Medical processing time??

Old Jan 29th 2008, 7:59 am

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medical processing time??

Originally Posted by Shoan and Rich
Holy macaroni !
Thats loads, we were £360 for a family of 4. We had them in Edinburgh , X-rays were £40 each in Perth Hospital. I thought that was pretty steep.

We are still waiting on our visa, but hopefully looking at other peoples time lines we should hear something in the next 4 weeks (fingers crossed )

Any one else heard anything yet ??

Ours were done in Manchester but both xrays and medicals were done within 2 hours on the same day, very expensive i know, but it saved having to take two days off work and taking the kids out of school twice. They were done on the 3rd Jan, sent off on the 11th Jan, received on the 14th Jan, finalised on the 22nd Jan
Old Jan 29th 2008, 8:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Wandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mary1967
Ours were done in Manchester but both xrays and medicals were done within 2 hours on the same day, very expensive i know, but it saved having to take two days off work and taking the kids out of school twice. They were done on the 3rd Jan, sent off on the 11th Jan, received on the 14th Jan, finalised on the 22nd Jan
Hi, well we were in Manchester the day before you. Ours were sent off on the same day, arrived the same day and I am going to assumed they have gone through. We are paper based so until we get a CO we won't know if they are ok

Claire x
Old Jan 29th 2008, 10:06 am
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

Our meds were done on the 4th Jan & sent off on the 16th so I'm assuming they should be finalised pretty soon as not much difference to yours. I've given up with Royal mails tracking thing as it's still saying the are being processed for sending overseas

Shouldn't be long for you now then
Alison
Old Jan 29th 2008, 1:00 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by al150n
Our meds were done on the 4th Jan & sent off on the 16th so I'm assuming they should be finalised pretty soon as not much difference to yours. I've given up with Royal mails tracking thing as it's still saying the are being processed for sending overseas

Shouldn't be long for you now then
Alison
I think with Royal mail thats all it will show as they do not do any tracking after that! If they were sent via Courier you can trace it all the way to delivery.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 1:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

It does sound expensive it, we are going to Carlisle next week and paying £750 for five of us ( me and OH and 3 teenagers) and xrays and docs are all being done on the same aft, the doc arranged it all and it didn't seem to be considered that xrays and meds wouldn't be done at same time.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by Wandathecat
Hi, well we were in Manchester the day before you. Ours were sent off on the same day, arrived the same day and I am going to assumed they have gone through. We are paper based so until we get a CO we won't know if they are ok

Claire x

We applied on-line so you get to see the status change to med's received and finalised, it was a good feeling, especially when my OH had to go back the next day for a second xray because they'd found a shadow on his lung - turned out to be nothing but it was a worrying time. (they didn't charge for the 2nd xray)

We probably paid over the odd's (actually, no probably about it!!) but i just wanted to get them done and sent off - can't remember the exact breakdown but the kids were classed as adults because they're over 12
Old Jan 30th 2008, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

We applied on-line so you get to see the status change to med's received and finalised, it was a good feeling, especially when my OH had to go back the next day for a second xray because they'd found a shadow on his lung - turned out to be nothing but it was a worrying time. (they didn't charge for the 2nd xray)

We probably paid over the odd's (actually, no probably about it!!) but i just wanted to get them done and sent off - can't remember the exact breakdown but the kids were classed as adults because they're over 12
its very hard isn't it, there is such a lot of expense all the way through the process and then i think its unfair when places take advantage because as you say you need to have it done and ultimately have no choice but to pay. I'm really grateful we were so lucky with ours. Hopefully it will all be for the best and in a couple of years we'll sit laughing in the sunshine about all this.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by Babsw
its very hard isn't it, there is such a lot of expense all the way through the process and then i think its unfair when places take advantage because as you say you need to have it done and ultimately have no choice but to pay. I'm really grateful we were so lucky with ours. Hopefully it will all be for the best and in a couple of years we'll sit laughing in the sunshine about all this.

I agree it's annoying how the same thing can vary in cost so much - hopefully the end result will be worth it - It's the waiting that's stressing me out and we've not been waiting that long.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 7:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

I agree it's annoying how the same thing can vary in cost so much - hopefully the end result will be worth it - It's the waiting that's stressing me out and we've not been waiting that long.
i'm ok at the moment coz there's nothing to be done until we've had meds next week but stress levels will really shoot when they get posted off.Its a wonder any of us make meds,blood pressures must be over limits for everyone!!! hang in there, girl, we've got this far!!!
Old Jan 31st 2008, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by Babsw
i'm ok at the moment coz there's nothing to be done until we've had meds next week but stress levels will really shoot when they get posted off.Its a wonder any of us make meds,blood pressures must be over limits for everyone!!! hang in there, girl, we've got this far!!!
I don't know how, in my dark moments i keep thinking, why did i ever start this????? and then i look at my kids, read the papers, stick another jumper on and suddenly the mist rises
Old Feb 5th 2008, 9:02 pm
Just Joined

rblackman is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ittakesages
Yes, I checked it first thing this morning though - just tried to have another look to see if OH's have cleared and it is unavailable now.
Could you please advise the website address for the IMMI site please?
Also are you able to check process of your medicals if you applied by paper document before September?
Old Feb 5th 2008, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

nessy family is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,
Is there anyway that we can find outif our meds got there ok. They were posted last monday through royal mail so have only been able to track upto them leaving this country....wishI had been more pushy now and made the doctor do courier, but they said it was good this way!
The online status page says 'processing commenced', what ever that means, but doesn't show any changeon meds etc. How do I know they got there safe, or knowing my luck are lost!!
Old Feb 5th 2008, 10:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

ghanghro is a jewel in the roughghanghro is a jewel in the roughghanghro is a jewel in the roughghanghro is a jewel in the roughghanghro is a jewel in the rough

Yupps there is:

Send an email message to [email protected] and include the following information:

When inquiring about your medical results, it is essential that you provide the following information:
1. Name of Applicant
2. Date of Birth
3. Passport number
4. Visa Applied For
5. Date Medicals Dispatched
6. Method of Dispatch (Courier/Standard) 7. If sent by Courier, then include:
- courier company name
- tracking number
- receipt date
- name of person who signed for the package on receipt
- NB: if you have not checked with the courier company please do so before contacting LCU

Originally Posted by nessy family
Hi all,
Is there anyway that we can find outif our meds got there ok. They were posted last monday through royal mail so have only been able to track upto them leaving this country....wishI had been more pushy now and made the doctor do courier, but they said it was good this way!
The online status page says 'processing commenced', what ever that means, but doesn't show any changeon meds etc. How do I know they got there safe, or knowing my luck are lost!!
Old Feb 5th 2008, 10:58 pm
Forum Regular

nessy family is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you, thats a great help.
Tan x
Old Feb 14th 2008, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Shoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to allShoan and Rich is a name known to all

Its gone quiet on here,
Anyone got any news on the processing times, our meds were sent on the 27th Dec and we are still waiting to hear.
I'm hoping it wont be too long now.

Shona

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.