Medicals in Oxford

Old May 17th 2007, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

ozdreamer will become famous soon enoughozdreamer will become famous soon enough
Default Medicals in Oxford

Hi

Has anyone used the Oxford Executive Health Centre for their medicals?
When I contacted them today they gave me a price of £260 per adult inclusive of medical exam, blood tests and Xray. For children they quoted £100 - does this seem reasonable?
The lead time for getting an appointment is approx 1 week which seems really good after reading some of the other replies on waiting times.

Thanks in advance for any replies
Old May 17th 2007, 8:37 pm
Oxford - SEQ August 07

Urno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really nice
Default Re: Medicals in Oxford

Originally Posted by ozdreamer
Hi

Has anyone used the Oxford Executive Health Centre for their medicals?
When I contacted them today they gave me a price of £260 per adult inclusive of medical exam, blood tests and Xray. For children they quoted £100 - does this seem reasonable?
The lead time for getting an appointment is approx 1 week which seems really good after reading some of the other replies on waiting times.

Thanks in advance for any replies
Hmm, from memory (hazy) ours were:

- 60 per x-ray (done at the JR)
- 300 for 2 adults & 2 kids
- 45 for the courier to Oz

We used the Donnington HC, on Iffley Rd.

Does sound a bit pricey, your quote. We didn't have a long wait for our booking either.
Old May 17th 2007, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

ozdreamer will become famous soon enoughozdreamer will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the reply Urno, your prices look better, think I'll give Donnington a call tomorrow.
Don't really mind paying the courier fee, at least we'll know if they arrive OK. Was a bit worried that some doctors only use the 'normal' post.
Old May 18th 2007, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

struth is on a distinguished road

just as a comparison i have just paid, £150 each for x-rays, and £110 + £30 each for meds, oh and £6 for special delivery, Glasgow though
Old May 18th 2007, 7:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Flutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud ofFlutterby has much to be proud of

We used Donnington Health Centre in March, very good and very helpful. Also it seems not as expensive as the Oxford Executive Health Centre!

Think it was £130 per adult for the meds and blood test and £60 for X-rays in advance at the JR. We also paid £45 to have it couriered.

We didn't have to wait long for an appointment either. Would definitely recommend them.

Last edited by Flutterby; May 18th 2007 at 7:50 am.
Old May 18th 2007, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

badger78 is an unknown quantity at this point

I first looked at the executive centre in oxford as I live in Bicester. I decided to use the Bridge Clinic in Maidenhead as they only charge £175 per adult including x-rays (you're not paying almost £100 in fuel to drive there...)
Hope that helps!
Old May 18th 2007, 11:10 am
Pasta Fari

Karl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud ofKarl & Ann has much to be proud of

We paid £790 at Handsworth, Birmingham, which included VAT and courier.

This was effectively for 4 adults - our daughters are aged 17 and nearly 15, so we all had blood tests and X-Rays. Basic medical cost was £100 per adult, but £50 for the 14 year old.

Karl
Old May 18th 2007, 9:13 pm
Just Joined

King Family is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Yes we did contact them and thought that the costs seemed a bit steep so contacted Donnington Health Centre. They quoted £50.00 per child (we have two) and £135.00 per adult but we had to have the X-Rays done separately (which we have had) at Radcliffe Hospital at £65.00 each (adults only).

As we are a family of four Donnington can't see us till 16th June as they want to do a block booking so hanging on till then!