Wikiposts

Medical form questions

Old May 15th 2007, 8:25 am
Just Joined

Xena is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical form questions

Please help - although I may just be being dumb!

Just getting prepared with medical forms (although not going to book them until asked to) and wondered how you answer the following:

16 - Have you EVER had:

(i) infectious disease lasting more than 2 weeks? - does Glandular Fever count for this?

17 - Do you, or have you ever smoked? - a long time ago, 10-15 years do we still have to say we have?

I know they may seem trivial but to a control freak perfectionist I kind of like to make sure I have everything covered!

Thanks

Brenda
Old May 15th 2007, 8:31 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical form questions

Originally Posted by Xena
Please help - although I may just be being dumb!

Just getting prepared with medical forms (although not going to book them until asked to) and wondered how you answer the following:

16 - Have you EVER had:

(i) infectious disease lasting more than 2 weeks? - does Glandular Fever count for this?

17 - Do you, or have you ever smoked? - a long time ago, 10-15 years do we still have to say we have?

I know they may seem trivial but to a control freak perfectionist I kind of like to make sure I have everything covered!

Thanks

Brenda
Is glandular fever infectious? If so put it, better to put it than not put it probably

Yes you have to put that you have smoked even though it was a long time ago. When the doc sees it at the meds he will convert how long you smoked for and how many you smoked into 'pack years'. I gave up years ago but still put it on form.
Old May 15th 2007, 8:35 am
Just Joined

Thanks Clippies. As far as I was aware GF was infectious - that's what my GP told me all those years ago ...

Grrr about smoking ...

B
Old May 15th 2007, 8:41 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Clippies. As far as I was aware GF was infectious - that's what my GP told me all those years ago ...

Grrr about smoking ...

B
Put it then to be safe

Don't worry about the smoking bit - I put it on mine and I have a visa now
Old May 15th 2007, 8:48 am
Just Joined

Also had Hepetitis A (I think that is the correct one - too many of them now!) as a toddler, spose I'm gonna have to put that in too They better not hold that against me ...
Old May 15th 2007, 8:52 am

Also had Hepetitis A (I think that is the correct one - too many of them now!) as a toddler, spose I'm gonna have to put that in too They better not hold that against me ...
Ah yes you'll need to put that too!