Wikiposts

medical question

Old Mar 19th 2009, 4:05 am
Forum Regular

loopiestrats is an unknown quantity at this point
Default medical question

Hi

could anyone help please
I think I am just panicing now but I have got to have a medical and the form is asking about operations I have had in the past.
I have just started to write them down and I have had small operations every year give or take a year since 1991

Do you think they will just turn me away???????

I am not mega ill just unlucky i think

will it make a difference ? do I tell them about all of them??

thanks for any advice it may calm me down
Old Mar 19th 2009, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

ukjoiner will become famous soon enough
Default Re: medical question

Originally Posted by loopiestrats
Hi

could anyone help please
I think I am just panicing now but I have got to have a medical and the form is asking about operations I have had in the past.
I have just started to write them down and I have had small operations every year give or take a year since 1991

I dont think anyone can predict this. I think its more about how much you are going to cost when you arrive in Oz rather than past operations (obviously dependant on what they were) which affects this particular issue.

Thats what an agent I spoke to advised me anyhoo......

I may be wrong, good luck though.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

dhama is an unknown quantity at this point

It is better to disclose everything in form 26 and panel doctor and that would be staright forward. Since it is a minor operation and that to way back it is not going to affect your application. If they come know that you hiden something may lead to visa refusal. Best wishes. Dhama

Originally Posted by ukjoiner
I dont think anyone can predict this. I think its more about how much you are going to cost when you arrive in Oz rather than past operations (obviously dependant on what they were) which affects this particular issue.

Thats what an agent I spoke to advised me anyhoo......

I may be wrong, good luck though.
Old Mar 20th 2009, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

VanAxel is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

could anyone help please

Yes you have to declare any operations you had truthfully, no matter how minor. The purpose of the medicals is to ensure that you do not have any medical condition that will result in you depending on the Aust Govt for medical support... Centerlink, medicare etc upon approval of your visa.
Old Mar 20th 2009, 7:52 pm
applied August 2008..

Yorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really niceYorkshireclan is just really nice

Hi

could anyone help please

One bit of advice i can give is to go to your GPs and ask them to printout discharge letters for operations you've had in the past...

We did this for our meds and Dr checked over them and put notes down regarding past operations saying all ok..

Our meds were finalised no problem..
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

loopiestrats is an unknown quantity at this point

THANK YOU
FOR YOUR HELP