British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   medicals for non migrating child (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/medicals-non-migrating-child-485371/)

che1 Oct 4th 2007 10:23 pm

medicals for non migrating child

hi really need some help or advice.
my OH has a child(12) from a previous relationship.she is not migrating with us however our visa agent has advised us that australian government need a medical done for her as obviously her dad being next of kin should anything happen to her mum.

Their reason being once we are in the country they would have to let her in so they want to make sure that shes in good health.To cut a long story short her mum is objecting to her having anything to do with this and willl not let her have the medical:curse:.Is there any way round this and just where exactly do we stand.

allankate Oct 4th 2007 10:30 pm

Re: medicals for non migrating child

Hi there

You will find a thread on this subject already, just here http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...igrating+child

I'm sure you'll find the answer you after.

Good luck

Allan :D

che1 Oct 4th 2007 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by allankate (Post 5388147)
Hi there

You will find a thread on this subject already, just here http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...igrating+child

I'm sure you'll find the answer you after.

Good luck

Allan :D

Thanks Allan looked and helped enormously.

Tracemul7 Oct 7th 2007 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by che1 (Post 5388174)
Thanks Allan looked and helped enormously.

Hiya,
just saw your post and thought i'd send a quick reply saying that I went through the same thing. Hubby's son lives with his mum and she wouldnt allow him to have medical. We told the C/O this and he asked for a stat dec from the Ex. She wouldnt do this either, so we did a stat dec explaining situation, and our visa was granted :)

Hope that helps, Tracey

che1 Oct 8th 2007 8:30 am

Originally Posted by Tracemul7 (Post 5398890)
Hiya,
just saw your post and thought i'd send a quick reply saying that I went through the same thing. Hubby's son lives with his mum and she wouldnt allow him to have medical. We told the C/O this and he asked for a stat dec from the Ex. She wouldnt do this either, so we did a stat dec explaining situation, and our visa was granted :)

Hope that helps, Tracey

Thanks she has just being asked to stat dec and she too is refusing so think that will be the only way round. Thanks for the reply.

Many Thanks
Joanne:thumbsup:

trevamather Oct 8th 2007 11:53 am

hi
bit of a subject change but still about non migrating child..do i need to get police checks done for my 17 yr old who isn't planning to migrate with us?:confused:

Reedy Oct 8th 2007 11:56 am

Originally Posted by trevamather (Post 5400596)
hi
bit of a subject change but still about non migrating child..do i need to get police checks done for my 17 yr old who isn't planning to migrate with us?:confused:

I would include him / her in the application.

There have been a number of posts about teenagers changing their minds in the past few months.

Regards,

Lau x

trevamather Oct 8th 2007 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by Reedy (Post 5400605)
I would include him / her in the application.

There have been a number of posts about teenagers changing their minds in the past few months.

Regards,

Lau x

he's definitely not migrating with us..he has just passed his tests etc to join the RAF here

steveandtina Oct 8th 2007 12:05 pm

Hi

I can reply to both of these as we are in the same boat.

My 17 wasn't on out visa at 1st but still had to have police checks, but now we have put him on the visa incase he changes his mind when he comes to visit us. He had to do a stat dec to say he wanted to be included on our visa, worth the fiver for stat dec and the tenner to bribe him lol.

Also my partner has a 11 year old and his ex isn't playing ball with anything (bitch) we will have to do a stat dec but out agent has told us we might have to get a court order ( bugger) more money.:curse:

trevamather Oct 8th 2007 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by steveandtina (Post 5400631)
Hi

I can reply to both of these as we are in the same boat.

My 17 wasn't on out visa at 1st but still had to have police checks, but now we have put him on the visa incase he changes his mind when he comes to visit us. He had to do a stat dec to say he wanted to be included on our visa, worth the fiver for stat dec and the tenner to bribe him lol.

Also my partner has a 11 year old and his ex isn't playing ball with anything (bitch) we will have to do a stat dec but out agent has told us we might have to get a court order ( bugger) more money.:curse:

Cheers I'll get that sorted now :thumbsup:

JAJ Oct 8th 2007 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by steveandtina (Post 5400631)

Court order for what? Does the 11 year old live with you or the partner?

steveandtina Oct 8th 2007 12:14 pm

She lives with her mum, but its been know that that sometime the CO can make the mother send the child for the meds

Tracemul7 Oct 8th 2007 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by steveandtina (Post 5400675)
She lives with her mum, but its been know that that sometime the CO can make the mother send the child for the meds

Its always possible - but knowing how awkward Ex's can be, in our situation this just wouldnt happen. Hell would freeze over before she would take B for medical, knowing full well that if she didnt, they might refuse our visa application. She would love nothing more than to see us suffer, even after the £50k we have forked out over last 4 years, when she paid nothing . . .. but thats another story (i'm just bitter).

steveandtina Oct 8th 2007 2:06 pm

I think your partners ex and my parnets ex are the same person!

I dont have that problem with my ex his just glad to get rid of me ha ha.

Tracemul7 Oct 8th 2007 2:56 pm

haha

when i was looking into all the visa stuff i found a few people in the same situation. Ex's seem to be a real problems, especially when there are kids involved. :(

But one success story here, as we got our visa granted, despite her trying her best to be awkward. We emigrate on 8th November :thumbsup: