Medicals and Police Checks

Old Oct 2nd 2008, 6:35 am
sorry..I don't understand

funkydelia is a jewel in the roughfunkydelia is a jewel in the roughfunkydelia is a jewel in the roughfunkydelia is a jewel in the rough
Default Medicals and Police Checks

I know I'm being a bit dim and I've searched the threads (probably not very well!) but can someone clarify how to go about getting medicals and police checks.

I am assuming I just phone up and book an appointment at whichever place and then go on the day taking the necessary documentation? (Forms from CO, passports) etc.

I checked the wiki thing but it just talked about medicals while pregnant. Is there anywhere I can find an idiots guide to medicals? Like what to take and what to expect?

Can you tell I'm a bit worried about this?!
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals and Police Checks

Originally Posted by funkydelia
I know I'm being a bit dim and I've searched the threads (probably not very well!) but can someone clarify how to go about getting medicals and police checks.

I am assuming I just phone up and book an appointment at whichever place and then go on the day taking the necessary documentation? (Forms from CO, passports) etc.

I checked the wiki thing but it just talked about medicals while pregnant. Is there anywhere I can find an idiots guide to medicals? Like what to take and what to expect?

Can you tell I'm a bit worried about this?!
Hiya! To get your medicals you need to contact one of the approved doctors here is a list of them http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/over...-doctors.htm#d ring round a few as prices vary quite a lot!

To get your police record just google your local police constabulary and go on their website it should have a section where it says Data Subject Access Request or possibly something about police records for immigration.

The great thing is everyone knows what you're on about! When I rang one of the medical centres I was like "Erm I need a medical for an Australian Visa, Can you help me?" They knew exactly what I wanted told me what I had to do, ran through costs, even asked if I had a Case Officer allocated!

If you applied online you need to download the medical forms in your document checklist. Best be sharpish about it because your police checks can take up to 40 days!

Best of luck!
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 8:11 am
BE Enthusiast

slipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of light

I was looking into this and found that the UK has introduced a new system for visa police checks. It's more expensive that the old system but quicker. Details here

http://www.acpo.police.uk/certificates.asp
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 1:02 pm
sorry..I don't understand

funkydelia is a jewel in the roughfunkydelia is a jewel in the roughfunkydelia is a jewel in the roughfunkydelia is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by andyphilpott
I was looking into this and found that the UK has introduced a new system for visa police checks. It's more expensive that the old system but quicker. Details here

http://www.acpo.police.uk/certificates.asp
Thanks andy but I don't think this applies to me as I'm in Scotland!