Medicals

Old Jun 24th 2012, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

musicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nice
Default Medicals

It's finally there -on Tuesday we have our medicals. Our appointment is at 11am and we need around 3 hours to get there. Can we have breakfast before we go there or should we not do that? What about the kids (5 and 7)? Can't travel that long without even giving them something to eat and drink!
Old Jun 24th 2012, 9:59 pm
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals

You're not having an operation - so of course you can eat and drink! In fact as you have to pee in a cup you'll need to be hydrated.

They just do simple tests and a small amount of poking and prodding. If it were me I wouldn't be eating beans prior to the exam but everything else would be fine!
Old Jun 24th 2012, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

musicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nicemusicalfever4 is just really nice

Originally Posted by goldchoccycoin
You're not having an operation - so of course you can eat and drink! In fact as you have to pee in a cup you'll need to be hydrated.

They just do simple tests and a small amount of poking and prodding. If it were me I wouldn't be eating beans prior to the exam but everything else would be fine!
Thanks for your reply. For certain blood checks you should appear before having eaten -at least my doctor tells me to come in the morning before eating, that's why I was wondering.
Good to know that it's not like that. Thanks a lot.
Old Jun 24th 2012, 10:08 pm
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

They only blood test for HIV - the urine test is for sugar in the urine etc. which you should not have from eating.

The blood test won't be influenced by food.

Best of luck.
Old Jun 25th 2012, 2:59 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by musicalfever4
It's finally there -on Tuesday we have our medicals. Our appointment is at 11am and we need around 3 hours to get there. Can we have breakfast before we go there or should we not do that? What about the kids (5 and 7)? Can't travel that long without even giving them something to eat and drink!
Absolutely no requirement to fast beforehand
Old Jun 26th 2012, 11:24 am
If all else fails...smile

smiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond repute

recently had medicals I was dehydrated, so ensure you drink plenty!

Good Luck Ems X