Wikiposts

Medicare and 101 Visa

Old Jun 7th 2011, 9:09 pm
Just Joined

Deon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medicare and 101 Visa

Hello everyone

My Wife , 2 yr old daughter and myself have got our 175 visa's.
We acitvated these last year July and plan to move over to Aus next year Sept '12.

My son was born in Jan this year and we are just about to submit the Dependant Child Visa 101 so he can come along with us !

My understanding is that the 3 of us who are on 175's are entitiled to Medicare when we get there as we are permanent residents, but would my son be entitled to this as well since he has a diff class visa ?

Sorry if this has been asked before

Cheers
Deon
Old Jun 7th 2011, 9:47 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicare and 101 Visa

No, your son will also be PR and therefore entitled to Medicare in the same way you are.
Old Jun 7th 2011, 9:49 pm
Just Joined

Deon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medicare and 101 Visa

Great - thanks for that !
i thought he would somehow have a diff status to us.

Cheers
Deon