Wikiposts

Medical question

Old Apr 11th 2003, 6:26 am
Forum Regular

Nice2cu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical question

Hi All,

I have question regarding medical and x-ray check if some could help me please. I've got my medical and x-ray result yesterday, everything is fine except my x-ray shows that my heart is slightly abnormal in size and shape ( slightly bigger than normal heart). I knew about this 3 yrs ago and had to see a cardiologist and been told everything is ok (no high risk) but i might have a small risk in the future. Today i went to see the appointed doctor and explained to him the situation and even took my previous medical record to him and he said he will talk to Australian migration doctors and get back to me.

What i want to ask is if any one had similar problem with the medical condition like heart or something else and refused for PR visa. I'm really worried now if this going to affect the decision.

What if i say, if there is a problem with my heart i want to take a private medical insurance once i get there rather than depend on the medical care there, will this help?

I would really appreciate for any help and comment. I lookforward to hear from everyone. Thank you Inadvance and have a nice weekend all.
Old Apr 11th 2003, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

mrladyboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medical question

Hi,

Saying you'll get medical insurance will make no difference. If you are accepted, Oz Gov has an obligation to allow you access to medicare. If you change your mind about health insurance (or are refused cover), and have need for medical care, the Gov can't refuse it.

Sorry if this wasn't what you wanted to hear.