Medical - How soon after childbirth?

Old Jun 22nd 2010, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

Okavango is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical - How soon after childbirth?

Hi. We've been appointed a CO, though I'm just about to ask for the application to be delayed until we can obtain medicals after our first child is born. How soon after birth can you obtain the required medical such that I can inform the CO correctly? Thanks.
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

Laura1888 is just really niceLaura1888 is just really niceLaura1888 is just really niceLaura1888 is just really niceLaura1888 is just really niceLaura1888 is just really niceLaura1888 is just really niceLaura1888 is just really nice
Default Re: Medical - How soon after childbirth?

I dont know for definate but im in the same situtation and as far as i know you can get a medical when pregnant. Its your choice wether you want to risk an xray or not.
Im not going to and im going to wait till after birth but the fact they'll do it when pregnant makes me think there wont be strict rules on a specific time after the birth either. Probably straight away.

Im gonna call up a month before the birth and book our apts so i'll ask then. The newborn baby will need one too!!

Good luck with it all xxx
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 3:23 am
The Mango King

Antney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Laura1888
I dont know for definate but im in the same situtation and as far as i know you can get a medical when pregnant. Its your choice wether you want to risk an xray or not.
Im not going to and im going to wait till after birth but the fact they'll do it when pregnant makes me think there wont be strict rules on a specific time after the birth either. Probably straight away.

Im gonna call up a month before the birth and book our apts so i'll ask then. The newborn baby will need one too!!

Good luck with it all xxx
My wife had her medical done six weeks after the birth of our yougest child with no problems. The little one sailed through it as well.
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 3:37 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

I don't believe there's any sort of time limit although you will need to bring the babies passport to the medicals. So you need to allow time to get the birth certificate back, apply for passport and get it returned to you.
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 4:08 am
Forum Regular

evishalarora is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Okavango
Hi. We've been appointed a CO, though I'm just about to ask for the application to be delayed until we can obtain medicals after our first child is born. How soon after birth can you obtain the required medical such that I can inform the CO correctly? Thanks.
In My wife's case, we delayed it after the birth till the time she was under mensuration as it is clearly mentioned in the Form that women should avoid taking medical test during mensuration. As you know after pregnancy mensuration can stay there for 20-180 days. However, in most cases, it's over by 6 weeks

Regards,
Vishal Arora
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

muditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of light

My wife's X ray was done 4 weeks after baby delivery.

check this.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=670368

Last edited by muditha; Jun 23rd 2010 at 8:00 am.