medicals for non migrating child

Old Oct 24th 2007, 11:28 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: medicals for non migrating child

Originally Posted by Tracemul7
sorry JAJ, but we were told the same thing by passport office. It has to be the parent that the child lives with who applies for and signs passport form.
Otherwise, we would have already got a passport for OH's son, B.
We have a court order saying his mum has to get him a passport and he is allowed on hol to Oz for 4 weeks next summer, yet she will find any excuse under the sun not to do this.
I would be more inclined to believe what is on the website rather than someone on the "helpline". You should ask to speak to someone more senior, and contact your Member of Parliament if they say no.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 7:28 am
Forum Regular

Tracemul7 has a brilliant futureTracemul7 has a brilliant futureTracemul7 has a brilliant futureTracemul7 has a brilliant futureTracemul7 has a brilliant futureTracemul7 has a brilliant futureTracemul7 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by JAJ
I would be more inclined to believe what is on the website rather than someone on the "helpline". You should ask to speak to someone more senior, and contact your Member of Parliament if they say no.
I think the issue with it is that if child lives with mum, the address that the passport is sent to needs to be his usual residence. However, if dad applies for it, the address would not be childs residence, or if they put that address, mother would get passport and father would not see it again (hence, negating the whole point in applying).
Old Oct 25th 2007, 10:32 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracemul7
I think the issue with it is that if child lives with mum, the address that the passport is sent to needs to be his usual residence.
I see no reason why address of other parent cannot be used.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 10:52 am
Whey hey got my Visa

allankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to all

Originally Posted by JAJ
I see no reason why address of other parent cannot be used.
I sort of agree with you JAJ, but when I looked at the link you sent yesterday and looked at the online application I noticed that details like the mothers passport number would be required and I doubt that she would give that info over voluntarily. Only hope would be if they knew she had no passport.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 10:56 am
JAJ
Retired

Originally Posted by allankate
I sort of agree with you JAJ, but when I looked at the link you sent yesterday and looked at the online application I noticed that details like the mothers passport number would be required and I doubt that she would give that info over voluntarily.
They do need proof that one parent - but usually not both - is a British citizen (or settled in the U.K. when child was born) in order to know that the child is also a British citizen.
Old Nov 13th 2007, 5:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

They do need proof that one parent - but usually not both - is a British citizen (or settled in the U.K. when child was born) in order to know that the child is also a British citizen.
The fun element of this is when the kid lives with their father. OH sent off for stepsons today, with court order proving parental responsibility and residency with us, his passport evidencing citizenship etc, and the post office wouldn't accept this. They were insisting that he obtain the mothers passport (and hell would freeze over before she's provide that) as it HAD to be the mothers passport that proved his citizenship.

It was only when OH took a leaf out of my obstreperous book and got stubborn, insisting that they ring the passport office that they backed down and conceded that their guidelines they have to follow (i.e the post office guidelines for check & send) have too many grey areas that they allowed it to be sent.

Passport office were quite happy with it, just post office regs weren't clear. This may be where a lot of the confusion is arising.
Old Nov 14th 2007, 12:35 am
JAJ
Retired

Originally Posted by NikiL
The fun element of this is when the kid lives with their father. OH sent off for stepsons today, with court order proving parental responsibility and residency with us, his passport evidencing citizenship etc, and the post office wouldn't accept this. They were insisting that he obtain the mothers passport (and hell would freeze over before she's provide that) as it HAD to be the mothers passport that proved his citizenship.
Citizenship does not have to be re-proved when renewing a child passport. Also, even if it did, there are two other ways (at least):

- mother's U.K. birth certificate; or
- the Passport Office could look up details of the original passport application.

Bottom line. Just because an official loudly proclaims himself to be correct doesn't in fact mean that he knows what he's talking about. Empty vessels often make a lot of noise ...
Old Nov 14th 2007, 6:56 am
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

We were applying for his first passport, not renewing an existing one, hence the problem.
Old Nov 14th 2007, 11:18 am
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wannabees
I know, its so annoying and frustrating!! We have offered to apply for passport and pay then give the passport to her - no chance. Meds sec advised us to contact immi office(as we dont have CO yet) and send Stat Dec stating situation, that we have tried verbally and in writing - with no result, but how do you get a med when the Psycho wont consent!! Aggghhh!!! Ive read few similar posts where they have been granted visas regardless of child having meds but will expect huge delay prob. Anyway good luck with your dilemma!
Where child is not migrating:

No need for Chest X-ray regardless of Age (if resident in UK or some other non-high risk TB Country.

If the non migrating child does not have a passport, the panel doctor should accept other photo ID, if available (and notate the Form 26 accordingly) or, if no photo ID available, panel doctor notates that no ID sighted or maybe a birth cert and also notates that the person examined is the person in the attached photo. The panel doctors have guidelines for this situation.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Nov 14th 2007, 11:34 am
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute

You can do your own Stat Dec, stating your position etc, thats what we did regarding koh's son.
We also had the nightmare of our oldest children being from my first marriage, we got stat decs and went to court to resolve that issue.
I thought our case was really complex but (i can say it now because we have our visa) all in all it was not that difficult, we just preempted any issue/questions that the CO could throw at us and set about resolving them in our application, so the answers were there before the questions were asked.

I know all cases are different but take the advice of people on here, especially the agents, most problems can be overcome
Old Nov 14th 2007, 6:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tony,

Had to speak to DIAC about something else, and mentioned the xrays for non migrating and they insisted that non migrating still had to have the xrays.

The info you gave me makes sense, because none of the xray departments had ever come across a non migrating without a passport (which surely they would have if they needed xrays).

Not sure at the moment whether to get the damned things done just in case, or to take a flyer on it.
Old Nov 14th 2007, 6:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Tony,

Had to speak to DIAC about something else, and mentioned the xrays for non migrating and they insisted that non migrating still had to have the xrays.

The info you gave me makes sense, because none of the xray departments had ever come across a non migrating without a passport (which surely they would have if they needed xrays).

Not sure at the moment whether to get the damned things done just in case, or to take a flyer on it.
Hi Niki

Who was person from DIAC? - no surprise as we often have to educate the case officers on their own legislation/policy. Tell them that their own PAM clearly states that no chest X-ray is required for non-migrating children from non-high TB risk Countries.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Nov 14th 2007, 7:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

I did, and she got REALLY narky with me

Working on the basis at the moment that as I can pick up my IELTS results on Nov 28th, will be submitting the application that day, then can download the medical forms prior to the meds being done. Book the xrays for non migrating kids (just in case) then when I don;t get the EH26 for the eldest 2 can cancel the appointment for them as the xray place just need 24 hours notice.

Should have got her bloody name, it was late, and I was too tired

Last edited by NikiL; Nov 14th 2007 at 7:12 pm.
Old Nov 14th 2007, 10:38 pm
JAJ
Retired

We were applying for his first passport, not renewing an existing one, hence the problem.
Once again, it is not compulsory for parents to have a passport in order for child to have a passport. Copy of mother's birth certificate would do find to prove child's citizenship. (or father's birth certificate + marriage certificate would also do, if he was born in the U.K.)
Old Nov 15th 2007, 6:29 am
BE Forum Addict

JAJ, I advice your guidance, however I was pointing out that the post office guidelines were at fault - therefore if anyone is given the wrong guidance by the post office (which is what happened in our case) stick to your guns and insist they call the passport office. This was the only way we could get his passport applied for as we knew the regulations better than the post office

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.