Wikiposts

May have to be Student Visa !!!

Old Jul 9th 2009, 6:59 pm
Just Joined

fairygodmother is an unknown quantity at this point
Question May have to be Student Visa !!!

Hi folks,

Have posted on here before with regards to OH gaining sponsorship via a 457 visa - it might be possible once we get there ( melbourne ) but its the getting there that we can't get!!!

All along we had said that I would return to college, and I am interested in one course in Box Hill College.

With reading other posts about the student visa i'm very much put off it but if it's our only way min then what to do?? My course fee's are roughly €12000 per year, I have an agent who's willing to apply to college and sort my visa out for me - i've just e-mailed him this morning and asked him for a breakdown of charges etc. he's going to charge us. Has anyone done this themselves? Is it an easy enough process.

Are they quick to process? If it was successful and course didn't start until Jan 2010 could we enter Aus at any time once visa's through?

With regards to the whole working 20 hrs a week thing, I understand that's applicable to me and I can also work full-time during holidays. Then after two years when course is finished - what happens? Do I apply for PR then or do I have start work and then get sponsored? And as for my OH - he would also be confined to working just 20 hrs per week for the full year? Who governs this I wonder? Are we on a special tax number or something that if he were to be working full-time they (whoever they are) would fnd out staright away?? Not that we would dare do this - run the risk of getting caught out however - then being kicked out and never allowed back in!!

Any advice would be much appreciated - good or bad

Cheers
Trish
Old Jul 9th 2009, 7:41 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: May have to be Student Visa !!!

You can submit a student visa application online yourself and its straightforward enough. I wouldn't use an agent for that myself.

If you graduate from an Australian institution I think that you have to submit the application for PR within 6 months onshore. You are still points tested, but I recall you are exempt from the recent work experience requirements.
Old Jul 9th 2009, 11:12 pm
Lifestyle Development

balkanghost is a jewel in the roughbalkanghost is a jewel in the roughbalkanghost is a jewel in the roughbalkanghost is a jewel in the rough

TAFE fees €12000 per year? More like, in Victoria, normal TAFE fees are €5000 per year.
Old Jul 10th 2009, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

MrsTiv is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fairygodmother
Hi folks,

Have posted on here before with regards to OH gaining sponsorship via a 457 visa - it might be possible once we get there ( melbourne ) but its the getting there that we can't get!!!

All along we had said that I would return to college, and I am interested in one course in Box Hill College.

With reading other posts about the student visa i'm very much put off it but if it's our only way min then what to do?? My course fee's are roughly €12000 per year, I have an agent who's willing to apply to college and sort my visa out for me - i've just e-mailed him this morning and asked him for a breakdown of charges etc. he's going to charge us. Has anyone done this themselves? Is it an easy enough process.

Are they quick to process? If it was successful and course didn't start until Jan 2010 could we enter Aus at any time once visa's through?

With regards to the whole working 20 hrs a week thing, I understand that's applicable to me and I can also work full-time during holidays. Then after two years when course is finished - what happens? Do I apply for PR then or do I have start work and then get sponsored? And as for my OH - he would also be confined to working just 20 hrs per week for the full year? Who governs this I wonder? Are we on a special tax number or something that if he were to be working full-time they (whoever they are) would fnd out staright away?? Not that we would dare do this - run the risk of getting caught out however - then being kicked out and never allowed back in!!

Any advice would be much appreciated - good or bad

Cheers
Trish
I replied to one of your other posts but just wondering what it is you were wanting to study? I was looking at doing primary teaching at QUT in Brisbane and fees there are about $22,000 a year for that - no way we could afford that especially with only being allowed to work 20 hrs a week each during term time!!
Old Jul 10th 2009, 4:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Don't pay an agent to do your student visa, it is so easy.
Old Jul 10th 2009, 7:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Centurion
You can submit a student visa application online yourself and its straightforward enough. I wouldn't use an agent for that myself.

If you graduate from an Australian institution I think that you have to submit the application for PR within 6 months onshore. You are still points tested, but I recall you are exempt from the recent work experience requirements.
Hi Centurian, thanks for your reply, yeah, I think with having a look around here that I should be able to do it myself - especially with having you guys on hand for any questions I can't already find the answers to.

Balkanghost can help me with my course application and visa help too - he's really good.

Thanks again
Old Jul 10th 2009, 8:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MrsTiv
I replied to one of your other posts but just wondering what it is you were wanting to study? I was looking at doing primary teaching at QUT in Brisbane and fees there are about $22,000 a year for that - no way we could afford that especially with only being allowed to work 20 hrs a week each during term time!!
Hi Mrs Tiv

I had initially wanted to do the Diploma in Beauty Therapy (Spa) a 2 year course in Box Hill, Melbourne. Fees were actually $12,000. per term not euro's like I typed above, my mistake! But at taking a look at the CSL/MODL list there is nothing there for for me to gain PR afterwards.

Or I would like to do the Diploma of Children's Services, which would get me points for PR, so I think i'll go with that one - hopefully I will be accepted.

I wonder actually if anyone could tell me if my partner can commence his 20hr working week straight away when we arrive or if like me, he has to wait until my course commences?

Cheers
Old Jul 10th 2009, 8:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Firstly, the child care diploma does NOT qualify you as a child care coordinator (which is the only child care job on the list). You need to have a degree OR 5 years experiance of running a nursery with at least 20 children to qualify for that job. The 900 hours thing does not apply to that job.

The main trade course people go for are cookery, hairdressing, horticulture, and the very few others have vanished from my mind.
Then there is IT and nursing also popular.

When you do find a course, your partner can't start work either until the course starts.

Good luck
Old Jul 11th 2009, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

MrsTiv is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fairygodmother
Hi Mrs Tiv

I had initially wanted to do the Diploma in Beauty Therapy (Spa) a 2 year course in Box Hill, Melbourne. Fees were actually $12,000. per term not euro's like I typed above, my mistake! But at taking a look at the CSL/MODL list there is nothing there for for me to gain PR afterwards.

Or I would like to do the Diploma of Children's Services, which would get me points for PR, so I think i'll go with that one - hopefully I will be accepted.

I wonder actually if anyone could tell me if my partner can commence his 20hr working week straight away when we arrive or if like me, he has to wait until my course commences?

Cheers
Neither you or your partner are allowed to start work until you start on your course at uni/college....