Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

medical issues with children, ongoing medical appointments - good result?

Wikiposts

medical issues with children, ongoing medical appointments - good result?

Old Jan 13th 2008, 9:29 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute
Default medical issues with children, ongoing medical appointments - good result?

hi all

my brother and his family (wife plus 3 children) have a middle child (my niece, now a beautiful 6 year old) who has ongoing medical appointments. she has glue ear, and has had a mastoid removed (some years ago). she has to have ongoing appointments with her consultant at the hospital and still has ongoing problems with her ears.

has anyone successfully migrated with a child that has to have ongoing medical treatment? i understand that it all comes down to cost, and if it costs more than $xxx per annum to treat the child, then their application would be turned down.

i also understand that there are agents who specialize in medical issues, as my family are also aware of.

i just want to gauge other families circumstances and see how you all got on
Old Jan 13th 2008, 11:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

vickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to all
Default Re: medical issues with children, ongoing medical appointments - good result?

i can only tell you that my youngest has a vsd (heart murmer) and has been having check-ups since birth (she is 2). she has not required any treatment though and just has ecos at check-ups, 6 monthly. i took all the letters detailing her condition and that they are just keeping an eye on it to the medical and her meds have been passed.

other people have been turned down for some medical conditions, each one individual, but if you were serious there is one agent who people refer to on here, can't remember his name though but i'm sure someone else may know - it may be ian.....
oh, i have asthma and use inhalers daily too and passed

good luck
vicky
Old Jan 14th 2008, 8:28 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: medical issues with children, ongoing medical appointments - good result?

Originally Posted by vickyandrob
i can only tell you that my youngest has a vsd (heart murmer) and has been having check-ups since birth (she is 2). she has not required any treatment though and just has ecos at check-ups, 6 monthly. i took all the letters detailing her condition and that they are just keeping an eye on it to the medical and her meds have been passed.

other people have been turned down for some medical conditions, each one individual, but if you were serious there is one agent who people refer to on here, can't remember his name though but i'm sure someone else may know - it may be ian.....
oh, i have asthma and use inhalers daily too and passed

good luck
vicky
hi vicky, thanks for your reply. the agent i think you are referring to is peter bollard.
Old Jan 14th 2008, 9:51 am
BE Enthusiast

vickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to all

that's the one - my mind had gone blank!

good luck

vicky
Old Jan 14th 2008, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

GaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really nice

Our 4 year old has had on going problems from birth with lots of hospital visits, before we left in Dec he had a final hospital check up and we were informed that a lump on his neck if it grew much more would need removing. It has grown and will now be removed over here. No problems at all with his medicals etc all this info we just took to a new GP and he will go under the hospital here. They have been great so do not worry as my sons list is rather extensive.

Kat