Wikiposts

Medicals which docs manchester or preston?

Old Apr 7th 2005, 10:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

xxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enoughxxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enough
Default Medicals which docs manchester or preston?

Hi all ive been ringing round this morning to check out the docs prices for medical they all seem to be the same for my area.

what i was wondering is if anyone has any comments on the docs in Manchester or preston.

Any info would be great

Debs xxx
Old Apr 7th 2005, 11:35 pm
Just Joined

kazd123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Medicals which docs manchester or preston?

Originally Posted by xxdebsonlinexx
Hi all ive been ringing round this morning to check out the docs prices for medical they all seem to be the same for my area.

what i was wondering is if anyone has any comments on the docs in Manchester or preston.

Any info would be great

Debs xxx
HI I WOULD RECOMMEND THE DOCTORS IN PRESTON. WE HAD OURS DONE IN DECEMBER AND THEY WERE VERY GOOD
Old Apr 8th 2005, 12:05 am
BE Enthusiast

xxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enoughxxdebsonlinexx will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Medicals which docs manchester or preston?

Originally Posted by kazd123
HI I WOULD RECOMMEND THE DOCTORS IN PRESTON. WE HAD OURS DONE IN DECEMBER AND THEY WERE VERY GOOD
Hi Kaz thanks for you reply another Q for you did you have to strip down and did he do the booby and drop n cough test lol

Debs xxx
Old Apr 8th 2005, 5:42 am
BE Enthusiast

The Druid is on a distinguished road

Any info would be great

Debs xxx
Dr Million in Manchester is ace especially, if you have kids and to answer your other question, you get to hide under a blanket !!
Old Apr 8th 2005, 6:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The Druid
Dr Million in Manchester is ace especially, if you have kids and to answer your other question, you get to hide under a blanket !!

LOL thanks for the info much appreciated will need a blanket to hid under

Debs xxx
Old Apr 8th 2005, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

LC_GH is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL thanks for the info much appreciated will need a blanket to hid under

Debs xxx
I think I seem to be the only one who didn't think Dr Million was really great!!!! Maybe he was having an off day whenI saw him......

I understand that he sees a lot of people both NHS and private paying and is a busy guy, however I thought he was abrupt, negative and fairly dimissive of any questions I raised.

All I can say is that I went in there not too worried, however I came out feelign really demoralised and wondering why I was bothering with the visa application......

On a lighter note, my medical (despite comments from Dr M) was fine and I have been in Melbourne for 5 weeks now.....

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me

Laura
Old Apr 8th 2005, 9:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LC_GH
I think I seem to be the only one who didn't think Dr Million was really great!!!! Maybe he was having an off day whenI saw him......

I understand that he sees a lot of people both NHS and private paying and is a busy guy, however I thought he was abrupt, negative and fairly dimissive of any questions I raised.

All I can say is that I went in there not too worried, however I came out feelign really demoralised and wondering why I was bothering with the visa application......

On a lighter note, my medical (despite comments from Dr M) was fine and I have been in Melbourne for 5 weeks now.....

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me

Laura
Thanks Druid & Laura for your input think were going to go to Preston now but thanks again for your help

Debs xxxx
Old Apr 9th 2005, 7:01 am
Here at last

Location: Now here in sunny Sandy Beach, near Coffs Harbour, N.S.W.)
TheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really nice

Any info would be great

Debs xxx
Hi Debs we saw Dr Ormorod in Preston and he was really good. Made our little one feel really comfortable and although he charged me an extra £50 just for a 10 minute chat yesterday still would recommend him. Watch the secretary with the blonde hair that refuses to look at you or make eye contact, as she overcharged me by £20. They did give me it back when I questioned it.
He did do the boob test on my misses but I didn't have to do the cough test

PS he gets you to stip down to your underwear but there is a curtain that he pulls round, though I don't see why as I've seen my wife naked many times

Last edited by TheRossers; Apr 9th 2005 at 7:04 am.
Old Apr 9th 2005, 9:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all

Originally Posted by TheRossers
Hi Debs we saw Dr Ormorod in Preston and he was really good. Made our little one feel really comfortable and although he charged me an extra £50 just for a 10 minute chat yesterday still would recommend him. Watch the secretary with the blonde hair that refuses to look at you or make eye contact, as she overcharged me by £20. They did give me it back when I questioned it.
He did do the boob test on my misses but I didn't have to do the cough test

PS he gets you to stip down to your underwear but there is a curtain that he pulls round, though I don't see why as I've seen my wife naked many times
We went to Manchester, great with the kids, no problems.
Paula.
Old Apr 11th 2005, 12:26 am
Forum Regular

TraceyandPeter is a jewel in the roughTraceyandPeter is a jewel in the roughTraceyandPeter is a jewel in the roughTraceyandPeter is a jewel in the rough

Thanks Druid & Laura for your input think were going to go to Preston now but thanks again for your help

Debs xxxx
Hi,
I can't recommend Dr Million more highly. He does come across as a little bit abrupt at first but just tell him he's a cheeky bugger and he's great. There was both me and my husband , two toddlers (18mths and 2.5), he was brilliant with them amd also two shy teenage girls(13 and 17). He covers you with a blanket and a curtain. No breast exam.
Also, just so you know, you should never be subject to a breast examination as part of a routine medical unless you have a history of some sort such as lumps removed etc. I know this for a fact as I speak to doctors on a regular basis. I would seriously question any doctor who presumed to do this as par for the course.
Also you can get your xrays done at the same time. In all we were in there just over an hour.
Tracey
Old Apr 11th 2005, 10:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi guys thanks for your input we have booked the medicals now at Preston 5th May unrequested at the moment but hopefully will have the request by then going of other peoples time frames.

Debs xxx
Old Apr 12th 2005, 2:54 am
Forum Regular

Gill n Neil is an unknown quantity at this point

Any info would be great

Debs xxx
Hi Debs

Just thought I would tell you that I'm from Lancaster, came to Canada last year with my family. We went to see Dr Adams (female Dr) at st. Johns Road Manchester they were fantastic they have the xray machine on site so you don't have to bother with the local hospital we were out of the surgery in just over an hour.

Hope this helps and the prices reasonable pretty much the same as everywhere else. This surgery does do medicals for people going to Australia as well as Canada.

Good Luck nice to reply to someone from my own local area.

Gill n Neil
Old Apr 12th 2005, 3:50 am
Here at last

TheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really nice

Hi guys thanks for your input we have booked the medicals now at Preston 5th May unrequested at the moment but hopefully will have the request by then going of other peoples time frames.

Debs xxx
We had our xrays done on the Thursday the week before we had our medicals and they said they would make sure they were there and they were. Obviuosly they do this a lot.
Have fun finding the surgery as well, we did. Missed the road at least three times and what it doesn't show on the map is the road is blocked half way down. So if you don't go from the correct end you'll be in for a bit of a walk. You need to be on the opposite end from the football ground. I'm saying all this and you probably live in Preston
Old Apr 12th 2005, 5:45 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

PS he gets you to stip down to your underwear but there is a curtain that he pulls round, though I don't see why as I've seen my wife naked many times [/QUOTE]

Yeh, me too. She's not so bad your missus )
Old Apr 12th 2005, 5:52 am
Here at last

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
Yeh, me too. She's not so bad your missus )
Damn I wondered what happened to those photo's!!!

Last edited by TheRossers; Apr 12th 2005 at 5:54 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.