Medical - Whats in it?

Old Dec 31st 2008, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

Radlam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical - Whats in it?

I am fine with whatever they want to test me for in the medical.

However, my partner is terrified of needles. I mean, like no other person I know. I said I would find out for her if any injections/blood samples were required as part of the medical in the hope it will either put her mind at rest (if no needles are involved), or help her prepare for what is to come.

Thanks

Rick
Old Dec 31st 2008, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

vickiejaynem will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Medical - Whats in it?

Originally Posted by Radlam

However, my partner is terrified of needles. I mean, like no other person I know. I said I would find out for her if any injections/blood samples were required as part of the medical in the hope it will either put her mind at rest (if no needles are involved), or help her prepare for what is to come.

Thanks

Rick
there is a blood test as far as aware Im afriad and if piercings or tattoo may take another (so some lists say so not 100% sure on that one ) also involved is the general blolod pressure weight etc and chest xray.
Old Dec 31st 2008, 2:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

helena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud ofhelena39 has much to be proud of

Thanks

Rick

Hi Rick,

Yes there is a blood test done in the medical.
Old Dec 31st 2008, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by helena39
Hi Rick,

Yes there is a blood test done in the medical.
Eek,

I will break it to here gently I think! Maybe Ill lie to her, and say there isnt one. And then on the day.... "SURPRISE!!!!"

Rick
Old Dec 31st 2008, 4:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute

Eek,

I will break it to here gently I think! Maybe Ill lie to her, and say there isnt one. And then on the day.... "SURPRISE!!!!"

Rick
I have a friend who virtually passes out if you even mention a needle. Deals with blood and gore as a first aider at work but can't handle needles and syringes at all.

In order for her to have an injection, blood taken, her Mum gets her permission then when she passes out at the Drs, orders them to do it while she's out cold!! I sympathise.......
Old Dec 31st 2008, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by itigo
I have a friend who virtually passes out if you even mention a needle. Deals with blood and gore as a first aider at work but can't handle needles and syringes at all.

In order for her to have an injection, blood taken, her Mum gets her permission then when she passes out at the Drs, orders them to do it while she's out cold!! I sympathise.......
Yeah that sounds just the same. Its even got that bad, that anything resembling a needle makes her go light headed!
Old Dec 31st 2008, 6:44 pm
DCS
Forum Regular

DCS is just really niceDCS is just really niceDCS is just really niceDCS is just really niceDCS is just really niceDCS is just really niceDCS is just really niceDCS is just really niceDCS is just really niceDCS is just really nice

Yeah that sounds just the same. Its even got that bad, that anything resembling a needle makes her go light headed!
i know the feeling