Medical Costs - Ouch!!!

Old Apr 14th 2005, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

debilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant future
Default Medical Costs - Ouch!!!

It would seem that Cambridge Nuffield have put their prices up. I've read some previous entries on costs where people had medicals done last year and for a family of four, the cost was approx £450. I have been quoted the following:

£180 for me, £280 for my husband as he has two tatoos and £150 for each child.

Can anyone who has had recent medicals confirm how much they paid as I am now looking at £760!

thanks
Old Apr 14th 2005, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

tracyd has a spectacular aura abouttracyd has a spectacular aura abouttracyd has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Medical Costs - Ouch!!!

Originally Posted by debilloyd
It would seem that Cambridge Nuffield have put their prices up. I've read some previous entries on costs where people had medicals done last year and for a family of four, the cost was approx £450. I have been quoted the following:

Can anyone who has had recent medicals confirm how much they paid as I am now looking at £760!

thanks
We had our meds done in Southampton on 24th Feb. They charged £130 per adult and £100 child. X rays were done at Winchester and cost £50 each. Total cost for self, husband, 15 yr old (classed as adult) and 8yr old was £640.
Prices do vary so it's worth shopping around.

Best of luck

Tracy
Old Apr 14th 2005, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

Beano is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Medical Costs - Ouch!!!

thanks
Hi Debilloyd
Our meds are on Tuesday and I have the prices here,for me, hubby, (he has 1 tattoo) and 2 kids is £520. Maybe it'll be more when we pay? Yours does seem a lot though, I thought it was a fixed rate everywhere!
cheers Beano
Old Apr 14th 2005, 11:33 am
Senior Stella Member

Plug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nice

Just booked mine at Pinehill, Hitchin in Hertfordshire with Dr Stanley, charges £170 per adult and £70 per child. Just waiting for the meds request now!
Old Apr 14th 2005, 12:11 pm
Just Joined

moke is an unknown quantity at this point

Always phone around as costs vary enormously (and they can charge what they like).
It may even be worth travelling to other parts of the country (make a holiday of it!).
I recently paid just £30 for my Daughters medical at Dover after being quoted £70 at Brighton.
Dean.
Old Apr 14th 2005, 4:08 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Beano
Hi Debilloyd
Our meds are on Tuesday and I have the prices here,for me, hubby, (he has 1 tattoo) and 2 kids is £520. Maybe it'll be more when we pay? Yours does seem a lot though, I thought it was a fixed rate everywhere!
cheers Beano
It dont matter if its 1 or 20, its a blood test to check the needles did,nt cause infection.
Old Apr 14th 2005, 4:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

I also rang the nuffield and they seem very expensive, I am now going to Norwich where the Xrays are £20 less (£50), Meds are £100 each for adults and £60 for under 16 year old, no extra charge for tattoo's either. They charge £5 to send all the meds to OZ (rather than the rip off £10 each at Cambridge)
I think we have saved about £200 going to Norwich
Old Apr 14th 2005, 4:51 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
I also rang the nuffield and they seem very expensive, I am now going to Norwich where the Xrays are £20 less (£50), Meds are £100 each for adults and £60 for under 16 year old, no extra charge for tattoo's either. They charge £5 to send all the meds to OZ (rather than the rip off £10 each at Cambridge)
I think we have saved about £200 going to Norwich
sounds good,
Old Apr 14th 2005, 4:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulf
sounds good,
Really friendly as well at Norwich, both the Xray guy and the doctors.
Also a bonus because they do Xrays in the evening, ours are booked for 7pm

You do have to have Xrays and meds on different days though as they are not in the same place.
Old Apr 14th 2005, 5:40 pm
Here at last

Location: Now here in sunny Sandy Beach, near Coffs Harbour, N.S.W.)
TheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really nice

Hi this was our costs

2 x X-Rays @ £35.00 = £70.00
2 x Adult medicals @ £95.00 = £190.00
1 x Child medical @ £50.00 = £50.00
2 x Blood tests @ £30.00 = £60.00
1 x Postage fee @ £15.00 = £15.00
Total = £385.00

add to that £50.00 for a further consultation with the doctor and an extra £5.00 as we had a lot of documentation to send off, grand total £440.00.
I have two tatoos and my wife has 1 and we didn't get charged any extra, but these panel doctors seem to be able to charge what they like. As others have said, shop around. You are not restricted to where you get them done.

PS ours were done in Preston.
Old Apr 15th 2005, 7:16 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by TheRossers
Hi this was our costs

2 x X-Rays @ £35.00 = £70.00
2 x Adult medicals @ £95.00 = £190.00
1 x Child medical @ £50.00 = £50.00
2 x Blood tests @ £30.00 = £60.00
1 x Postage fee @ £15.00 = £15.00
Total = £385.00

add to that £50.00 for a further consultation with the doctor and an extra £5.00 as we had a lot of documentation to send off, grand total £440.00.
I have two tatoos and my wife has 1 and we didn't get Tharged any extra, but these panel doctors seem to be able to charge what they like. As others have said, shop around. You are not restricted to where you get them done.

PS ours were done in Preston.
Hi

This is true - you can have your medicals done wherever you can get the best deal and thry can fit you in. You are not restricted to the "closest one to your home". Just remember to add in the cost of the Xrays and any courier charges.

Regards

Jim
Old Apr 15th 2005, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

kelman has a brilliant futurekelman has a brilliant futurekelman has a brilliant futurekelman has a brilliant futurekelman has a brilliant futurekelman has a brilliant future

thanks
hi, we got our medicals in birmingham and they cost £80 each adult and £40 each child they never asked about tatoos and no extra to send them off. The xrays were £35 each and blood tests were £23.50 each.Total cost for everything for 2 adults and 3 children was £490.50.
Dawn
Old Apr 15th 2005, 7:53 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks

without wanting to give too much detail away ..... if you have tats are the medicals more?!?!?! what the hell is all that about then???? Sh** going to cost me a bloody fortune!!!!!!!!

i didnt have a clue about this?????? can anyone shed light please??????
Old Apr 16th 2005, 3:07 am

saraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Rooksie
without wanting to give too much detail away ..... if you have tats are the medicals more?!?!?! what the hell is all that about then???? Sh** going to cost me a bloody fortune!!!!!!!!

i didnt have a clue about this?????? can anyone shed light please??????
Yes, you've got to pay more if you have a tattoo, as anyone with a tattoo or body piercing (other than ears) needs to have a Hepatitis B test...
Old Apr 16th 2005, 6:59 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

Pine hill in Hitchin are goig to charge us 170 each for the meds for two adults and two of our children as they are, or will be over 11 years old when we have them done. Think its 130 for our youngest!

Rob

thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.