Wikiposts

Medicals in Cambridge

Old Aug 2nd 2005, 8:50 am
Bright in Orange

Scotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Medicals in Cambridge

Just had medicals done and sent off (unrequested).Can recommend Cambridge medical services highly. Saw us at appointment time, very friendly and told me our classification when I asked. (Cat A yippee). Good with kids (even when they drop their pee sample on the carpet!!!). Also able to get meds and x-rays done in same place.

Think they may be a bit more expensive but we really wanted local convenience.

Scotty
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

AnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant future
Talking Re: Medicals in Cambridge

Hi Scotty

We went on Friday and I agree with your comments.
Nice location and as you said everything in the same place.
Doctor was very good with the kids and we were seen promptly and all done in well under 2 hours.

The only problem we had was the doctor insisiting on Hep B & Hep C tests due to tattoos even though they are very old!

Family of 5 cost £730 (children 9,7 &2).

Where/when are you off to Oz?

Cheers

AnitaB
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

jaselee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medicals in Cambridge

Originally Posted by AnitaB
Hi Scotty

We went on Friday and I agree with your comments.
Nice location and as you said everything in the same place.
Doctor was very good with the kids and we were seen promptly and all done in well under 2 hours.

The only problem we had was the doctor insisiting on Hep B & Hep C tests due to tattoos even though they are very old!

Family of 5 cost £730 (children 9,7 &2).

Where/when are you off to Oz?

Cheers

AnitaB
hi guys,

Would you mind confirming the name and contact details of this med centre please.

may choose to use this one if I can;t find one any closer.

Many Thanks

J
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

AnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant future
Cool Re: Medicals in Cambridge

Hi J

The website is www.cmms.uk.net

Good luck with the meds.

AnitaB
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 6:08 am
Forum Regular

jaselee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AnitaB
Hi J

The website is www.cmms.uk.net

Good luck with the meds.

AnitaB
Thanks a million Anita

J
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 11:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

I would recommend anyone in this area to use the panel doctor at Norwich, excellent friendly service and only cost £270 for the 3 of us (+£150 for the Xrays)
Cambridge insists on checks you don't actually need (Hepatitis B (or it may be A)

Only 40 minutes from Cambridge
Old Aug 4th 2005, 2:11 am
Bright in Orange

Scotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Anita

We are off to inland NSW (hopefully) but not for a couple of years yet. Hope to validate at Christmas but this is looking less likely now with the slow down on med requests. Applied now due to age and possiblity of visa type change (which blow me is now happening!).

Take care
Scotty
Old Aug 4th 2005, 2:18 am
Bright in Orange

Hi Kevin

We did not have any tatoos (my stepson threw us a bit when he insited he did have a tatoo - but the doc didn't count the temp transfer he had 6 months ago as real!)

They did ask us the question however and we would have had to have further blood tests if we had them or is we were planning on working in the medical profession. I thought this was standard?

If you live on the west of Cams this place is useful

Scotty
Old Aug 4th 2005, 2:57 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scotty1
Hi Kevin

We did not have any tatoos (my stepson threw us a bit when he insited he did have a tatoo - but the doc didn't count the temp transfer he had 6 months ago as real!)

They did ask us the question however and we would have had to have further blood tests if we had them or is we were planning on working in the medical profession. I thought this was standard?

If you live on the west of Cams this place is useful

Scotty
I wonder why all the panel doctors seem to have their own rules, ie Norwich refused to send the meds to OZ via courier (they have been told by DIMIA that they are not allowed to), Cambridge insist on blood tests if you have tattoos (Norwich don't)

Agreed that Cambridge is handy if you live close by, we live in Bury St Edmunds so Norwich was just as close (give or take a few miles)

BTW, do Cambridge do the drop and cough tests for males?
Old Aug 4th 2005, 3:43 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Medicals in Cambridge

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
I wonder why all the panel doctors seem to have their own rules, ie Norwich refused to send the meds to OZ via courier (they have been told by DIMIA that they are not allowed to), Cambridge insist on blood tests if you have tattoos (Norwich don't)

Agreed that Cambridge is handy if you live close by, we live in Bury St Edmunds so Norwich was just as close (give or take a few miles)

Hi my husband did not have the cough and drop he only mad him cough and listened to his chest and he only asked me if i checked my breast each month and if there was any history of cancer he was a really nice man
Old Aug 4th 2005, 3:44 am
Bright in Orange

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield

Hi Kevin

No dropping or coughing, and no breast exam for women either
Old Aug 4th 2005, 3:47 am
Forum Regular

Hi Kevin

strange I know having to have hep b and c and the tattoos are over ten years old and I have had 3 kid in the process
Old Aug 4th 2005, 4:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Talking Re: Medicals in Cambridge

Hi Kevin

no fun at Cambridge then