medicals for non migrating child

Old Oct 8th 2007, 3:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: medicals for non migrating child

thats great. Bet you cant make your mind up what photo's to send her 1st the one of your big house with pool (borrow someone else's if you dont have one) or being on that lovely sunny beach while she's stuck in rainy Uk.

Saying "Soooo glad your nor here"
Old Oct 8th 2007, 10:33 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steveandtina
She lives with her mum, but its been know that that sometime the CO can make the mother send the child for the meds
Case officer can do nothing of the sort.

If you have custody/access rights then you should normally be able to take her for a medical yourself. British law does not usually give the custodial parent a veto in that respect. (consult a family law solicitor to be sure).

If you have no access rights, or no say in medical issues, then send the document (eg court order) evidencing this to your case officer.
Old Oct 10th 2007, 11:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

wannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nice

Originally Posted by che1
hi really need some help or advice.
my OH has a child(12) from a previous relationship.she is not migrating with us however our visa agent has advised us that australian government need a medical done for her as obviously her dad being next of kin should anything happen to her mum.

Their reason being once we are in the country they would have to let her in so they want to make sure that shes in good health.To cut a long story short her mum is objecting to her having anything to do with this and willl not let her have the medical:curse:.Is there any way round this and just where exactly do we stand.
In exactly same position. My oh 's X also a "psycho". We had our meds last week minus child- 14. however i think we are taking her for meds regardless - seking advice this week, will PM you when i have further information. She is not migrating with us and her mother also refusing to get involved.
Old Oct 11th 2007, 9:15 am
Just Joined

che1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wannabees
In exactly same position. My oh 's X also a "psycho". We had our meds last week minus child- 14. however i think we are taking her for meds regardless - seking advice this week, will PM you when i have further information. She is not migrating with us and her mother also refusing to get involved.
They are so frustrating we have had advise from our agent saying provided he has no parental responsibility taken away he can take her regardless.
Now I am feeling rather smug at the fact she can no longer try and cock my plans up. Good luck with your battle against a pyscho and let me know how it goes.

joanne
Old Oct 12th 2007, 8:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

wannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nicewannabees is just really nice

They are so frustrating we have had advise from our agent saying provided he has no parental responsibility taken away he can take her regardless.
Now I am feeling rather smug at the fact she can no longer try and cock my plans up. Good luck with your battle against a pyscho and let me know how it goes.

joanne
Oh I will!!! - and I will enjoy!! Will you let u kno
Old Oct 12th 2007, 8:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

hi really need some help or advice.
my OH has a child(12) from a previous relationship.she is not migrating with us however our visa agent has advised us that australian government need a medical done for her as obviously her dad being next of kin should anything happen to her mum.

Their reason being once we are in the country they would have to let her in so they want to make sure that shes in good health.To cut a long story short her mum is objecting to her having anything to do with this and willl not let her have the medical:curse:.Is there any way round this and just where exactly do we stand.
Should have said nothing and just taken her! Hope others utilise this info...
Old Oct 18th 2007, 9:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Australia_bound?
Should have said nothing and just taken her! Hope others utilise this info...
Another problem! Even though we were willing to take OH daughter for meds regardless of consent from OH X - (my OH has parental rights ), she doesnt have a passport for her meds - we offered to apply and pay for one but passport office says we need proof of her address form her mother. Her reply was Bol****cks!! Ha you have to laugh or we'd crack up! Child isnt migrating with us but obviously needs meds for us to continue with our app. we have had our meds already and they were delivered to LCU this morning. Help anyone!
Old Oct 18th 2007, 10:28 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Another problem! Even though we were willing to take OH daughter for meds regardless of consent from OH X - (my OH has parental rights ), she doesnt have a passport for her meds - we offered to apply and pay for one but passport office says we need proof of her address form her mother. Her reply was Bol****cks!! Ha you have to laugh or we'd crack up! Child isnt migrating with us but obviously needs meds for us to continue with our app. we have had our meds already and they were delivered to LCU this morning. Help anyone!
There is nothing on the Passport Office website insisting on proof of address so you may have been told nonsense (happens all the time).

