Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Medical for 175 applicants who are in Australia.

Medical for 175 applicants who are in Australia.

Old Jan 21st 2010, 3:36 am
Forum Regular

aliash is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical for 175 applicants who are in Australia.

Hi All,

Today I called HSA Melbourne for an appointment and they give me an appointment on 5th of February.
Actually the problem is my CO request me medicals on 19th of January whereas I got an appointment on 5th of Feb. As far as I know I heard they call for 2 appointments and then take atleast 7 working days to send the medicals. Now the problem is CO gave me just 28 days to reply so what should I do??? HSA Melbourne is not giving me any dates before 5th of Feb as they are booked. So I am puzzled.

Also I am wondering as i am applying for 175. Should I have to take photograph by myself or will they take my photograph on the day of appointment?
Old Jan 21st 2010, 3:57 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical for 175 applicants who are in Australia.

Originally Posted by aliash
Hi All,

Today I called HSA Melbourne for an appointment and they give me an appointment on 5th of February.
Actually the problem is my CO request me medicals on 19th of January whereas I got an appointment on 5th of Feb. As far as I know I heard they call for 2 appointments and then take atleast 7 working days to send the medicals. Now the problem is CO gave me just 28 days to reply so what should I do??? HSA Melbourne is not giving me any dates before 5th of Feb as they are booked. So I am puzzled.

Also I am wondering as i am applying for 175. Should I have to take photograph by myself or will they take my photograph on the day of appointment?
Take the photograph with you.
Contact your CO and tell them what you just told us. As long as they know the medical is booked you will be fine.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 4:04 am
Forum Regular

aliash is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Take the photograph with you.
Contact your CO and tell them what you just told us. As long as they know the medical is booked you will be fine.
Thanks for reply. Also I want to forget mentioning that my CO ask for AFP check again where as we sent him at the time of lodging application on 3rd of August 2009 what should I do? For how many months AFP clearance is valid?
Old Jan 21st 2010, 4:49 am
Forum Regular

afathi82 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am also applying for 175 while I am onshore, but i am in Canberra.

In my case, the second appointment was 3 days after the first appointment.
what i did is that, i scanned the receipt that i got on the first appointment from SHA and uploaded it to my application. there is one of the options called health receipt. this receipt shows that you booked and had your first appointment within 28 days from the request, and any delay from SHA is not your responsibilty.

The other thing i was worried as you regarding the photos, i called HSA the day before the appointment, and asked them, they told me that there is no need for photos, so i didn't take any with me, and everything was fine. You can also double check with them on phone.