Medicals - Doctor contacted?

Old Mar 22nd 2005, 7:04 am
Just Joined

Rolf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medicals - Doctor contacted?

Can anyone tell me if when you go for your medicals whether your GP is contacted for access to your medical records? Or do they just go by whats stated on the medical form you fill in?
Just wondering as at no point on the medical form do you state the name and address of your GP, except for your HIV test form (but thats only if your blood test is positive so they they can contact and inform your GP).

Thanks
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 7:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Rabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Medicals - Doctor contacted?

Originally Posted by Rolf
Can anyone tell me if when you go for your medicals whether your GP is contacted for access to your medical records? Or do they just go by whats stated on the medical form you fill in?
Just wondering as at no point on the medical form do you state the name and address of your GP, except for your HIV test form (but thats only if your blood test is positive so they they can contact and inform your GP).

Thanks

Hi Rolf,

Neither the panel Dr or the Commonwealth Med Offr contact your GP concerning your medical as a matter of course. Where a serious issue is raised they will pass on details so that the appropriate support/counselling can be provided locally or where additional information is required (with your authorisation).

The form and the examination are all they go on. (we assume) Make sure you put everything on the form as for them to discover something which has not been declared on the form won't help the smooth passage of your visa.

Hope this helps

Rob
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 7:40 am
Just Joined

Rolf is an unknown quantity at this point

I was a little amused I must say when you are asked whether you have ever been to the doctors with stomach pains indigestion or heart burn, isn’t that just about everyone???

Also the question asking if you have had a condition or disease lasting more than 2 weeks, does that include things like Mumps, Measles, Chicken Pox, etc?

Do you have to also state bones that have been broken? Or am I reading more into it than needed?
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 7:42 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd be interested to know about the broken bones as I broke my ankle almost 3 years ago....
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

Goodwin will become famous soon enoughGoodwin will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by bridiej
I'd be interested to know about the broken bones as I broke my ankle almost 3 years ago....
I would also be interested if anyone stated about broken bones on their medical forms?
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 3:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rabc
Hi Rolf,

Neither the panel Dr or the Commonwealth Med Offr contact your GP concerning your medical as a matter of course. Where a serious issue is raised they will pass on details so that the appropriate support/counselling can be provided locally or where additional information is required (with your authorisation).

The form and the examination are all they go on. (we assume) Make sure you put everything on the form as for them to discover something which has not been declared on the form won't help the smooth passage of your visa.

Hope this helps

Rob
so no-one contacts your GP unless they have any concerns when having your medical?
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 4:40 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hilary6
so no-one contacts your GP unless they have any concerns when having your medical?
No. If there are any issues you think will come up, get a letter from your gp with all facts and figures about the problem. Take that with you. It will answer any questions the panel doc might have and keep things straightforward.

They assume you tell the truth on the basis that if something crops up when in Aus and you then state you have had the condition for xxxx years, medicare could check up. Don't know if anyone has ever been thrown out because of a lie on a med form but would think it unlikely for most run of the mill illnesses.
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 5:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Medicals - Doctor contacted?

Originally Posted by moneypen20
No. If there are any issues you think will come up, get a letter from your gp with all facts and figures about the problem. Take that with you. It will answer any questions the panel doc might have and keep things straightforward.

They assume you tell the truth on the basis that if something crops up when in Aus and you then state you have had the condition for xxxx years, medicare could check up. Don't know if anyone has ever been thrown out because of a lie on a med form but would think it unlikely for most run of the mill illnesses.
Thanx for that Moneypen that cleared alot of questions and concerns for me
Have sum karma
Hilaryx
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by moneypen20

Can anyone tell me if you need to get all your medical records from your GP to take with you to the medicals? On the form do you need to state about broken bones, as you will have been to hospital? Do you need to state any dieases i.e. measles, mumps, etc?

Thanks for any advice, am a little confused how much detail they want.
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

Laurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really nice

Originally Posted by Goodwin
Can anyone tell me if you need to get all your medical records from your GP to take with you to the medicals? On the form do you need to state about broken bones, as you will have been to hospital? Do you need to state any dieases i.e. measles, mumps, etc?

Thanks for any advice, am a little confused how much detail they want.
No, you don't need medical records from your GP.

I am not sure what to do about broken bones. I would state that you have had any serious illness though (measels, mumps, etc.).
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Laurie1st
No, you don't need medical records from your GP.

I am not sure what to do about broken bones. I would state that you have had any serious illness though (measels, mumps, etc.).

Thanks Laurie

What about dates of hospital visits and things like mumps and measles? As these dieases often happen in childhood how can you be sure of the dates? Can you put an estimated date?
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

Laurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really niceLaurie1st is just really nice

Originally Posted by Goodwin
Thanks Laurie

What about dates of hospital visits and things like mumps and measles? As these dieases often happen in childhood how can you be sure of the dates? Can you put an estimated date?
You know, the more I think about it, the less sure I become. I didn't declare that I have had chickenpox, because I assumed that it's such a common childhood thing that they wouldn't care about it. I have never had the mumps or the measles, but I would just put the year, especially if I had been hospitalized.
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

joantobin is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Rolf,

Hope this helps

Rob
Hi Rob
Will you let me know how you go on at your med has my hubbie is over weight . iv been told so long has you are fit and healthy it dos,nt matter for a bit of weight

cheers Joan
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by joantobin
Hi Rob
Will you let me know how you go on at your med has my hubbie is over weight . iv been told so long has you are fit and healthy it dos,nt matter for a bit of weight

cheers Joan
No problem I will let you know how it goes. I have been to see my Doctor and he has written a letter stating that I don't have a history of High BP or heart problems and although overweight am successully reducing it. Also I have got hold of a copy of my sickness record from work and have been recoding my BP since the meds were requested. I plan to produce these for the panel Doctor to support my claim to be healthy.

Rob
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

joantobin is an unknown quantity at this point

No problem I will let you know how it goes. I have been to see my Doctor and he has written a letter stating that I don't have a history of High BP or heart problems and although overweight am successully reducing it. Also I have got hold of a copy of my sickness record from work and have been recoding my BP since the meds were requested. I plan to produce these for the panel Doctor to support my claim to be healthy.

Rob
HI
Its me againe its not me but hubby iv been worried about hes on tablets for bp but he has a letter from doc to say that its under control , Hes also been and had heart tests no problems there and hes on a diet . he put 3 stone on when he stopped smoking [cant win ] . any way good luck with meds .His bmi is 38

Joan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.