Wikiposts

Medicals - Being Overweight

Old Feb 10th 2006, 1:57 pm
Gill Palmer

Default Re: Medicals - Being Overweight

Originally Posted by November11
Thank you 'Almost Bob'

As important as moving to Australia has become to us, it seemed very insignificant compared to the gut twisting feeling that I experienced when I felt I had let my son down

I hurt so much for his hurt. I know he is very aware of his weight but as I said before, he doesn't eat rubbish and is very sporty. We're just not all supposed to be the same size

I just hope he can get his head together...he was really down

Cheer up. I know how you feel - been through a similar experience myself, though obesity wasn't the medical problem. Remember that the British Government is raising Cain about obesity at the minute, and making doctors howl about it to every tubby person they see. HMG doesn't give a damn about you - they are simply looking at weasel ways of dismantling the NHS via the back door. If they can find a way to refuse to treat 2/3 of the population, they can dodge out of admitting that they haven't the faintest idea how to run a Health Service.

I am told that some native Australians - of the non-indigenous variety - make you look positively scrawny, my friend!

Besides which, if you beat yourself to an emotional pulp about this, how will that help you or your son?

My advice is try eating with chopsticks of the plastic type. Takes three hours to eat anything by the time you've dropped it repeatedly. Chopsticks are by far the best weight-loss gizmo ever invented, I reckon! Ever tried eating grapes with chopsticks, or a Mars bar?

Chin up.

Gill
xx

Last edited by Gill Palmer; Feb 10th 2006 at 2:01 pm. Reason: Addition

Old Feb 10th 2006, 6:40 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals - Being Overweight

Originally Posted by Gill Palmer
Cheer up. I know how you feel - been through a similar experience myself, though obesity wasn't the medical problem. Remember that the British Government is raising Cain about obesity at the minute, and making doctors howl about it to every tubby person they see. HMG doesn't give a damn about you - they are simply looking at weasel ways of dismantling the NHS via the back door. If they can find a way to refuse to treat 2/3 of the population, they can dodge out of admitting that they haven't the faintest idea how to run a Health Service.

I am told that some native Australians - of the non-indigenous variety - make you look positively scrawny, my friend!

Besides which, if you beat yourself to an emotional pulp about this, how will that help you or your son?

My advice is try eating with chopsticks of the plastic type. Takes three hours to eat anything by the time you've dropped it repeatedly. Chopsticks are by far the best weight-loss gizmo ever invented, I reckon! Ever tried eating grapes with chopsticks, or a Mars bar?

Chin up.

Gill
xx
or better still Gill try eating with just one chopstick
you`ll look like twiggy in no time