meds on a 457

Old Jun 18th 2010, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

welshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nice
Default meds on a 457

OH as been offered a job on 457 visa, it's been lodged just waiting for a CO.
Our concern is I'm going as his de facto, and I've already undergone 2 operations on both shoulders. Left shoulder causing problems again, I'm in the process of sorting this out, possible another op before end of year. (here in UK) Minor problem, possible tear to tendon.
Agent knows about problems and has informed us, that I may need to have meds done.
Does anyone know or been in this situation, if I'm likely to be refused.

Thanks for taking time to read this and appeciate replys
Old Jun 19th 2010, 8:29 pm
YES!! Sold sign!!!!!

rahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of lightrahrah is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: meds on a 457

Originally Posted by welshdragon2010
Our concern is I'm going as his de facto, and I've already undergone 2 operations on both shoulders. Left shoulder causing problems again, I'm in the process of sorting this out, possible another op before end of year. (here in UK) Minor problem, possible tear to tendon.
Agent knows about problems and has informed us, that I may need to have meds done.

I was suprised at how basic the meds for our 175 was - I got myself in a real stew! with hubbie having chronic but 'managed' condition - worried that this could scupper our Visa plans as had been told that anything that was likely to cause financial drain on health system in Oz could be a problem!

Anyway, went to GP, paid for a letter to confirm that his condition had been monitored and stabilised for many years and made all the family 'healthy eat for weeks' and went for meds with trepidation! The doc gave us a very brief physical exam, was not interested in seeing GP letter and did not seem at all phased about hubbies med history - focus seemed to be on diabetes, HIV, TB etc - Phew - all that stress for nothing!
This link might assist - its used as guidance for Panel Docs http://www.immi.gov.au/gateways/pane...structions.pdf
Good Luck
Old Jun 19th 2010, 11:25 pm
Forum Regular

welshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nicewelshdragon2010 is just really nice

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, and the link was useful.
Lets hope if i need to go for meds all will be OK
Old Jun 20th 2010, 1:44 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Our meds for our 457 was a chest x-ray only and on checking with immigration that was all they require for a 457.
Old Jun 20th 2010, 2:58 am
BE Enthusiast

wilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of lightwilson01 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by welshdragon2010

I believe that 457 holders are responsible for their own health care and not entitled to any medicare (or whatever it's called) therefore, in the event that you may need surgery over in Oz you would not be a "financial drain" as you would already have some sort of medical insurance to cover yourselves. I'm 99% certain that 457 visa holders have to have medical insurance in place before their visa is granted. Two of my friends have just been through the process which is why im almost certain. So to answer your question - I don't think you will be refused as it won't make any difference to DIAC if you are fully covered
Old Jun 21st 2010, 5:03 am
Forum Regular

thanks for the replys
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 1:55 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wilson01
I believe that 457 holders are responsible for their own health care and not entitled to any medicare (or whatever it's called) therefore, in the event that you may need surgery over in Oz you would not be a "financial drain" as you would already have some sort of medical insurance to cover yourselves. I'm 99% certain that 457 visa holders have to have medical insurance in place before their visa is granted. Two of my friends have just been through the process which is why im almost certain. So to answer your question - I don't think you will be refused as it won't make any difference to DIAC if you are fully covered
There is a duty under the visa for the sponering employer to provide health cover
Old Jun 24th 2010, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Everyone for the info......made me fell less stressed bout getting the visa.
At 4.30am felt even better when read email off agent to say OH visa was approved and so was mine with no meds.

just need to stress bout everything else now
Old Jul 7th 2010, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

The Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of light

Congratulations.
Which bit of South Wales are you from? We are from Pontypool
Good luck with the move.
Sue
Old Jul 7th 2010, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

Hi

from the other Ponty.....Pontypridd, OH is from Cwmbran tho

And my auntie lives in Australind.
Old Jul 7th 2010, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

The Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of light

Hello, we were both from Cwmbran originally!!
So where are you both headed to in Australia? If you are coming this way you better pack a cardie!! Bloody freezin!!
Old Jul 7th 2010, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

O/H heading to Melbourne on Sunday nite its a bit colder over there then with you