Wikiposts

Medical & Police Check for Partner Visa

Old Sep 9th 2014, 12:40 am
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical & Police Check for Partner Visa

How far off from citizenship is your oh. I assume the kids have dual citizenship.

Just it may be hard to return to the uk in the future without citizenship. A number of people are struggling with the new rules about bringing spouses back to the uk.

If she can get citizenship before leaving that would be advisable.
Old Sep 9th 2014, 1:09 am
Forum Regular

phillips_75 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Rammygirl - we do intend to sort out my OH's citizenship before we depart, but this Aussie visa takes so long to process that we really want to get the wheels in motion on that, then come back to hers.

She's been over here for a decade now, so it's hopefully a formality, just a matter of shelling out the money. We do need to get moving on it though.

We have one daughter together and maybe I've been a bit lax, but I assume she has dual citizenship. Her mum took her to Australia for a few weeks to meet the family and we made sure we got her Aussie citizenship through in time for that - so I know for a fact her Aussie citizenship is in place.

The bit where I'm making assumptions is the UK side - she was was born in the UK, and registered here in the UK with a British father, so I'd think she's automatically British? She does have both passports too, and had no trouble getting out to Australia and back.
Old Sep 9th 2014, 8:31 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Certainly the three I know of had no convictions, and had already provided colour scans.
In that case they should have no reason to request them unless it's a more obscure certificate they hadn't seen before. Old habits die hard I guess.
Old Sep 9th 2014, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute

You said kids. What about the other child. If it has another parent will they allow the move?

Best to sort things now. Any child without Aussie citizenship will need to go on your application. Sorry but to give any advice it is best to have the full picture.
Old Sep 9th 2014, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Medical & Police Check for Partner Visa

Originally Posted by phillips_75
Hi all, thanks for the info in here. I've made an online application - am I right in thinking that the clinic will send the results of my medical directly to the authorities?

And for the police check, they say that needs to be an original document, so presumably you still need to post that one in (even when your application is made online)?
Hi Rammygirl, I think you're confusing me with the opening poster. This was the first message I posted on here.

I've kind of hijacked the thread because my question was on the same subject - apologies for the confusion.

We just have the one daughter
Old Sep 9th 2014, 9:12 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I had the same thought in my mind actually, I think it was your post above where you said 'British father' - I got confused for a minute as to whether you were the British father, or someone else!
Old Sep 10th 2014, 12:11 am
Forum Regular

Yeah, reading it back I could have been clearer, sorry!

We have one daughter together, and she is the only child either of us has (and I am the British father � ���� )
Old Sep 10th 2014, 1:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Ok officially confused, I was replying to the op where have they gone? I didn't realise we had two people asking similar things.

This can be a real problem as advice is given on info given and I had merged two people!

Either way it makes sense to have the whole family with the same rights.
Old Sep 10th 2014, 3:23 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rammygirl
Ok officially confused, I was replying to the op where have they gone? I didn't realise we had two people asking similar things.

This can be a real problem as advice is given on info given and I had merged two people!

Either way it makes sense to have the whole family with the same rights.
The OP is also going for a Spouse Visa but they only drop in from time to time