Wikiposts

MEDICAL Question

Old Oct 8th 2007, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

Scoobydo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default MEDICAL Question

Hi its me again!
Yet another question, just looked at the immi.gov website through Medical section, and we wondered if anyone has has medicals before they have been advised to do so by the visa application people......... I ask this as it does advise do not do this until you have been asked to!

Has anyone had medicals and xrays before they were told to proceed and get them done.
Could not see any prices of Meds on website.
Sorry if this all sounds confusing I must be getting confused as I am suffering from jet lag. But if you can make any sense of this question- Then Thank you. Any help much needed!
Old Oct 8th 2007, 10:48 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: MEDICAL Question

Lots of people have done them early, myself included. It's typically called frontloading, whether you send it in with the application or before asked for. If you do a search on here for frontloading you'll find more information.

You really need to wait until after you have a file reference number so that they will be able to match up your medicals to your file.

If you're going to do your medicals early then you might as well do the police checks at the same time. The problem with sending everything early is you only have 1 year to validate from the time of the medicals or police checks (whichever was done earliest).

So for example, if you did the medicals on Nov 1, 2007 and your visa wasn't granted until 8 months later then you would have shortened your validation time by about 8 months. So, if you get your visa on July 1, 2008 then you'd have until about Nov 1, 2008 to validate. So you can see how your time would be shortened. Had you waited you'd have longer to validate.

For some people it doesn't matter because they're ready to go right away, or make a validation trip.

Somewhere there are medical forms you can download to do this. Don't remember where at the moment, but they are out there.

I can't help you out with the cost as I'm not from the UK. For us it was about $700 in Canada for 2 adults and 2 little kids. I think that's cheaper than the UK if I remember correctly.

Good luck with the visa process.
Old Oct 8th 2007, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

Scoobydo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: MEDICAL Question

Hi Comet555 and Pollyana,
Your information that you have given me is greatly appreciated, I can now search further more and ring up for quotes.

Once again Thanks!