Medicals posted what next

Old Jul 13th 2003, 6:08 pm
Just Joined

si_free is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medicals posted what next

Does anybody know what the final step is after medicals - ours are now in the post to Adelaide .
We have an assurance of support in Oz that will have to do somthing, but we are not sure excatly what? Is it simply opening a bank account?

Any idea of how long processing takes after passing the medicals?

Cheers for your help...

Si
Old Jul 14th 2003, 2:12 am
Just Joined

Gihan is an unknown quantity at this point

What is your visa class? If 139 or 138, your assurer will be asked to lodge the bond and he will receive a mail describing all what he needs to do. You will get a copy of it.
Old Jul 14th 2003, 6:50 am
Just Joined

Class 138 - skilled oz sponsored

The problem we have is that our assurer of support has since been offered a 2 year contract in Hong Kong. (2 years working in HK will pay off her mortgage) At the time of lodging our application there was no thought of this on the assurers part, but a lot can change during the time it takes to apply.... Our assurer has however offered us her house for this 2 year period, so she would still be offering support.

Does the assurer have to physically be present during this final stage or can everything be done by post? If it is by post then we should be able to arrange everything, if it is in person our application might fail at this late stage. We might be able to fly her back from HK for a couple of days....

Medicals were posted early July but our assurer will be off early August.

We are now getting very worried. To come so far and fail at the last hurdle
Old Jul 14th 2003, 7:48 am
Just Joined

Hope you would receive the bond request before your assurer leaves. So she could pay the bond for you. That would be enough for you to get the visa. But I don’t know how this assurance of support requirement applies afterwards.
Old Jul 14th 2003, 11:53 am
Just Joined

Default Paying the bond

We are praying to recieve it before she leaves but judging by the usual wait from Adelaide it is very doubtful. Does anybody know if the bond can be set up by completing forms and transfering the monies, because then it will be no problem. But if the bond can only be set up after notification from Adelaide and it must be done by the assurer, in person, then we are in big trouble.
That is when we will have to look at flying her back for a few days or has anybody ever heard of an assurer being changed. Maybe we would have to re apply if the assurer was changed - but then we would be low on points because I have turned 35 since applying.

I do not think there will be an issue once (if) we get the PR visa as we will be self supporting. Plus we do have other family in Perth if need be.

18 months of collecting documents and waiting, I hope that this last problem does not stop us.

Thanks
Old Jul 14th 2003, 12:03 pm
Just Joined

I have changed my assurer by giving a new assurance of support, but because my case officer asked to do so.

As far as I know, bond can be paid only after DIMA asked to do so. Assurer has to take the letter sent by DIMA to Commonwealth Bank to do it in person.
Old Jul 14th 2003, 12:56 pm
Just Joined

Cheers, how long did it take between having medicals and your assurer being asked to set up the bond?
Old Jul 14th 2003, 12:59 pm
Just Joined

Sorry maybe that was a stupid question .... if they asked for a new assurer then yours would have been a longer process I guess? It would still be interestig to know how long before they asked you for a new assurer. That might give an indication of how quicly Adelaide looks again at your file.