Wikiposts

Marriage name change after visa approval

Old Aug 8th 2006, 3:12 am
Just Joined

Phil Reader is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Marriage name change after visa approval

I've recently been approved for skilled independant, but have also married so my wifes new passport name doesn't match the one on the visa. We were going to send in a form 929 (change of address and passport details) but there doesn't seem anywhere to put a change of name in, so I assume its not intended for this.

Can we just send the new passport off for visa evidencing with un-matching names or is there something we need to do first?

Thanks,
Phil.
Old Aug 8th 2006, 3:38 am
Juicer Member

Glenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Marriage name change after visa approval

Originally Posted by Phil Reader
I've recently been approved for skilled independant, but have also married so my wifes new passport name doesn't match the one on the visa. We were going to send in a form 929 (change of address and passport details) but there doesn't seem anywhere to put a change of name in, so I assume its not intended for this.

Can we just send the new passport off for visa evidencing with un-matching names or is there something we need to do first?

Thanks,
Phil.
The same has happened to me (although we had not got the visa yet ). You need to fill out the change of circumstances form. I think it's form 1022. There's space to change anything that needs changing. Also put your new passport number. HTH

Last edited by Glenat; Aug 8th 2006 at 3:40 am.
Old Aug 8th 2006, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Stella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to all

Thanks,
Phil.

Hi there,
I'm in same situation but I posted my question in the main Australia forum (didn't know this one was here!) have a look there are some good replies! http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...30#post3787330
Congratulations on getting married!
Stella xx
Old Aug 9th 2006, 3:30 am
Just Joined

Phil Reader is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Marriage name change after visa approval

Thanks very much for your replys,
would be simipler to just go with my wife passport in her maiden name but it's already been changed.
Think we will have to send off to Adelaide, do you know if we would have to send anything with the form 1022? it doesn't mention anything that i can see on the forms.
Would we have to send the marriage cert and new passport, or copies and and would these have to be it certified by a solicitor first?
Thanks again!!
Old Aug 9th 2006, 8:00 am
We're here in Brissie

Fionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really niceFionast is just really nice

Thanks very much for your replys,
would be simipler to just go with my wife passport in her maiden name but it's already been changed.
Think we will have to send off to Adelaide, do you know if we would have to send anything with the form 1022? it doesn't mention anything that i can see on the forms.
Would we have to send the marriage cert and new passport, or copies and and would these have to be it certified by a solicitor first?
Thanks again!!
Not sure as we got married before our visa was granted. All we had to do was submit form 1022. I believe though that you just inform your CO with the new details and they will then get the visa details updated.

Fiona