Medical - Whats in it?

Old Dec 31st 2008, 2:43 pm
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Radlam's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Perth, WA
Posts: 50
Radlam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical - Whats in it?

I am fine with whatever they want to test me for in the medical.

However, my partner is terrified of needles. I mean, like no other person I know. I said I would find out for her if any injections/blood samples were required as part of the medical in the hope it will either put her mind at rest (if no needles are involved), or help her prepare for what is to come.

Thanks

Rick
Radlam is offline  
Old Dec 31st 2008, 2:58 pm
  #2  
Forum Regular
 
vickiejaynem's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: scotland
Posts: 203
vickiejaynem will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Medical - Whats in it?

Originally Posted by Radlam View Post
I am fine with whatever they want to test me for in the medical.

However, my partner is terrified of needles. I mean, like no other person I know. I said I would find out for her if any injections/blood samples were required as part of the medical in the hope it will either put her mind at rest (if no needles are involved), or help her prepare for what is to come.

Thanks

Rick
there is a blood test as far as aware Im afriad and if piercings or tattoo may take another (so some lists say so not 100% sure on that one ) also involved is the general blolod pressure weight etc and chest xray.
vickiejaynem is offline  
Old Dec 31st 2008, 3:22 pm
  #3  
BE Enthusiast
 
helena39's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Sunny Little Mountain!!!!
Posts: 627
helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Medical - Whats in it?

Originally Posted by Radlam View Post
I am fine with whatever they want to test me for in the medical.

However, my partner is terrified of needles. I mean, like no other person I know. I said I would find out for her if any injections/blood samples were required as part of the medical in the hope it will either put her mind at rest (if no needles are involved), or help her prepare for what is to come.

Thanks

Rick

Hi Rick,

Yes there is a blood test done in the medical.
helena39 is offline  
Old Dec 31st 2008, 3:53 pm
  #4  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Radlam's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Perth, WA
Posts: 50
Radlam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medical - Whats in it?

Originally Posted by helena39 View Post
Hi Rick,

Yes there is a blood test done in the medical.
Eek,

I will break it to here gently I think! Maybe Ill lie to her, and say there isnt one. And then on the day.... "SURPRISE!!!!"

Rick
Radlam is offline  
Old Dec 31st 2008, 5:34 pm
  #5  
BE Forum Addict
 
itigo's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Victoria
Posts: 1,395
itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical - Whats in it?

Originally Posted by Radlam View Post
Eek,

I will break it to here gently I think! Maybe Ill lie to her, and say there isnt one. And then on the day.... "SURPRISE!!!!"

Rick
I have a friend who virtually passes out if you even mention a needle. Deals with blood and gore as a first aider at work but can't handle needles and syringes at all.

In order for her to have an injection, blood taken, her Mum gets her permission then when she passes out at the Drs, orders them to do it while she's out cold!! I sympathise.......
itigo is offline  
Old Dec 31st 2008, 6:41 pm
  #6  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Radlam's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Perth, WA
Posts: 50
Radlam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medical - Whats in it?

Originally Posted by itigo View Post
I have a friend who virtually passes out if you even mention a needle. Deals with blood and gore as a first aider at work but can't handle needles and syringes at all.

In order for her to have an injection, blood taken, her Mum gets her permission then when she passes out at the Drs, orders them to do it while she's out cold!! I sympathise.......
Yeah that sounds just the same. Its even got that bad, that anything resembling a needle makes her go light headed!
Radlam is offline  
Old Dec 31st 2008, 7:44 pm
  #7  
DCS
Forum Regular
 
DCS's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: costa del Bournemouth
Posts: 102
DCS is just really niceDCS is just really niceDCS is just really niceDCS is just really niceDCS is just really niceDCS is just really niceDCS is just really niceDCS is just really niceDCS is just really niceDCS is just really nice
Default Re: Medical - Whats in it?

Originally Posted by Radlam View Post
Yeah that sounds just the same. Its even got that bad, that anything resembling a needle makes her go light headed!
i know the feeling
DCS is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.