Married after applying for visa

Old Sep 21st 2010, 2:58 pm
Just Joined

nestingbird is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Married after applying for visa

Dear all,

I had submitted a Class VE Subclass 175 visa application (online) two years back along with my (then) boy friend who also had lodged a separate online application for the same class visa (on the same date).

Both of us got (happily) married in the beginning of this year.

Two days back, I have received a communication from the allotted case officer asking for health and police clearance. It also contains a "changes in circumstances" form where I can update DIAC of any relevant changes. "New member in the family unit" is a change, which must be intimated to DIAC immediately.

My question:

Since I will be required to write about my changed marital status, is it worth mentioning about my husband's visa application and his TRN?

Cheers
Old Sep 21st 2010, 3:05 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Married after applying for visa

Hi there and welcome to B.E.

It's my pleasant duty to welcome you to the forum and give you a point of contact should you need any help with the site in general. You can contact me here.

A list of all the moderators and helpers with their relevant countries including Australia can be found here.

Any problems, dont hesitate to PM me.

This sounds like a complicated one to me. Hold fire and wait for some definite answers which I'm sure will be along sooner or later.

Alistair.
Old Sep 21st 2010, 3:13 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nestingbird
Dear all,

I had submitted a Class VE Subclass 175 visa application (online) two years back along with my (then) boy friend who also had lodged a separate online application for the same class visa (on the same date).

Both of us got (happily) married in the beginning of this year.

Two days back, I have received a communication from the allotted case officer asking for health and police clearance. It also contains a "changes in circumstances" form where I can update DIAC of any relevant changes. "New member in the family unit" is a change, which must be intimated to DIAC immediately.

My question:

Since I will be required to write about my changed marital status, is it worth mentioning about my husband's visa application and his TRN?

Cheers
If you have BOTH applied for visas separately then you BOTH need to advise DIAC of your marriage as both applications will need updating as far as "partner details "go. You'll also both need to supply copies of your marriage certificate

Last edited by Pollyana; Sep 21st 2010 at 3:21 pm.
Old Sep 21st 2010, 5:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

If you have a CO and your OH does not, then I would urge you to add your OH onto your application as a dependent ASAP. Otherwise you might find you will get a visa whilst he won't. The change of circumstances form is the way to do this. What are your occupations by the way? (Just trying to work out where you both sit in the processing queue)
Old Sep 21st 2010, 7:48 pm
Just Joined

nestingbird is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you all for your prompt and valuable responses!

Pollyana, your sugggestion sounds absolutely logical to me. However, I guess I am still unclear on one aspect. About my hubby updating his "partner details" while he is still awaiting his CO. Are you suggesting the use of change of circumstance form in his case as well?

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
If you have a CO and your OH does not, then I would urge you to add your OH onto your application as a dependent ASAP. Otherwise you might find you will get a visa whilst he won't. The change of circumstances form is the way to do this. What are your occupations by the way? (Just trying to work out where you both sit in the processing queue)
Bermudashorts, if I add him also in my application as a dependent, (with our marriage certificate and his credentials attached) what might happen to his already existing application?

By the way, both of us are Social Workers.
Old Sep 21st 2010, 8:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nestingbird
Thank you all for your prompt and valuable responses!

Pollyana, your sugggestion sounds absolutely logical to me. However, I guess I am still unclear on one aspect. About my hubby updating his "partner details" while he is still awaiting his CO. Are you suggesting the use of change of circumstance form in his case as well?

Bermudashorts, if I add him also in my application as a dependent, (with our marriage certificate and his credentials attached) what might happen to his already existing application?

By the way, both of us are Social Workers.
Yes you should both put the other person on each other's application, but it is particularly important in your case as you have the CO. I would suggest you just leave your OH's application sitting there, just incase yours is rejected for any reason then at least there is still a chance you will get a visa when they get to that his. Once yours is decided and you both have visas then your OH can withdraw the other application. There won't be a refund so you might as well just leave it sitting there until you have visa in hand, there is no problem with having two applications in.