Wikiposts

Medicals

Old Feb 28th 2004, 8:20 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals

Originally posted by DunRoaminTheUK
On the subject of piercings, is every person who currently has a piercing or has had a piercing requested to take a Hep B Test?

My partner had a piercing in her belly button ages ago, but she has not worn a piercing there for about 4 years. Will she be required to undergo a Hep B test?

Cheers.
She probably will.The reason is because many cases of Hep B have been caused by Piercing or Tatoos.
It would not fail her the medical even if it were positive but may require a health undertaking.Not sure.
Best to declare it rather than have it come to light later.
The chances of it being positive are slim but a reality nonetheless.

Good luck

G
Old Feb 28th 2004, 11:39 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Grayling
She probably will.The reason is because many cases of Hep B have been caused by Piercing or Tatoos.
It would not fail her the medical even if it were positive but may require a health undertaking.Not sure.
Best to declare it rather than have it come to light later.
The chances of it being positive are slim but a reality nonetheless.

Good luck

G
Thanks for the info.

On the subject of a requirement to take a health underaking, what does this involve?

My partner has a bowel condition/problem, which required her to have an astoma. This is a small hole, located slightly above her left hip and midway between her pelvis and belly-button. She must self-administer a sodium based solution to herself, three times a week, via a baby-feeding bottle, cannula and a catheter which is inserted into the astoma. She rarely has to visit a hospital for this illness (minimal surgical intervention needed about every 4-5 years on average, which is done under a local anaesthetic, to widen the astoma). We have worked out that her medication (including equipment) costs about £68 per month here in the UK and this illness is in no way, shape or form communicable.

I think that she will obviously be classified as a 'Group B' medical assessment but my question is does anyone think that her condition will realistically preclude her from being granted a visa? Also, does anybody think that a condition such as hers will require her to take a health undertaking?

Thanks in anticipation.
Old Feb 28th 2004, 10:34 pm
Jeff

"swiss tony" <member17889@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Originally posted by DunRoaminTheUK
    > > Also, seriously, do
    > they really play with your "nads" at the medical, if you are a male?
    > No..... that's a load of bo**ocks!
    > In all seriousness as
    > well now.... nobody went anywhere near my bits on my medical. They
    > really are very basic actually, other than a quick eye, ear, throat
    > test, few prods in the abdomen and a reflex test that was about it! Took
    > about 5 minutes once the blood/urine tests and the chest x-ray was done.

I had to strip to underwear and lay on a couch. As well as all the tests I
was expecting the doc lifted up the elastic of my undercrackers and had a
look. Erm....hmmm....

As long as I get the visa.....

> Regards
    > ST
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Feb 29th 2004, 8:07 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by DunRoaminTheUK
Thanks for the info.

On the subject of a requirement to take a health underaking, what does this involve?

My partner has a bowel condition/problem, which required her to have an astoma. This is a small hole, located slightly above her left hip and midway between her pelvis and belly-button. She must self-administer a sodium based solution to herself, three times a week, via a baby-feeding bottle, cannula and a catheter which is inserted into the astoma. She rarely has to visit a hospital for this illness (minimal surgical intervention needed about every 4-5 years on average, which is done under a local anaesthetic, to widen the astoma). We have worked out that her medication (including equipment) costs about £68 per month here in the UK and this illness is in no way, shape or form communicable.

I think that she will obviously be classified as a 'Group B' medical assessment but my question is does anyone think that her condition will realistically preclude her from being granted a visa? Also, does anybody think that a condition such as hers will require her to take a health undertaking?

Thanks in anticipation.
A health undertaking means that she would have to have the condition followed up in Australia and you would have to agree to that as a condition of the visa (as I understand it).It also means you may only have 6 months instead of a year to validate.

I doubt she would fail the medical for a condition which is under control.

Good Luck

G
Old Feb 29th 2004, 9:18 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Grayling
A health undertaking means that she would have to have the condition followed up in Australia and you would have to agree to that as a condition of the visa (as I understand it).It also means you may only have 6 months instead of a year to validate.

I doubt she would fail the medical for a condition which is under control.

Good Luck

G
Thanks Grayling. That's reassuring to know.

Has anyone else had a similar experience with a rare illness, that shows some similarity to my partners illness, which has not precluded them from receiving their visa(s)?

Thanks in anticipation..