Wikiposts

MEDICALS HELP NEEDED!

Old Oct 8th 2007, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

Scoobydo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default MEDICALS HELP NEEDED!

Hi there,
our family all need medicals, where do you get them done? How much? and what is the expected time , we live in Norfolk in the U.K

If anyone could point me to a website or help in anyway, and would you suggest we all get our Medicals done before we have received our visa, as just about to apply for those. Could this save us time?
Any information would be of great help. Thanks

This is a fantastic website and found so helpful. Thanks again.
Old Oct 8th 2007, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

Sean and Louise is just really niceSean and Louise is just really niceSean and Louise is just really niceSean and Louise is just really niceSean and Louise is just really niceSean and Louise is just really niceSean and Louise is just really niceSean and Louise is just really niceSean and Louise is just really nice
Default Re: MEDICALS HELP NEEDED!

HI,
On the immi.gov website if you put in panel Doctors it gives you addresses for panel doctors in your area o do your medicals .Cost depends on the size of your family,
Old Oct 8th 2007, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

Hi Sean and Louise,
Thanks for the info! Shame a Doctor at the local surgery couldnt do them, but I will now go and look into it.
Once again Thank you.
Old Oct 8th 2007, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

Jessica25 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scoobydo
Hi there,
our family all need medicals, where do you get them done? How much? and what is the expected time , we live in Norfolk in the U.K

If anyone could point me to a website or help in anyway, and would you suggest we all get our Medicals done before we have received our visa, as just about to apply for those. Could this save us time?
Any information would be of great help. Thanks

This is a fantastic website and found so helpful. Thanks again.

Hi, I live in norfolk too and had my medicals done at the Thorpewood Surgery in Norwich, you have to phone ruth on a wed or a thurs (01603) 706 419 to make an appointment, there is always quite a wait for the appointment!

Prior to going for your appointment you have to go to the radiology clinic on newmarket road (01603) 629 212 and see a lovely man there and then you take your x-rays with you to the medical. The X-rays were £130 for the two of us and the medicals were £300 between us, although I think I had to pay a little extra as a nurse and therefore needed some extra bloods doing.

However- BEWARE, I had my medicals done on the 12th of july and my visa still hasn't been granted because the doctor forgot to include the HIV results with our other documents, but this was perhaps just a one off error.

Also they don't seem very keen on having them couriered, they send them as standard, which is what I did at their suggestion, but I wish I'd had them couriered so I could check the tracking- but be prepared to be forceful about this-
hope this helps a little and good luck,
Jessica
Old Oct 8th 2007, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jessica25
Hi, I live in norfolk too and had my medicals done at the Thorpewood Surgery in Norwich, you have to phone ruth on a wed or a thurs (01603) 706 419 to make an appointment, there is always quite a wait for the appointment!

Prior to going for your appointment you have to go to the radiology clinic on newmarket road (01603) 629 212 and see a lovely man there and then you take your x-rays with you to the medical. The X-rays were £130 for the two of us and the medicals were £300 between us, although I think I had to pay a little extra as a nurse and therefore needed some extra bloods doing.

However- BEWARE, I had my medicals done on the 12th of july and my visa still hasn't been granted because the doctor forgot to include the HIV results with our other documents, but this was perhaps just a one off error.

Also they don't seem very keen on having them couriered, they send them as standard, which is what I did at their suggestion, but I wish I'd had them couriered so I could check the tracking- but be prepared to be forceful about this-
Jessica
Hi Jessica25,
A Big THANK YOU! the information was so very helpful, I did see the nearest places to us was either Norwich or Cambridge, so they are both not far away, you have been such a great help, Thank you so much,
Old Oct 8th 2007, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

Jessica25 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scoobydo
Hi Jessica25,
A Big THANK YOU! the information was so very helpful, I did see the nearest places to us was either Norwich or Cambridge, so they are both not far away, you have been such a great help, Thank you so much,
That's ok, if you think of anything else, then let me know, Jess
Old Oct 8th 2007, 8:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jessica25

Jessica
I needed an xray for my medical elective placement, as did many of my mates. Some had the xray doen at the Newmarket rd place, others at the walk-in NNUH which was cheaper....so you may have a choice. I went to the NNUH - i paid for it at the place that did my full medical, and then the NNUH must bill them.