Wikiposts

Medicals - again.

Old Jul 6th 2004, 11:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Majj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really nice
Default Medicals - again.

Hi All,

Our application has been on hold since January 24 since my wife is pregnant and is now expecting next Friday!!!

I need to complete the whole visa process as soon as possible as I have a few firms in Oz that are currently awaiting the outcome of our visa decision.

So heres some questions and obviously time is of the essence.

1. Following the birth of the baby can we undetake the medicals by producing it's birth certificate only, instead of a passport? (Reason is it will take a few weeks to sort out a passport and whilst I apply for the babys passport this can be done in parallel with the meds.)

2. Is there any age restriction on the baby undertaking medicals? i.e ! week old 1 month 2 month old etc?

3. Can I use the medical forms lying around I previously obtained from the AHC in London to do the medicals for the baby or do I have to wait for our case officer to confirm that the baby has been added to our application and hence wait for her to send out medical forms?

Any advice on how to speed things up much appreciated.

Thanks,
Majj
Old Jul 8th 2004, 12:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Majj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really nice
Default Re: Medicals - again.

Originally posted by Majj
Hi All,

Our application has been on hold since January 24 since my wife is pregnant and is now expecting next Friday!!!

I need to complete the whole visa process as soon as possible as I have a few firms in Oz that are currently awaiting the outcome of our visa decision.

So heres some questions and obviously time is of the essence.

1. Following the birth of the baby can we undetake the medicals by producing it's birth certificate only, instead of a passport? (Reason is it will take a few weeks to sort out a passport and whilst I apply for the babys passport this can be done in parallel with the meds.)

2. Is there any age restriction on the baby undertaking medicals? i.e ! week old 1 month 2 month old etc?

3. Can I use the medical forms lying around I previously obtained from the AHC in London to do the medicals for the baby or do I have to wait for our case officer to confirm that the baby has been added to our application and hence wait for her to send out medical forms?

Any advice on how to speed things up much appreciated.

Thanks,
Majj
Ok, I managed to get some information from the CO and can advise as follows.

1. No. You have to have a passport for the baby before doing the meds because this is their primary identification document. This is a change of policy by the DIMIA.

2. I don't think there are any age restrictions on babies doing the meds. Although I will have to bear in mind it's going to take me a few weeks to get the passport sorted for it.

3. Yes I can use my own med forms obtained from the AHC in London. But I still need to send in certifed copies of babies passport and birth cert to DIMIA so they can add baby to application. At least the undertaking of medicals and submitting of such information can happen in parallel. I'm pleased about that. ( There is no need to send in photos of baby since passport copy will do).

Lastly I have to send in copies of my wifes, sons and my passport. Why I have to do this I don't know since these were submitted at time of original application. Perhaps George/Alan/Ptlabs/Jeremy could advise on this bit.

Many thanks

Majj.