Wikiposts

Medicals

Old Jan 1st 2004, 10:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice
Default Medicals

Hi everyone

Does anyone know how much these infamous medicals cost (in the uk?). Do you get them from your normal GP or do you have to go somewhere specified by DIMIA? And what is involved in them....chest x-rays, blood test etc?

SS
Old Jan 1st 2004, 11:45 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicals

You can download the list of doctors from here -

http://www.australia.org.uk/vti/html...character.html

They all charge different amounts so ring round the ones closest to you.
Yes it involves a chest x-ray, blood test, and other stuff outlined on that link, or do a search on here for medicals - plenty of old threads.

Pollyana

PS Wouldn't be a Brighton supporter, would you...?
Old Jan 1st 2004, 11:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Pollyana,

Thanks for the help.

And u guessed it.....Brighton all the way!
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 12:21 am
BE Enthusiast

JayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the rough

Hi there

For the chest xray, blood test and general medical it costs 290 for 2 of you. Extra 20 quid if you've got any tatoos for hepititus test

Cheers
Jayne
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 12:29 am
Forum Regular

lyndab is an unknown quantity at this point

That's weird. I am in Ireland, and have tattoos but didn't have to have the hep test done. Is it a UK thing do you think
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 12:31 am
BE Enthusiast

JayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the roughJayneS is a jewel in the rough

Ooh I don't know. Maybe. There was a question on the sheet saying have you any tatoos and a note saying if yes you need hepititis test for extra 20 quid. Did they realise you had one?
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 12:38 am
Forum Regular

lyndab is an unknown quantity at this point

hmmm, I didn't see any question on our medical form asking if we had tattoos or making any mention of having a hep test if we did and I did read the form from cover to cover many times. It can't be a different form because Ireland are in the same zone as the UK - we use your embassy for our visas and stuff. When did you do your medical - I did mine last month, coudl the form have changed?

My doctor was aware I had them, because he commented on the position of one, saying it must have been sore when I got it done.

Anyway, not to worry, it has been done now and sent to Adelaide and the dr said all was fine.
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 12:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Perhaps we just looked dodgy!!
It was 2 weeks ago so maybe a new thing but it did definitely say it on the form.
But still if all's ok then no probs!!
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 11:14 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

The Hep B test isn't new cos I remember people talking about it over a year ago on the forum - they are supposed to do it if you have any tattoos or piercings.

SuperSeagulls - I left Brighton in October - can't say I miss it at all - and am now settled in Brisbane; a guy I used to work with reckoned he was the biggest Seagulls fan ever and occasionally sends me match reports, just to wind me up cos he knows I'm not really into football!
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 11:25 am
BE Forum Addict

From Brighton to Brisbane eh! Cant be bad.

Am looking to immigrate myself, gonna get the ball rolling soon. Only found this site today.

How was the PR process for you? Really stressful and complicated or not to bad?
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 12:55 pm
Home and Happy

I haven't actually got PR yet - I'm on a Prospective Spouse visa at present, marrying my Aussie Bloke at the end of January, then I get PR 2 years after that. Long drawn out process, but worth it in the end! Meant I didn't have to go through all the skills assessment and stuff like that, just had to persuade my Aussie to propose to me!
Getting the visa was pretty straightforward though - and a lot quicker than independent/skills ones. All the stress really has been since it was granted - sorting out the move, getting a job now I'm here, coping with new partner and new country all at once, and the latest thing is my highly inefficient shipping company in Hove who seem to have lost part of the consignment!!! (little tip, don't use ALS of the Knoll Estate!).
Still, no regrets, thoroughly enjoying it! Used to live at Fiveways, which was one of the better areas, but I still wouldn't go back!

Which visa are you looking to get? Any idea where in Oz you are heading?
Old Jan 3rd 2004, 1:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi,

I am hoping for a skilled independent visa, with my partner, to whom I am engaged. We are both poms.

Looks like its a minefield of paperwork though!

SS
Old Feb 28th 2004, 7:34 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by SuperSeagulls
Hi,

I am hoping for a skilled independent visa, with my partner, to whom I am engaged. We are both poms.

Looks like its a minefield of paperwork though!

SS
On the subject of piercings, is every person who currently has a piercing or has had a piercing requested to take a Hep B Test?

My partner had a piercing in her belly button ages ago, but she has not worn a piercing there for about 4 years. Will she be required to undergo a Hep B test?

Cheers.
Old Feb 28th 2004, 7:46 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by DunRoaminTheUK
On the subject of piercings, is every person who currently has a piercing or has had a piercing requested to take a Hep B Test?

My partner had a piercing in her belly button ages ago, but she has not worn a piercing there for about 4 years. Will she be required to undergo a Hep B test?

Cheers.
Also, seriously, do they really play with your "nads" at the medical, if you are a male?
Old Feb 28th 2004, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

swiss tony is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by DunRoaminTheUK
Also, seriously, do they really play with your "nads" at the medical, if you are a male?
No..... that's a load of bo**ocks!

In all seriousness as well now.... nobody went anywhere near my bits on my medical. They really are very basic actually, other than a quick eye, ear, throat test, few prods in the abdomen and a reflex test that was about it! Took about 5 minutes once the blood/urine tests and the chest x-ray was done.

Regards

ST

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.