medicals for children

Old Dec 2nd 2010, 8:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

paulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nice
Default medicals for children

We have been asked by co to go for our medicals, we have 3 children 8, 6 and 3 and I would like to give them some idea what to expect when we go, could anyone let me know - do they have to have blood tests etc taken? thanks celia
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 8:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: medicals for children

Originally Posted by paulandcelia
We have been asked by co to go for our medicals, we have 3 children 8, 6 and 3 and I would like to give them some idea what to expect when we go, could anyone let me know - do they have to have blood tests etc taken? thanks celia
they won't have blood tests at that age. Just usually height, weight, eye sight, hearing, and a bit of a physical examination. Nothing too major so don't worry.

The docs are usually pretty good with the kids
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

elice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond repute

From memory, all they do is measure them, weigh them, check immunisation records and general health. Definitely no blood test but mine were quite small so not sure about older children.
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 8:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

elice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
they won't have blood tests at that age. Just usually height, weight, eye sight, hearing, and a bit of a physical examination. Nothing too major so don't worry.

The docs are usually pretty good with the kids
Once again Wendy strikes before anybody else
You must be a faster typist than I am ... Not difficult mind you
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 8:33 pm
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

They will also ask them to do a urine test - which is very easy, literally just go into the toilet & pee into a little dish...although first time round our girls were given a she-wee, which caused huge amusement
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 8:42 pm
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JenniGee
They will also ask them to do a urine test - which is very easy, literally just go into the toilet & pee into a little dish...although first time round our girls were given a she-wee, which caused huge amusement
Very easy??? Pffft! The urine test with my then 4 year old daughter was by no means easy! It was messy and somewhat hilarious but not easy! I hadn't let her go to the loo before we left home to make sure she could go when we got there.... trouble was by the time she got there she was busting and I had to hold the wee pot .... and I misjudged the angle and velocity and there was wee everywhere and a lot of laughter. I did clean up as best I could.... but the lady at the medical centre was not amused

Apart from that little mishap, her medical was a doddle, as others have said they checked sight, hearing, height weight, listened to her chest... had a bit of a check over, nothing major though. The only thing I hadn't prepared her for which took her by surprise and her face was an absolute picture was checking her reflexes.... you could see a big question mark over her head "why is this man hitting me with a hammer and mum seems to think it's ok?"
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 8:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag
Very easy??? Pffft! The urine test with my then 4 year old daughter was by no means easy! It was messy and somewhat hilarious but not easy! I hadn't let her go to the loo before we left home to make sure she could go when we got there.... trouble was by the time she got there she was busting and I had to hold the wee pot .... and I misjudged the angle and velocity and there was wee everywhere and a lot of laughter. I did clean up as best I could.... but the lady at the medical centre was not amused

Apart from that little mishap, her medical was a doddle, as others have said they checked sight, hearing, height weight, listened to her chest... had a bit of a check over, nothing major though. The only thing I hadn't prepared her for which took her by surprise and her face was an absolute picture was checking her reflexes.... you could see a big question mark over her head "why is this man hitting me with a hammer and mum seems to think it's ok?"
Haha, yes I forgot about the pee test! Good fun lol

I made it into a game for my 5 year old. Worked in the end...but wasn't easy
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 8:49 pm
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Surely with kids that little, you just squeeze them???
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 8:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

paulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nice

Thanks guys for all the replies, my eldest is a bit of a worrier so just thought I would get some info so I could let him know what is going to happen - the wee test sounds like it should be fun!!