And passport can be issued with consent of one parent provided there is no court order to the contrary:
http://www.passport.gov.uk/apply-chi...ility-help.asp

Incidentally, you don't do yourself any favours by asking the same question on different threads. Only causes more confusion.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 7:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JAJ
There is nothing on the Passport Office website insisting on proof of address so you may have been told nonsense (happens all the time).

And passport can be issued with consent of one parent provided there is no court order to the contrary:

Incidentally, you don't do yourself any favours by asking the same question on different threads. Only causes more confusion.
contacted passport office. even though OH has regular contact with daughter 14, we have to have her mother sign passport app form.... not happening! also, cant take her for meds without permission in writing from her mother. Wait for CO see what they can suggest.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

Tracemul7 has a brilliant futureTracemul7 has a brilliant futureTracemul7 has a brilliant futureTracemul7 has a brilliant futureTracemul7 has a brilliant futureTracemul7 has a brilliant futureTracemul7 has a brilliant future

Hiya,we are in same boat.
Hubbys son, B (14), lives with mum. We move to Oz in 2 weeks.
Have spent £1000s in court so that B can come on holiday to see us, as its what he wants. Mum has to get passport done, as we cant. has been agreed in court, yet she's being so awkward about it, you wouldnt believe.
Thinks we're gonna kidnap him if he comes on hol! Like we would risk our visas!?
Passport must be done by parent with residency of child. Ie whoever he normally lives with. crazy huh!

Trace
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tracemul7
Hiya,we are in same boat.
Hubbys son, B (14), lives with mum. We move to Oz in 2 weeks.
Have spent £1000s in court so that B can come on holiday to see us, as its what he wants. Mum has to get passport done, as we cant. has been agreed in court, yet she's being so awkward about it, you wouldnt believe.
Thinks we're gonna kidnap him if he comes on hol! Like we would risk our visas!?
Passport must be done by parent with residency of child. Ie whoever he normally lives with. crazy huh!

Trace
I know, its so annoying and frustrating!! We have offered to apply for passport and pay then give the passport to her - no chance. Meds sec advised us to contact immi office(as we dont have CO yet) and send Stat Dec stating situation, that we have tried verbally and in writing - with no result, but how do you get a med when the Psycho wont consent!! Aggghhh!!! Ive read few similar posts where they have been granted visas regardless of child having meds but will expect huge delay prob. Anyway good luck with your dilemma!
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

I know, its so annoying and frustrating!! We have offered to apply for passport and pay then give the passport to her - no chance. Meds sec advised us to contact immi office(as we dont have CO yet) and send Stat Dec stating situation, that we have tried verbally and in writing - with no result, but how do you get a med when the Psycho wont consent!! Aggghhh!!! Ive read few similar posts where they have been granted visas regardless of child having meds but will expect huge delay prob. Anyway good luck with your dilemma!
Where are you heading in Oz?
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

Tracemul7 has a brilliant futureTracemul7 has a brilliant futureTracemul7 has a brilliant futureTracemul7 has a brilliant futureTracemul7 has a brilliant futureTracemul7 has a brilliant futureTracemul7 has a brilliant future

Heading to Adelaide.
We managed to get Visa granted without B having meds, but ex has always been like this (5 years after split up).
Hope all goes well with ur application, and even with all the problems, keep ur chins up. Will all work out for best in end i hope
Tracey
Old Oct 24th 2007, 3:47 am
JAJ
Retired

contacted passport office. even though OH has regular contact with daughter 14, we have to have her mother sign passport app form.... not happening!
Not true. Passport office website says consent of only one parent is necessary unless there is a court order to the contrary.

also, cant take her for meds without permission in writing from her mother.
Why not? Have your parental rights been terminated by court order or something?
Old Oct 24th 2007, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

sorry JAJ, but we were told the same thing by passport office. It has to be the parent that the child lives with who applies for and signs passport form.
Otherwise, we would have already got a passport for OH's son, B.
We have a court order saying his mum has to get him a passport and he is allowed on hol to Oz for 4 weeks next summer, yet she will find any excuse under the sun not to do this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.