British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Medicals sent to UK instead of Sydney ... arrgghhhhh (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/medicals-sent-uk-instead-sydney-arrgghhhhh-627335/)

scrudu Aug 24th 2009 10:52 pm

Medicals sent to UK instead of Sydney ... arrgghhhhh

So the OH and I did both of our medicals a few weeks back (VE 175 App) and the Panel Doctor posted the two sets of results on 14/08. From online tracking references I now see that one has been delivered to a GPO Box Sydney Address (presume this is HOC), and the 2nd has been delivered to a UK Address (can't see full address).

I haven't got a hold of the GP yet, but I'm guessing that they've sent one set of results to Australia House. At this stage despite being bloody fuming, I'm hoping it's to Australia house, and am sincerely hoping they haven't been sent to some other random UK Address!!!

Anyway, I know that 175 Medicals are supposed to be processed at the HOC Sydney. My question is if the Panel Doctor sent the results to Australia House, what happens? Will they be forwarded on or checked? Will we have to do the Medicals again? I am spewing as everything else in our app has been finalised, and we had really hoped to get our visas in the next month or so.

Dorothy Aug 25th 2009 2:28 am

Re: Medicals sent to UK instead of Sydney ... arrgghhhhh

Originally Posted by scrudu (Post 7872137)
So the OH and I did both of our medicals a few weeks back (VE 175 App) and the Panel Doctor posted the two sets of results on 14/08. From online tracking references I now see that one has been delivered to a GPO Box Sydney Address (presume this is HOC), and the 2nd has been delivered to a UK Address (can't see full address).

I haven't got a hold of the GP yet, but I'm guessing that they've sent one set of results to Australia House. At this stage despite being bloody fuming, I'm hoping it's to Australia house, and am sincerely hoping they haven't been sent to some other random UK Address!!!

Anyway, I know that 175 Medicals are supposed to be processed at the HOC Sydney. My question is if the Panel Doctor sent the results to Australia House, what happens? Will they be forwarded on or checked? Will we have to do the Medicals again? I am spewing as everything else in our app has been finalised, and we had really hoped to get our visas in the next month or so.

Fret not. Ours got sent to Canadian Immigration in Ottawa instead of Sydney. They were forwarded on to HOC and passed with no probs.

scrudu Aug 25th 2009 12:08 pm

Thanks Dorothy! Seems you were right ... again .. :)

Doctor still hasn't returned my calls, and apparently neither Irish Post nor British Mail keep records of where they deliver Registered Letters to. Kinda worrying eh?!! I thought that was part of the Registered Post Service!

Anyway, thank God for the organisation and tracking employed by the Australian Embassy. The London Office was able to confirm receipt of the Registered Letter last week and that they have forwarded the results on to the HOC Sydney by Diplomatic Post. Apparently that'll be slow to get there, but it will eventually.

Still quite annoyed with the Panel Doctor (Donnybrook Medical Centre) and the delays this will cause to our App, but relieved to hear they haven't ended up at some random address!

scrudu Sep 7th 2009 11:24 am

So apparently the London Embassy sent our Medicals on to the HOC Sydney on 21/09/09. I just received confirmation today (07/09/09) from the HOC Sydney that they have NOT yet received the Results. I called the London Embassy again who said that the Diplomatic Post normally takes 7-9 days to be delivered so they would expect them to have arrived by now. They said they have no way of tracking the mail so they cannot check where the mail is at this point. They said to follow up with the HOC Sydney and ask them to track, but what can you track if you haven't yet received a letter?

I am getting very worried at this stage. It's now 17 days since the mail left the London office. I don't know how long we should leave it before the OH has to repeat his Medicals. Any advice or anyone have a similar issue?

We are flying into Oz in 4 weeks time. We currently have tourist visas but had expected to have our 175's sorted by this stage so that we could enter on these. From the sounds of it we won't :(

suziegaz Sep 7th 2009 6:27 pm

wishing you luck that your meds get to the right place in time for your visa to be sorted before you travel, it would be much better, as you could then validate !!!

good luck
suzie
x

scrudu Sep 7th 2009 7:14 pm

Thanks a lot for the wishes Suzie! Fingers crossed they turn up and everything goes to plan.