Wikiposts

Medicals and IBS

Old May 4th 2005, 11:16 pm
Just Joined

ckilcline is on a distinguished road
Default Medicals and IBS

OK - being as everyone was so helpful on the depression issue I have one other question.

I have very mild endometriosis which means - without going into sticky details I get IBS like symptoms around the time of my period (sorry guys - I know you hate hearing about this stuff). I don't take medication for it - just painkillers if necessary, a few herbal supplements and watch my diet. It certainly never affects my work or my life generally. Just a bit of a nuisance at times.

Is this likely to concern the visa people ?

I'm getting the impression that they're mostly interested in illnesses that will stop people supporting themselves or that are very contagious ?

Thanks again
Old May 4th 2005, 11:24 pm
Forum Regular

milindbe will become famous soon enoughmilindbe will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Medicals and IBS

I guess all they are interested if you have such illness that you might fall into their health/sosial care.. Or if you would be a danger (mentally ill, etc stuff) to australian population..
So i would assume you are safe, but then again, don't know a a thing about a issue.. just posting to calm you down.
Old May 6th 2005, 6:27 am
off to Byron Bay....

loidy is a jewel in the roughloidy is a jewel in the roughloidy is a jewel in the roughloidy is a jewel in the rough

hi, i don't really know a great deal either but from what our agent has said they are mostly concerned about serious viruses and diseases which can be passed on/caught and which will cost them a certain amount of money in the first 5 years of your residency, try not to worry about it i have read on other threads that people who have had very recent brain surgery have passed medicals so everything should be cool! good luck x loidy
Old May 6th 2005, 8:11 am
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ckilcline
OK - being as everyone was so helpful on the depression issue I have one other question.

I have very mild endometriosis which means - without going into sticky details I get IBS like symptoms around the time of my period (sorry guys - I know you hate hearing about this stuff). I don't take medication for it - just painkillers if necessary, a few herbal supplements and watch my diet. It certainly never affects my work or my life generally. Just a bit of a nuisance at times.

Is this likely to concern the visa people ?

I'm getting the impression that they're mostly interested in illnesses that will stop people supporting themselves or that are very contagious ?

Thanks again
why don't you post this on the lifestyle forum, all the nurses who now live in Oz may be able to help you with your question
Good luck
tara