossed for a swift decision & you'd better start saving for that validation trip
Old Apr 8th 2009, 6:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

cookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to all

I would question whether you would be able to have your meds validity extended by DIAC since they were requested by them before your visa application was put on hold. It's not like you front-loaded them unrequested.
Old Apr 8th 2009, 6:48 pm
His Excellency

fifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud offifty_pence has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by cookiestar
I would question whether you would be able to have your meds validity extended by DIAC since they were requested by them before your visa application was put on hold. It's not like you front-loaded them unrequested.
Absoleutly ... How can they expect you to pay again for no reason other then their own regulations ?
Old Apr 8th 2009, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

slackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fifty_pence
Absoleutly ... How can they expect you to pay again for no reason other then their own regulations ?
Does anyone have a DIAC link that details the 12 month Meds/PCC rule. I have fully accepted it and planned around it but I have never been able to find where it is officially stated. Anyone got any ideas?
Old Apr 9th 2009, 1:53 am
Forum Regular

bahaa.mourad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by slackbloke
Does anyone have a DIAC link that details the 12 month Meds/PCC rule. I have fully accepted it and planned around it but I have never been able to find where it is officially stated. Anyone got any ideas?
I have had my meds in march 2008 and pcc june 2008
visa granted march 2009 , have to validate by sept 2009
got extension and same happened to others to get an extension so no wo worries.
best regards
Old Apr 9th 2009, 4:46 am
Forum Regular

nikki75 will become famous soon enoughnikki75 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by bahaa.mourad
best regards
Hi,
don't want to sound pessimistic, but I just got my visa, and was given only 8 weeks to validate - due to meds and pcc expiring at that point...
Old Apr 9th 2009, 5:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all

Originally Posted by cookiestar
LOL like that idea!!! haha..... whether it'll stick with them is another story!!
they've changed everything else as they wished... so nothing will shock me if they say no!
Old Apr 9th 2009, 5:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

best regards
ahh.. so you get 6 months... ok that's good to know thanks
Old Apr 9th 2009, 5:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

cookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ice mocha
LOL like that idea!!! haha..... whether it'll stick with them is another story!!
they've changed everything else as they wished... so nothing will shock me if they say no!
It's well worth a try though. Good luck with it all. You're doing a good job of keeping positive about it all.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 5:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by nikki75
Hi,
don't want to sound pessimistic, but I just got my visa, and was given only 8 weeks to validate - due to meds and pcc expiring at that point...

this is what i fear!!!!!
Old Apr 9th 2009, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

FionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really niceFionaandAndrew is just really nice

Originally Posted by ice mocha

this is what i fear!!!!!
I would write to your CO, I agree that considering they asked you to do the meds they should give you some time. They obviously did not know what they were doing, have cocked up and it's definitely not your fault!!
Old Apr 10th 2009, 1:49 am
Forum Regular

bahaa.mourad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nikki75
Hi,
Then i guess it MAY happen to get an extension and MAY NOT !!

Anyway i was ready to REDO meds and pcc at anytime if requested. but thx god there was no request.
Good luck all
Old Apr 10th 2009, 7:14 am
Just Joined

tonyree is an unknown quantity at this point

Then i guess it MAY happen to get an extension and MAY NOT !!

Anyway i was ready to REDO meds and pcc at anytime if requested. but thx god there was no request.
Good luck all
This is my exprience, i had my medicals and police clearance of one country in february 2008 (had lived in two countries in the past ten years). This was before i knew how long it takes to have the visa processed, when i realized the length of the time frame i did not do the police clearance for the second country hoping that when the case officer came he would request the outstanding police report and then i would redo everything giving myself more time to validate.

i was then allocated a case officer in march this year, that is after the medicals and police clearance had expired and was prepared to do it all over again. All he requested was the second police clearance and when i submited it, i was granted the visa and was given six months to validate.This is a 176 visa.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.