Medical for a working holiday visa

Old Sep 16th 2008, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

kicking_k is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical for a working holiday visa

Hi guys,

Just wanted to ask; hubbie and i will be applying for a working holiday visa once he has got his new passport back! I am a nurse (been offered a 6month contact at the royal alfred hospital) just wondered would i need a medical as part of my application, it mentions something on their website, how would this work, do i have to get it done before my application, or after, do we have to find a doctor ourselves, or do they have an approved list?

K

xx
Old Sep 16th 2008, 11:41 pm
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical for a working holiday visa

Hi - if you wish to work as a nurse they will likely ask you to have a medical. You will need to use a panel doctor (search for the list on www.immi.gov.au). If you apply online thay will contact you (check your email regularly and look in junk mail too) and request the medical.

Then you get the meds/xray done and the doctor forwards the result and they let you know when everythings ok and you have the visa.
Old Sep 17th 2008, 10:50 am
BE Enthusiast

mvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of lightmvt550 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Medical for a working holiday visa

If you apply online, it will ask you questions about your intended occupation and activities in Australia - one of which is something like "Do you intend to work in a healthcare setting?" to which of course you will answer yes.
Then during the online application process it will produce some medical forms partially completed with your details for you to print off and take to the medical.

The medical must be done by an approved panel doctor. The list can be found on the DIAC website.
For you as a nurse it will include CXR and bloods as well as the medical examination itself.

I did this 3 years ago and the process was very straightforward. (I am a GP - came here initially on a working holiday visa so similar situation to you)

Originally Posted by kicking_k
Hi guys,

Just wanted to ask; hubbie and i will be applying for a working holiday visa once he has got his new passport back! I am a nurse (been offered a 6month contact at the royal alfred hospital) just wondered would i need a medical as part of my application, it mentions something on their website, how would this work, do i have to get it done before my application, or after, do we have to find a doctor ourselves, or do they have an approved list?

K

xx