Wikiposts

The Medicals

Old Oct 4th 2005, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

ed_the_lad is just really niceed_the_lad is just really niceed_the_lad is just really niceed_the_lad is just really niceed_the_lad is just really niceed_the_lad is just really niceed_the_lad is just really niceed_the_lad is just really niceed_the_lad is just really nice
Default The Medicals

Just wondering after the medical is completed will the doctor give you the results?
Old Oct 4th 2005, 11:49 pm
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Medicals

Originally Posted by ed_the_lad
Just wondering after the medical is completed will the doctor give you the results?
I don't think they are obliged to tell you whether they are grading you as an A or a B, but from reading postings on here, most panel doctors do tell you, some immediately, others after the blood test result. Ours marked us both as 'Category B's' and told us there and then. You'll have to wait a week for the results of the blood test but generally you can just phone up and they give you the results over the phone, provided there is no problems.

Nicky

Last edited by Nicky & Dave; Oct 4th 2005 at 11:50 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Oct 4th 2005, 11:51 pm
Forum Regular

ed_the_lad is just really niceed_the_lad is just really niceed_the_lad is just really niceed_the_lad is just really niceed_the_lad is just really niceed_the_lad is just really niceed_the_lad is just really niceed_the_lad is just really niceed_the_lad is just really nice

Thanks alot Nicky!
Old Oct 5th 2005, 12:07 am
Forum Regular

tom_mac is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Nicky & Dave
I don't think they are obliged to tell you whether they are grading you as an A or a B, but from reading postings on here, most panel doctors do tell you, some immediately, others after the blood test result. Ours marked us both as 'Category B's' and told us there and then. You'll have to wait a week for the results of the blood test but generally you can just phone up and they give you the results over the phone, provided there is no problems.

Nicky

Hi

What mean category A or B. Thanks
Old Oct 5th 2005, 12:52 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tom_mac
Hi

In very basic terms - an A means you have 12 months to validate and a B means you have 6 months to validate - try doing a search in this forum - this has been discussed many, many times.
Old Oct 5th 2005, 3:51 am
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tom_mac
Hi

My understanding is difference from Wargods. I understood that Category A means that you have no 'significant' medical history and a Cat B means you have a previous or existing condition.

Getting a Category B is not necessarily something to worry about. In my partners case, he was given a B and he just suffers from asthma. My FIL was also given a Cat B having previously had prostate cancer, but DIMIA did not require any additional information and the visa was granted without problem.

What DIMIA are looking for is if you have a pre-existing condition that is likely to have a significant cost impact on the Australian Health System - I have been told that for an application to be refused on the grounds of medical, the cost impact would have to be more than $20k per year.

Nicky

Last edited by Nicky & Dave; Oct 5th 2005 at 3:57 am. Reason: flippen spelling again!!!
Old Oct 5th 2005, 6:41 am
www.perthcrest.com.au

The Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud of

Our doc told us then and there that we were all Cat A, and very fit and healthy.

They then rang us 1 week later to confirm that our blood tests were fine too.

Nicola
Old Oct 5th 2005, 7:59 am
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all

Any results that were available straight away, eg urine tests, we were told about there and then. Blood test and x-ray results we phoned back after a week and were told no probs!!
Please don't worry about the meds, I know it's easy to say, we worried ourselves, but they really are a lot simpler than you think.
Carole x
Old Oct 5th 2005, 7:46 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

My understanding is difference from Wargods. I understood that Category A means that you have no 'significant' medical history and a Cat B means you have a previous or existing condition.

Getting a Category B is not necessarily something to worry about. In my partners case, he was given a B and he just suffers from asthma. My FIL was also given a Cat B having previously had prostate cancer, but DIMIA did not require any additional information and the visa was granted without problem.

What DIMIA are looking for is if you have a pre-existing condition that is likely to have a significant cost impact on the Australian Health System - I have been told that for an application to be refused on the grounds of medical, the cost impact would have to be more than $20k per year.

Nicky
Totally correct - but my post did say in 'basic terms'
Old Oct 5th 2005, 9:13 pm
In my own little world!

Originally Posted by wargod
Totally correct - but my post did say in 'basic terms'
Noted, Mr Wargod!

Nicky
Old Oct 5th 2005, 9:19 pm
In my own little world!

Originally Posted by Wickedsid
Please don't worry about the meds, I know it's easy to say, we worried ourselves, but they really are a lot simpler than you think.
Carole x
Yep, this is sound advice and is worth reiterating - I got myself in a right old tizz before our medicals because I was so dreading it, even burst into tears in the loo when I had to do the urine sample (yes, I know I'm a wuss!). But the reality is that it's prettty straightforward - if you read through the forms beforehand, you know what to expect as the GP will jus go through the form with you.

Nicky
Old Oct 6th 2005, 7:41 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

Yep, this is sound advice and is worth reiterating - I got myself in a right old tizz before our medicals because I was so dreading it, even burst into tears in the loo when I had to do the urine sample (yes, I know I'm a wuss!). But the reality is that it's prettty straightforward - if you read through the forms beforehand, you know what to expect as the GP will jus go through the form with you.

Nicky
I'll second that - i was getting chest pains driving to the quacks, 2 seconds after he looked at the xray i was feeling fine - pulse rate dropped and the medical from then on to be quite honest was a piece of .... !!!
Old Oct 6th 2005, 7:44 pm

stevereed is an unknown quantity at this point

i agree with your understanding.

Nicky
Old Oct 6th 2005, 10:26 pm
Forum Regular

pata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Wickedsid
Any results that were available straight away, eg urine tests, we were told about there and then. Blood test and x-ray results we phoned back after a week and were told no probs!!
Carole x
Are the medicals sent to Australia straight away or do they wait until blood test results are available?
Also, if there are any further tests required, is that decided by the docs in Oz, ... or can GP doing medical ask for this??
Can't help having lots of worries about this!!!
Old Oct 6th 2005, 10:40 pm
In my own little world!

Originally Posted by pata
Are the medicals sent to Australia straight away or do they wait until blood test results are available?
Also, if there are any further tests required, is that decided by the docs in Oz, ... or can GP doing medical ask for this??
Can't help having lots of worries about this!!!
Seriously Carole, unless you have had a significant medical problem in the past, don't worry about the meds - they really are so straightforward.

Your medical results are only sent to Oz after the results of the blood test come back. You'll have x-rays in the morning before the medical so the GP conducting the med would tell you there and then if something untoward was showing up on the xray. They will also test your urine, and again if anything untoward shows up, you'd know about it. The blood test is purely for HIV, nothing else.

Hope this reassures you, but PM me if you have any other questions.

Rgds,

Nicky

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.